• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New JLC MUT Moon ZF

WBav

Horology Curious
14/4/22
I believe there were a few changes to the ultra thin moon after 2018. The 12 hour marker changed a bit and the stars in the sky r different now.

The reps r based off the old model with the old 12 hour marker and old stars.
Really appreciate the response, that made it clear to me! Thanks mate

Reactions: El3

El3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/23
USA
Really appreciate the response, that made it clear to me! Thanks mate
No problem! I had to do a bit of research to figure out y the reps looked so different than the current model.

Btw, if ur interested, APSF factory just released a new ultra thin moon that’s updated to the current gen. It’s not at the TD’s websites yet, but they may be able to access them if u message them.

Reactions: WBav

WBav

Horology Curious
14/4/22
Yep, just saw that in the post before, someone made a video comparing it to the ZF. It looks good, but dont know if I am brave enough to be the first one that pulls the trigger...

El3

22/6/23
USA
Yep, just saw that in the post before, someone made a video comparing it to the ZF. It looks good, but dont know if I am brave enough to be the first one that pulls the trigger...
I’m pulling the trigger soon 😄 the JLC has always been high on my list, but the I think the first versions always have some problems lol

Reactions: WBav

Troklo

23/12/15
According to the video posted in the previous page the movement is really bad so I would stay away from these for the time being.

Reactions: El3 and WBav

El3

22/6/23
USA
According to the video posted in the previous page the movement is really bad so I would stay away from these for the time being.
I just placed my order yesterday.. is the dandong 925 that bad? It seems like they used it for the GF and ZF as well

Troklo

23/12/15
I just placed my order yesterday.. is the dandong 925 that bad? It seems like they used it for the GF and ZF as well

Look at the video yourself unless the translation is wrong the guy making the review clearly states that the D925 movement and rubbish and that the repair rate is too high. That said I personally don't have any expereince with this movement, hope you got a good one!

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
From experience, the GF movement wasn't too reliable.
Good to see some factories have made an attempt on the new design. Hope we get some more stable movements coming as it's a beautiful design

Reactions: Gab miyamoto

El3

22/6/23
USA
Look at the video yourself unless the translation is wrong the guy making the review clearly states that the D925 movement and rubbish and that the repair rate is too high. That said I personally don't have any expereince with this movement, hope you got a good one!
I watched the video and I’m glad I did, now I know to look closely at the QC pics for things such as bent hands, dust, and rough moon pieces.

El3

22/6/23
USA
From experience, the GF movement wasn't too reliable.
Good to see some factories have made an attempt on the new design. Hope we get some more stable movements coming as it's a beautiful design

Did the GF also use the dandong 925 movement? I think the video said it did.

How was ur experience with it? Did it stop working and u had to get it repaired?

El3

22/6/23
USA
Brozzz I got my QC pics today

Everything looks pretty good, I know the minute and hour hands look like they r darker than gen, but it’s just the lighting. In the video, they r silver.

Now, I just have to ask them to send another pic of the hands to make sure they aren’t bent 😄

WBav

Horology Curious
14/4/22
Looks good from here! Any other photo of the moonphase? would be nice to see the stars, if you dont mind sharing

El3

22/6/23
USA
Unfortunately all the pics aren’t reflecting the light off the stars and moon, so they all look dark.

I grabbed a screenshot off the vid that reflects the stars a bit, definitely looks a lot nicer than the previous gen

My only QC concern is the calendar between 31 and 1

Looks slightly weird, but I dunno if it’s enough to RL it.. This is what a gen looks like.. thoughts?

Troklo

23/12/15
Looks like the gen to me, if you are really worried ask them to send you a pic of the calendar hand at those two dates

El3

22/6/23
USA
Looks like the gen to me, if you are really worried ask them to send you a pic of the calendar hand at those two dates
Thanks for ur input! Yea actually the more I look at it, it doesn’t seem that bad. Or maybe I’m just used to it now lol, I GL’ed it so hopefully we can see it in person on my wrist in 2 weeks hopefully??!

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Did the GF also use the dandong 925 movement? I think the video said it did.

How was ur experience with it? Did it stop working and u had to get it repaired?

It's still working, I've never had it serviced but it's just unreliable. Amplitude is visibly very low.
It often just stops even on full wind and I'd have to give it a shake.

El3

22/6/23
USA
It's still working, I've never had it serviced but it's just unreliable. Amplitude is visibly very low.
It often just stops even on full wind and I'd have to give it a shake.
.. that doesn’t sound very promising..

sasquatch951

Supporter
Certified
28/11/18
I received my QC on the apsf but the logo is slightly crooked so I’m still debating if I should approve. I hope ZF releases the rose gold edition of this newer version because I’m not familiar with apsf and I really prefer the longer indices

nardius

Horology Curious
16/5/22
London
Is it just me or does that moonphase look a bit off? Looks like slightly thinner numbers and washed-out moon/stars compared to gen