• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
26c4f06707be9544bb5b21bf10d5f48d.jpg

S???R?I?????

These look like YL to me. Unless the shape of ZF dial numerals, particularly the number 4, has retrogressed.

add461

Horology Curious
1/4/07
I'm trying to buy the white face /blue hands ZF on intime.co but I can't register an account !! It keeps saying my email address in invalid ...HELP

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
Anyone know how well the new ZF Laureaus blue dial is vs GEN.
Did they nail the blue color. I am having trouble seeing it based on the pics I can see on PureTime site.

I am considering the Laureaus, Ardoise Dial and the Rose Gold/White dial versions (I owned the gen of RG/White years ago and loved it).

Hats off to ZF for all these great choices.

Comments on the Laureaus dial color are appreciated.

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
What's your guy's opinion on AR for this. I have the white/gold indexes version and it's a little cloudy from some angles.. I'm thinking about sending it to Steve but every time I do I don't hear the end of how he really likes it and ordered one for himself.

w4tch3r

Horology Curious
3/2/15
Damnit! When the ardoise dial with gold numerals comes out (and you all know it's coming eventually) I'm going to be out another 400 bucks, the wife is going to shoot me, and I'll have to have the watch sent to the hospital so I can wear it on my death bed. Thanks a lot factories- you guys suck.:silly:

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
I have been comparing the new ZF to GEN dials.
What I have noticed is that the text of IWC and Schauffhausen on the dial is a dead on match to the IWC 5001 series, but the fonts, text boldness/thickness is not accurate for the the IWC 5007 series.
You will notice that names/titles of the new ZF releases are reps of the IWC5001 and some are reps of the newer IWC5007. BUT the dials IWC and the Schauffhausen text is not correct for the 5007 series as it is a dead on copy of the text on the 5001 series.....

Anyone else notice this....It wouldnt be an issue if they had just named them IWC5001 and not the newer IWC5007.

It wont prevent me from buying one, and the ones I am interested in are correctly named the older 5001 reps...

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Damnit! When the ardoise dial with gold numerals comes out (and you all know it's coming eventually) I'm going to be out another 400 bucks, the wife is going to shoot me, and I'll have to have the watch sent to the hospital so I can wear it on my death bed. Thanks a lot factories- you guys suck.:silly:
Let's share a room at the hospital. With the savings I can get the blue one too.

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
I have been comparing the new ZF to GEN dials.
What I have noticed is that the text of IWC and Schauffhausen on the dial is a dead on match to the IWC 5001 series, but the fonts, text boldness/thickness is not accurate for the the IWC 5007 series.
You will notice that names/titles of the new ZF releases are reps of the IWC5001 and some are reps of the newer IWC5007. BUT the dials IWC and the Schauffhausen text is not correct for the 5007 series as it is a dead on copy of the text on the 5001 series.....

Anyone else notice this....It wouldnt be an issue if they had just named them IWC5001 and not the newer IWC5007.

It wont prevent me from buying one, and the ones I am interested in are correctly named the older 5001 reps...

I m so confused!!

fullhouse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/14
I have to confirm the reference number by going on his site but I always ask him to do them to my measurements, because I usually need my straps an inch or so longer.

It's called Cinnamon croc, should be in his examples online.

Driving now, so I'll check later!

I don't see anything called cinnamon croc on his website.
The closest match would be this, which is called crust walnut colour. I don't know if they can make it to the IWC size because this one is 26/22
014.JPG

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
I m so confused!!
The font and text thickness changed on the 5007 models for the logo IWC and Schaufhausen. However, the new ZF 5007 dials look like the old 5001 models as it does not have the new font and text thickness.
The ZF 5007 models would be accurate if they were named 5001....as they do not have any of the subtle changes to the dial text that IWC made when the model changed from 5001 to 5007.