• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

kiwijunglist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/15
kiwijunglist said:
I was just looking at this colour combination today, looks beautiful I'm thinking of buying one too as my first rep. Is this a fairly reliable / serviceable movement compared to other replica watches of similar cost?
Its a new movement so nobody can really answer that question

From reading the thread and posts it now sounds like it might have reliability issues. In New Zealand it's difficult to find watch smiths to fix / service watches so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere, which is a shame because the 7 days is such a beautiful dress watch.

EDIT: DiLEMA the pics in the above post look so beautiful!!! Is there another IWC or similar looking dress watch with a proven to be reliable movement

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
The reliability issues appear to be mostly down to the assembly of the watch rather than the actual movement itself. Either way if you can't get it serviced I wouldn't recommend this, I wouldn't recommend a yuki or a 7750 either in all honesty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
My VN strap came in. Quote happy with the quality of the strap, but honestly would prefer a tang buckle over a deployant which would require different strap lengths.

1490a34e8a34817e5ae471e4cd8c23d6.jpg

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Very nice strap @Azel21, I know the feeling and the softness with putting on the Orloff strap compared the the rep one!

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
I read through a lot of this thread, I have to ask is anyone still ordering these? Is the general consensus that the movements are not great on these?
Are there other models of the portugese that are a better idea to get?

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I read through a lot of this thread, I have to ask is anyone still ordering these? Is the general consensus that the movements are not great on these?
Are there other models of the portugese that are a better idea to get?

I disagree it's the general consensus. What we know is that a handful of folks have had theirs stop for no apparent reason. My crown came out when setting the time as did one other member, but mine has been running continuously for two weeks now without any other issues. The biggest unknown is what the movement actually is.

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
I hear people getting their watches repaired and opened up, as a first time rep buyer is this a recommended choice? As I dont know how to open up the watch and dont know anyone who can do repairs :unsure:

btan

Renowned Member
11/10/09
[MENTION=112790]cometome[/MENTION] I would say stay away as a first time rep buyer. Stick to A7750s, 21J, 2936 or 6497 movements. These are proven to be reliable over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
I'm still waiting, I want to make sure it's not a time bomb, I don't want to spend 400USD for paper weight with IWC logo on it.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
I hear people getting their watches repaired and opened up, as a first time rep buyer is this a recommended choice? As I dont know how to open up the watch and dont know anyone who can do repairs :unsure:
Hundreds sold a few with issues. So far I don't see the defect rate higher than any other rep.

Both of mine are fantastic on a timograph. No beat error, high amplitude and good timekeeping.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Hundreds sold a few with issues. So far I don't see the defect rate higher than any other rep.

Both of mine are fantastic on a timograph. No beat error, high amplitude and good timekeeping.

Timegrapher results are not indicative of a reliable movement (particularly when measured in one position). Beat error and timekeeping are simple matters of adjustment. Amplitude simply means the hairspring is good and the power is being transmitted through the going train so that the balance wheel is swinging properly. Simple timegraphers are not proper diagnostic machines.

That said its true that the numbers of actual failure is very small relative to numbers sold.

peterpl

24/7/11
I think you mean 7750 non chrono...

Why? A7750 chronos work perfectly and are workhorses as long as you dont use the chrono like a maniac. I've had well over 20 of these and all work perfect if the seconds are the 9 subdial. Its been discussed to death.