• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona 116520 4130 clone build thread.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
This thread is the final verdict and answer to the popular question: "Should I buy the celebrated ARF Daytona or the new Noob Daytona with the 4130 clone?"

ANSWER:

If you want the most accurate and best Daytona by far externally, and if you do not care about all subdials working, buy the ARF Daytona for less than 500 USD and enjoy it immediately out of the box.

If you care a lot about the new 4130 clone movement and that all the subdials are working, buy the new Noob Daytona for around 600 USD. But be prepared to fiddle around for weeks and months in order to mod and franken that inaccurate rep for achieving the same ARF Daytona out of the box quality and look. And that might easily add another 1.000 - 2.000 USD or more.

You choice.

Damn, where that face palm button go?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I don't agree with your statement as it's way too general. It depends on which Daytona reference we're talking about. According to the OP the NOOB 116500 (not this 116520) would be way closer to gen, as it would have correct text spacing, correct rehaut engravings, correct dial and correct case, and the working chrono which ARF does not have. So NOOB 116500 >> ARF 116500 but ARF 116520 >> NOOB 116520

Have you seen the insert on the noob 116500? Font is wrong, engravings are way too shallow. Then the dial, sorry but it's crap. The ARF is miles better. Once noob makes this watch properly instead of using up junk parts and throwing a random bracelet on a case leaving credit card thickness sel gaps then maybe they will have a chance. Their rehaut is better than ARF, crown guards and pushers are good and the movement is a fantastic innovation...but they have a long way to go to get near the quality of ARF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
MU3XOgH.gif

Reactions: capice

michel7752

18/4/14
Switzerland
Despite the ARF fun boys claims it's already raining Daytonas in the sales sections across all the foras. Wondering why? :rimshot:

Hmmm..., I do not see a lot of ARF Daytonas in the the sales foras. But let's assume many members are really switching their Daytonas - where then are the buy orders for the new NOOB Daytonas???
I can hardly see statements like "I must have this new Noob Daytona" or "I just pulled the trigger" or "I just received my new Noob Daytona". It seems that nobody is buying this watch.
And the only two or so isolated members who got this new Noob Daytona have already modded their watch or are busy hunting components from all over the world in order to render their watch more gen like.

This is quite a meagre outcome for the first watch with the long awaited revolutionary new 4130 clone movement, which was supposed to be an epochal game changer and evoke a paradigm shift in the rep industry. Clearly, something went completely wrong. And it is not the movement. So guess what else.

Last edited:
Reactions: mathia_e

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Nice watch but I am hoping for a solid movement over anything. Good luck on your build.

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Hmmm..., I do not see a lot of ARF Daytonas in the the sales foras. But let's assume many members are really switching their Daytonas - where then are the buy orders for the new NOOB Daytonas???
I can hardly see statements like "I must have this new Noob Daytona" or "I just pulled the trigger" or "I just received my new Noob Daytona". It seems that nobody is buying this watch.
And the only two or so isolated members who got this new Noob Daytona have already modded their watch or are busy hunting components from all over the world in order to render their watch more gen like.

This is quite a meagre outcome for the first watch with the long awaited revolutionary new 4130 clone movement, which was supposed to be an epochal game changer and evoke a paradigm shift in the rep industry. Clearly, something went completely wrong. And it is not the movement. So guess what else.

Avarice, that's what happened.

Reactions: The Rod

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Exactly, plus i'm pretty confident it can be mounted on an arf case with some reasonable effort.

Sent from the RWI App

the arf's crown/stem/tube height appears to be at a higher position than gen so there may be some installation difficulties and/or semi-intrusive modification may be required.

But I would still love to see that happen!

Reactions: domsdaddy123

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
the arf's crown/stem/tube height appears to be at a higher position than gen so there may be some installation difficulties and/or semi-intrusive modification may be required.

Indeed but probably arf is going to release an 4130 version pretry soon as well.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: ginopino

Akonhell

10/9/17
I'll wait for another 6 months for arf to make their move as it would take me the same amount of time to sort out the real parts anyway. Thickness is one of my concern. I held the real Daytona in my hands before, it feel very different with 1.2 cm thickness

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
I'll wait for another 6 months for arf to make their move as it would take me the same amount of time to sort out the real parts anyway. Thickness is one of my concern.
6 months wait for what? ARF with 4130?

giphy.gif

Akonhell

10/9/17
Yeah true dat, 6 months and arf will release the 4130, or 2 years from now and rep will all be in the $1000 mark, that's my predictions.

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
bill33 absolutely fantastic post and breakdown on this much anticipated piece. Your post here should be stickied. "Thanks" is not enough..Massive rep points given brother, thank you...

Reactions: bill33

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

I read someone over at RWG already did this. There is a link somewhere that explains how it was done. I'm not sure if he used a gen movement or the noob clone.