• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Anyone know if the YLF or ZF gold hands which one is closer to the Gen? I believe the gen is a glossy rosegold if i'm not mistaken. ZF one could be wrong but hard to tell from the pics.

Hands and numeral markers of this particular gen version are yellow gold, NOT rose gold (see IWC website). The YLF and ZF rep versions are also in yellow gold (see e.g. TrustyTime website for better pics).

cosmicgate

16/9/13
Hopefully someone who has already bought the rep and owns a gen can do a comparison on the gold color. =-)

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Hopefully someone who has already bought the rep and owns a gen can do a comparison on the gold color. =-)

Don't think anyone bought the first version and ZF is not out until the weekend so we might have to wait a while for reviews :-(

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12

Real life pic; yellow gold hands and numerals are quite obvious:

$_85.JPG

Booting

Horology Curious
11/4/15
6 hours before, I got some information from a Chinese dealer, YL Factory had improved the dial and case. The ZF case is 3-parts structure, but YL new version is 2-parts structure, same as gen. Does anyone knows?

cagado12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/12
Would you guys go ahead and preorder this or should we wait until an updated better version comes out?, i personally think this is really good, but want to listen from the experts!

Many thanks on the advice!

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Patience usually pays off and those who jump on a rep on first release often regret it.

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
Guys, rumors that YL is doing a V2 which have some improvements on dials and case to compete with ZF. Now the IWC hype become a war zone. Will sit tight and see which is the best and feel sorry for the first batch adopters.

Gen%20vs%20YLV2_zpszd0ae4ct.jpg

YL-V2_zpsxn5ertio.jpg

YL-V2.back_zpsvkx6capt.jpg

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Would you guys go ahead and preorder this or should we wait until an updated better version comes out?, i personally think this is really good, but want to listen from the experts!

Many thanks on the advice!
I'd wait until everything is out. Competition fuels development. Besides.. I'm waiting for that CAD to get less shit. Guess I'll be buying next year haha

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

peterpl

24/7/11
good!! more competition the better.

This will ensure we get the best

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
See..always wait for v2 or 3..lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Errr not always the best approach. Look at breitling superocean abyss 44mm chrono and non chrono. Only one version released, super rep, not done anymore. Plenty of other examples like that.

sooo..did you buy v1? Lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Veuzu

20/7/14
Guys after all I hope in the end it is time for IWC. Super reps IWC!

[MENTION=45652]iphone[/MENTION] Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

For the love of god will someone just tell me when this is out so I can buy it lol