• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Pam XF 616 look promising

skidder715

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/11
am i right in thinking that the vsf v2 is the latest version of this with the 3 tone case and the panerai clone movement as advertised on puretime but also advertised as the xf on perfect clones. sorry i'm a little confused on this one.

Cheers
Ben

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
This should look great with it :)

2017-New-Camouflage-Mens-Sportswear-Male-Casual-Sweatshirt-Man-Military-Suit-Men-Leisure-Hoodie-Tracksuit-EDA319_470x.jpg

D

d4m.test

Anyone know what is the strap measurement for pam616?

Please assist. Thanks.

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
26 at lugs to - the ususal suspects 26/26, 26/24, 26/22

S.Martin

Known Member
17/12/11
USA
am i right in thinking that the vsf v2 is the latest version of this with the 3 tone case and the panerai clone movement as advertised on puretime but also advertised as the xf on perfect clones. sorry i'm a little confused on this one.

Cheers
Ben

Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

d4m.test

A guy I know send me this photo with his new PAM 616. He says it is Gen. Can you judge by the photo if it is Gen or Rep, and if Rep what version it is? The truth is I hope it is a Rep, so that I can get one asap :)View attachment 100779

D

d4m.test

Odd first post.
Sorry, if it sounds odd. Pretty much I have found anything I need in the RWI so far by only reading. But as this is the watch I want and still can't understand the difference in the layers between VSF and gen I decided to ask you guys to help me out.

bibgbm

Horology Curious
6/3/17
Hey guys I just got mine but guess what...I did changed the band left the 26mm tubes [emoji46] attached. What can I do to actually take the band off without ruining the pins/tubes or the band?
Please help!!
Ughh

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hey guys I just got mine but guess what...I did changed the band left the 26mm tubes [emoji46] attached. What can I do to actually take the band off without ruining the pins/tubes or the band?
Please help!!
Ughh

Pictures would clarify your situation. Tubes are inside the band/straps. So you want to take the tubes out of the band/strap?

bibgbm

Horology Curious
6/3/17
I want to take the strap off the watch but the tubes won’t let me reach and take the band out. Pam616 has spring pins which with the 26mm tubes won’t allow you room to remove.

bibgbm

Horology Curious
6/3/17
Pic might be irrelevant mysterio, but here it is... thank you!!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I want to take the strap off the watch but the tubes won’t let me reach and take the band out. Pam616 has spring pins which with the 26mm tubes won’t allow you room to remove.

Okay, I think I know what your problem is. You're trying to remove the springbar using a springbar tool inserted in between the strap and the inner part of the lugs but you can't because of the strap tube. Well actually you don't remove the strap that way for the PAM616. There is a small hole at either side of the lugs like in this picture.

pam2017091903-13.jpg

So what you do is use a thin piece of metal (either a corkboard pin or a straightened out paperclip, both of which I've used before) to insert in that hole and depress the tip of the springbar. Just push it straight in and you'll feel a click, which means the springbar is disengaged and you can carefully remove it (watch for it as the springbar is spring loaded and may suddenly shoot out). Then you can change the strap. ;)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
If I may, the above isn't accurate. The drilled lug is an illusion - its not drilled all the way through.

you can't use a spring bar tool to push in the spring bar through the lug from the outside.
don't try and force it - there is no hole and you could damage the watch.

what you need to do is move the spring bar end by the strap - as though it were on a watch without drilled lugs - like a submariner.

I can show you what I mean with pics...

View attachment 106681