• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
wow thats a really bad news, probably the dimple isn't holding the stem at all. You have to be very careful with that. Even small pull with sleeve may cause some unexpected loss.

Lol, is dimple a technical term? I think you mean the "Corrector Lever". At some point in the future I'll service it and take a good look at the keyless works. On a visual inspection the button to press the corrector lever to release the stem isn't flush with the top of the barrel bridge, and is recessed by 0.5mm. Perhaps that's how it's supposed to be, I can't be sure. Bit of an unknown really.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
One thing I did briefly notice is that the machined part of the stem that the stud on the corrector lever locks into is very shallow compared with ETA stems. It's highly possible that winding the movt while slightly pulling on the crown is enough to make the correcting lever stud ride up slightly and disengage with the stem allowing it to pull out.

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
The stem pulls out of mine ounce in a while too. But it only happens in time adjustment position. Pulling it to date and the to time adjust requires descent amount of force.

It seems to only happen at certain crown rotation angle. I am planning to open and see if I can fix eventually. Will keep you guys posted.

By the way, the push to release button for the stem is really shallow on mine too. Can anyone take picture of theirs to compare?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
This is amazing thread! I just checked 9 NEW pages and I try to visit here almost every day. Good discussion guys and great pics too! Some look like they are posting pics of genuine watches and try to convince they are reps. Well that is a one way to do it :)

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Just to add some eye candy, this really is a gen, picture taken the day before yesterday at an AD. Can you spot any differences?

iwc7d.jpg

Chel

19/8/14
Just to add some eye candy, this really is a gen, picture taken the day before yesterday at an AD. Can you spot any differences?

iwc7d.jpg

I would reject it. Numerals are dirty, date is misaligned and there is a lack of red paint on PR subdial ;))

OL_HB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/09
I gave up.
After more than 50 reps over the years, most of them from the same dealer.
I haven't got even one proper qc of blue markers after 5 qc sets.

I remember forgive the qc with the bpff crooked dial. I didn't wear the watch since the 9 marker looked at me all day long....

Maybe other versions are better made?

Cibbe

12/9/12
Guys, I got my straps from VNHandcraft today. Well, 2 of them, I placed an order for 3 but 2 days apart.
I really cannot complain about the shipping time. Order placed on the 9th and they arrived today.

Lookig and feeling the straps makes me think they are quite good quality.
I have absolutely No experience of any Orloff strap or any other high end manufacturer. But for the money I don't tink they ger any better.
Soft and smooth. Do not smell funny and they seem to hold up quite good.

Have a look and let me know what you think. There is a darker brow on its way as well.

straps.jpg

sbr1.jpg

sbr2.jpg

sbr3.jpg

sbr4.jpg

sbr5.jpg

sbl1.jpg

sbl2.jpg

sbl3.jpg

sbl4.jpg

sbl6.jpg

bingodalian

8/8/15
Having been reading through over 200 pages, I am a bit curious , how long would this thread go?
BTW, let's stretch it more: How does the rotor spin on your watch? mine is a bit stiff though ( ZF white dial with gold number)

tkhiem

Known Member
25/2/14
Having been reading through over 200 pages, I am a bit curious , how long would this thread go?
BTW, let's stretch it more: How does the rotor spin on your watch? mine is a bit stiff though ( ZF white dial with gold number)

Rotor spins freely on mine. Doesnt look stiff at all. I had that problem for my sub though. Turn out the rotor was touching the caseback, so it rubbed with the caseback whenever it rotates. Solution was to untighten the caseback a bit, which then resulted in poor water resistance.

T222

23/12/11
The Rotor can look like it is spinning a little stiffer, than on a 7750, - but that is only becource i winds the movement in both directions. Nice! :)

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
The Rotor can look like it is spinning a little stiffer, than on a 7750, - but that is only becource i winds the movement in both directions. Nice! :)

And the more the mainspring is wound up (so the more PR showing) the less the rotor will spin. If the mainspring is wound down then the rotor spins more freely. This is the same as any of the 28** movements.

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
Certainly much better than the rep strap. Not sure about the black hornback on the IWC though. How do they fit? Didn't you order 21mm?

Guys, I got my straps from VNHandcraft today. Well, 2 of them, I placed an order for 3 but 2 days apart.
I really cannot complain about the shipping time. Order placed on the 9th and they arrived today.

I have absolutely No experience of any Orloff strap or any other high end manufacturer. But for the money I don't tink they ger any better.

Have a look and let me know what you think. There is a darker brow on its way as well.

sbr3.jpg

Cibbe

12/9/12
Certainly much better than the rep strap. Not sure about the black hornback on the IWC though. How do they fit? Didn't you order 21mm?

sbr3.jpg
I have not tried them on yet since the watches have not arrived.
As soon as they have arrived I will post pictures.

sent from.... none of your business ;)