• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona 116520 4130 clone build thread.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Despite the ARF fun boys claims it's already raining Daytonas in the sales sections across all the foras. Wondering why? :rimshot:

Who are you calling ARF fan boys? Anyone who has their head on their shoulders and enjoys reps should be a Noob 4130 fanboy because it has the potential to push reps a step closer to perfection. Rep factories might now see that it can be worth it to rep other movements like the AP 3126 etc... The problem is noob rushed the release and kind of screwed up everything else (aside from pushers and obv movement).

Basically they could have done a much better job (movement aside of course) and that’s the real disappointment, not only because we ll most likely have to wait for v5 or v6 before we get a great rep out of the box but because sales might not be as good as expected and it could discourage rep factories from taking such innovating projects!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Who are you calling ARF fan boys? Anyone who has their head on their shoulders and enjoys reps should be a Noob 4130 fanboy because it has the potential to push reps a step closer to perfection. Rep factories might now see that it can be worth it to rep other movements like the AP 3126 etc... The problem is noob rushed the release and kind of screwed up everything else (aside from pushers and obv movement).

Basically they could have done a much better job (movement aside of course) and that’s the real disappointment, not only because we ll most likely have to wait for v5 or v6 before we get a great rep out of the box but because sales might not be as good as expected and it could discourage rep factories from taking such innovating projects!

And how this affect the Noob marketing strategy? Mainland sells them like hot breakfast buns, just ask any TD. BTW, don't take it personally but even if you think opinions like yours or mine are important - you wrong, Noob doesn't give a flying F what we think.
On the other hand, you'll change your opinion within two weeks time. I guarantee it. But I won't say anything yet, I do not want to ARF funboys foam up again. :matty:

Reactions: jakekrait

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
And how this affect the Noob marketing strategy? Mainland sells them like hot breakfast buns, just ask any TD. BTW, don't take it personally but even if you think opinions like yours or mine are important - you wrong, Noob doesn't give a flying F what we think.
On the other hand, you'll change your opinion within two weeks time. I guarantee it. But I won't say anything yet, I do not want to ARF funboys foam up again. :matty:

I do not take anything personally on forums, everyone is entitled to their opinions. From a business point of view the v1,v2,v3 is the oldest and smartest trick in the book. I was just saying that from a consumer’s point of view, it’s understandable that some of us expected more, and that maybe was due to ARF raising the standards right before this long awaited noob release. That said I placed an order for a noob Daytona and I am super happy to get a fully working 4130, just wish I didn’t have to mod it that much to get a good rep.

Reactions: electric

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
I do not take anything personally on forums, everyone is entitled to their opinions. From a business point of view the v1,v2,v3 is the oldest and smartest trick in the book. I was just saying that from a consumer’s point of view, it’s understandable that some of us expected more, and that maybe was due to ARF raising the standards right before this long awaited noob release. That said I placed an order for a noob Daytona and I am super happy to get a fully working 4130, just wish I didn’t have to mod it that much to get a good rep.

Between me and you, ARF just made decent looking watch with shitty movement using the same strategy you are accusing Noob of doing. They just convinced bunch of people that their product is the best (looking Daytona at the moment) that's all. That's why I love watches like my women - different one comes out next week. :bounce:

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Starman367

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/18
I will attempt to reset it. The 4130 rep movement is worth the price of admission alone. If it accepts the GEN dial this is a game changer that will put ROLEX themselves on notice.

The 21J is now the expensive Nembo (always was) and the ARF is lipstick on a 7750.

The OP has the right idea . This very well could be the ultimate base for great Franken builds.

2picky

Certified
22/10/16
IMHO the bezels from noob are little bit off.. no matter steel or ceramic bezel. Arf did a great job on the bezel. OP what do you think?

Reactions: lcsrep11

packerjames95

Known Member
6/8/17
I’ll be surprised if it’s anywhere near that. 40 + hours now and still going strong. I’m happy with that.

Hi Bill, is there any update on the power reserve? Was wondering if it managed to make it anywhere near 72?

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
IMHO the bezels from noob are little bit off.. no matter steel or ceramic bezel. Arf did a great job on the bezel. OP what do you think?

The bezel on the 116520 is slightly off. The fonts are too thin. Some also don’t line up at 12 & 6. ARF also has this problem on the ceramics. Most of them that I see are off at 6 o’clock.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Or they made it with flaws intentionally to keep people buying whenever they release a new version. Which way do you think would maximize their profits? Get it 100% the first time or slowly release 7 version in 3 years?
The same old trick in rep game.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
The bezel on the 116520 is slightly off. The fonts are too thin. Some also don’t line up at 12 & 6. ARF also has this problem on the ceramics. Most of them that I see are off at 6 o’clock.

Correct. The noob font is wrong as is the depth of the engravings. Obviously I haven't held the new noob one in hand but I am assuming it is just the same insert and dial template they used on the 7750 and 21j because it looks identical, if so then the sheen/shade is also off. ARF is miles better in this respect but as you say, the alignment isn't quite perfect on the ARF, certainly not on many of the samples I've seen, so some room for improvement on both, substantially so on the noob.

Reactions: bill33

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Or they made it with flaws intentionally to keep people buying whenever they release a new version. Which way do you think would maximize their profits? Get it 100% the first time or slowly release 7 version in 3 years?
The same old trick in rep game.

You clearly didn’t read my other posts in this thread where I say exactly that. Anyways, most people that ordered it, including myself, are more interested in the movement itself rather than the rest of the watch.

Reactions: brane and electric

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Can we please get back on the topic about the build and not about the rep factory's marketing strategy? This is what reps are and only R factory is flawless.

Topics on how to improve the rep would be helpful. Thanks guys.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I’ve worn it for 2 days or so since I bought it and not had to wind it. I took it off Friday evening and it was still ticking Monday morning so 60 odd hours and it still had more in it. Power reserve is superb.

Thats mental. Looks like we might have a powerfull clone movement :)

Kwigyboo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
USA
I’ve worn it for 2 days or so since I bought it and not had to wind it. I took it off Friday evening and it was still ticking Monday morning so 60 odd hours and it still had more in it. Power reserve is superb.

Wow, that just just convinced me to take the plunge on this one.