• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Also for anyone wanting to know how the colours and overall appearance matches the gen....here’s a quick snap of my v4 with a similar angle and lighting to one of my favourite shots of the gen.

58b85f57c45559ff18f1df331a55ee4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamK

Horology Curious
3/4/21
A bezel removal tool is probably best bet. Movement and crystal being removed just to get to inside edge of the insert doesn’t make sense!

It will press fit on and off using a click spring so no need to dismantle the watch.

Check you tube for videos of the old style Seamaster, I expect this is the same mechanism. (I will stand to be corrected though!)

8bb6c3fccc28c5a0ccadb741c18facb0.jpg

Removed the bezel, it was actually very easy to remove without damaging anything, using a caseback tool with plastic over the top so no metal was in contact with the watch. Once the bezel was removed I eased the insert away from the adhesive holding it in place, cleaned up the remains of the old adhesive, then reinstalled the bezel. I then used a small amount of gs hypo cement on the insert and positioned it correctly in the bezel. I prefer hypo cement as you can still adjust the positioning after you’ve fitted the bezel insert, unlike with adhesive tape.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Titanium mesh? Not yet or ever by the looks of it.

But this cwc military vintage grey nato (modified to a single pass nato) serves the colour and overall style really well.
435b6d6a33fda3bec80c1d928695cd67.jpg

Klarmeister

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/19
Just got my watch back from service from Domi, which did a nice job servicing the movement (its much quieter now) and aligning the bezel inlay with the bezel. Put it on a very cheap aliexpress army green strap (I am pretty sure its the factory Barton sources its straps, as it looks completely identical) and i must say it looks quite nice now.

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
Just got my watch back from service from Domi, which did a nice job servicing the movement (its much quieter now) and aligning the bezel inlay with the bezel. Put it on a very cheap aliexpress army green strap (I am pretty sure its the factory Barton sources its straps, as it looks completely identical) and i must say it looks quite nice now.

You must tell us of this aliexpress store so that we may also indulge in this information

Sent from the RWI App

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
Quick question, what's the actual difference between the rep crystal and the gen? I'm thinking of replacing the crystal.

Goldenboy74

Known Member
21/4/21
Hello guys, can you tell me where I can place a search ad? I would like to buy a VSF V4 without waiting for the reopening of the factory's

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Hello guys, can you tell me where I can place a search ad? I would like to buy a VSF V4 without waiting for the reopening of the factory's

Try a wtb in the sales area under ‘wanted’