• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

darkelfx

Known Member
11/9/15
Is this available for purchase yet? If so, which dealers are selling? I've been in the market for an IWC for awhile. This looks perfect!

SOKN

Known Member
15/7/15
Is this available for purchase yet? If so, which dealers are selling? I've been in the market for an IWC for awhile. This looks perfect!

Intime wrote that it will be in stock 20 sept. Perhaps other TDs will have it in stock sooner.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
Thanks for sharing, the stitches are not even so I trust is hand done? There are a few Vietnamese strap makers now with gen crocs at $35usd delivered which I'm sure a few members will try them out as well. [emoji2]

Can you point me where to find them?
Thank you!

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Thanks for sharing, the stitches are not even so I trust is hand done?

If it's perfect handmade the stitches ARE even...

There are a few Vietnamese strap makers now with gen crocs at $35usd delivered which I'm sure a few members will try them out as well. [emoji2]

Sorry guys, I don't have any problems with gator or other exotic skins, I prefer them for my straps. But: the animals used for this skins should have been brewed for this purpose and their brewers should have take the right and enough care for the animals during their lifetime. These "vietnamese strap makers" with the extrem cheap straps NEVER use skins from such brewers! So you support animal abusers in buying this crap! A gator strap is beautiful, but expensive. If you can't spare the money: buy embossed calf.

BTW: take care for your own body and health! I'm sure you would never pull on - not even touch - such a cheap vietnamese strap if you'd know the tanning methods and tanning fluids they are using for this skins...

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

Sorry guys, I don't have any problems with gator or other exotic skins, I prefer them for my straps. But: the animals used for this skins should have been brewed for this purpose and their brewers should have take the right and enough care for the animals during their lifetime. These "vietnamese strap makers" with the extrem cheap straps NEVER use skins from such brewers! So you support animal abusers in buying this crap! A gator strap is beautiful, but expensive. If you can't spare the money: buy embossed calf.

BTW: take care for your own body and health! I'm sure you would never pull on - not even touch - such a cheap vietnamese strap if you'd know the tanning methods and tanning fluids they are using for this skins...
You do raised some good points, assuming the Vietnamese makers does use farms which are not proper to the animals. How does one find out from makers in Europe that it won't be the same? Is there like an organisation you can go and find out etc? I did recently saw a vid about Hermes.

rhc22

26/11/11
You do raised some good points, assuming the Vietnamese makers does use farms which are not proper to the animals. How does one find out from makers in Europe that it won't be the same? Is there like an organisation you can go and find out etc? I did recently saw a vid about Hermes.

I believe exotic skins used as in this case (from official sources IWC e.t.c.) are CITIES certified and should be to be imported into Europe. Don't quote me on this, a Google search should pull the relevant information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
+1000,000

Especially those elephant skins and other extreme exotic straps.. there are no other way than poaching these animals.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
CITES is the keyword for Europe. And gator skins with US origin, which normally don't have a CITES inside US because they don't need this. Nearly all "clean" gator, croco and snake skins are brewed in the US. Some lizard skins in europe and ostrich all over the world. Manta ray I don't know but it is with CITES in europe also.

To receive a CITES document the brewers are strictly controlled and must disclose the complete way from brewing, feeding/growing, keeping and killing the animals.

Elephant, rhino or leopard (yes, I saw genuine leopard for IWC a few days ago) I declare as awful crime and may the buyers of such stuff develop cancer or syphilis as punishment! Sorry.

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
+1000,000

Especially those elephant skins and other extreme exotic straps.. there are no other way than poaching these animals.
Agree with you there. Those are just uneeded and unwarranted

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sijas

Looking Around
12/9/15
Can anyone confirm the size/thickness of this watch?

On toro's website, it says it is 40mm X 12.5mm, another website I looked at was 42mm X 14mm.

cagado12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/12
Hi,

I was just wondering what color Dial and hands would be the most accurate??, Ryan says they havent gotten the Blue Hands color quite sorted out yet from ZF, but the other option the silver Hand and numerals is for the platinum version of this watch, considerably heavier than steel, with this in mind what would experts here recommend??

kim.lee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/15
Where is Ryan? I am sending you my money.

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-1024x1280-1080x864.jpg

Ruvave

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/14
Hi,

I was just wondering what color Dial and hands would be the most accurate??, Ryan says they havent gotten the Blue Hands color quite sorted out yet from ZF, but the other option the silver Hand and numerals is for the platinum version of this watch, considerably heavier than steel, with this in mind what would experts here recommend??

Hopefully they sort that out real soon :unsure: I can't wait for the blue hands version.

cosmicgate

16/9/13
Anyone know if the YLF or ZF gold hands which one is closer to the Gen? I believe the gen is a glossy rosegold if i'm not mistaken. ZF one could be wrong but hard to tell from the pics.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Both hands are polished. The only matter now is which one has better rg color.