• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob LMLE PO 42mm

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
how about the aqua terra

I reckon $350+ for Swiss, probably close to $400.

I predict the same for the Hyped 8500 aqua terra list going on, if its really the best maybe it will deserve the $300 price tag. Oh man nowadays reps are too sky high priced! I hope the quality is sky high too!

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Can't believe the quality of this rep , I should sell my gen and get this, amazing

If you do you should wait until you receive the rep. version and compare the two ;). That way we will be able too tell what the huge flaws are (if any :thumbsup:).

I'm sure I speak for all the members when I say that it would be highly appreciated.

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
If you do you should wait until you receive the rep. version and compare the two ;). That way we will be able too tell what the huge flaws are (if any :thumbsup:).

I'm sure I speak for all the members when I say that it would be highly appreciated.
Yes please. Grab the rep and do a comparison before you decide to offload it.

Clicked

Getting To Know The Place
12/6/13
Looks like a slightly raised date font too. This is at the top of my shortlist now. :D

OMG2013071001-04_enl.jpg

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
It's getting unfairly grilled on RG for having an incorrect case back, but I don't care. I'll be ordering one as long as the price isn't silly ;-)

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
It's getting unfairly grilled on RG for having an incorrect case back, but I don't care. I'll be ordering one as long as the price isn't silly ;-)

You will always have people that think a 400 dollar watch should look like a 7k gen. Some people just have crazy expectations. People need to realize that these are REPLICA watches. If they think that a Chinese company can take cheaper product's and make a watch look just like the gen. counterpart, then they have another thing coming.

Sorry for the rant, it just makes me mad when people nit pick something like that. I mean next they will say that the serial numbers are all the same and they need to start being randomized. Where will it stop. :facepalm:

Boosted

Known Member
21/5/13
Looks like this will be my first Omega. The caseback does look pretty off, but hey, at least it's biggest flaw is not visible when on the wrist.

Capt. Obvious

Respected Member
5/5/13
I'm afraid I kind of agree with the slaughtering of the case back.
This is not a case of them not being able to replicate the case back (because they have already done that, I believe), but simply of using the wrong one!!

Things like that annoy me a little... If it CAN be done right, then why not do it right? Is there a reason I am missing?

It's a bit like the hour hands on the noob sub c... It's such an easy thing, and yet they do a FANTASTIC version, such high quality, even replicate the movement, and yet leave out an easy detail like that! WHY???

Why not just make a super rep?

In a hurry to sell maybe?? Or have a bunch of parts that have to be used? The reason eludes me.

After all, we are ALL trying to get the best possible rep and some of us spend thousands fine tuning the details and modding and obsessing over little thing.., well that wrong case back is a dead giveaway IMO and for some it could very well be a deal breaker!

Having said that... I'll probably still buy one... :p

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
This is not a case of them not being able to replicate the case back (because they have already done that, I believe), but simply of using the wrong one!!

Things like that annoy me a little... If it CAN be done right, then why not do it right? Is there a reason I am missing?

It's a bit like the hour hands on the noob sub c... It's such an easy thing, and yet they do a FANTASTIC version, such high quality, even replicate the movement, and yet leave out an easy detail like that! WHY???

In a hurry to sell maybe?? Or have a bunch of parts that have to be used? The reason eludes me.

After all, we are ALL trying to get the best possible rep and some of us spend thousands fine tuning the details and modding and obsessing over little thing.., well that wrong case back is a dead giveaway IMO and for some it could very well be a deal breaker!

I got to agree. The makers don't like to let go of the old parts bin. They probably had sourced casebacks from a supplier for 42PO/BP and changed the engravings. The cost to do right might also limit their ability to price this watch to sell the watch. It's not easy to do a 3D engraving and certainly not cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12

Well that's part of the game, there will be flaws somehow.

Of course it'll be good if everything was perfect, but a slightly off caseback isn't gonna put many off. After all who will notice the caseback when it's on your wrist?

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California
Angus just put a video up. Looks great, and the caseback actually looks pretty good, different than in the photos. Not perfect, but closer than it looked at first.

hado67

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/11
So what do you guys think, what will be the difference in cost between asian and "swiss"? 50$??
:popcorn:

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Quite often it's over $100 for an upgrade. In some cases as much as $150. Really not worth it. You're better just buying the clone version and upgrading later if you need to.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
If they release only swiss versions again prepare to throw some serious cash...

My bet will be something around 330-380$ all included.

Anyway, i think this time they made a decent try with this one.