• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New JLC MUT Moon ZF

reppotato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/22
This one looks like ZF is finally doing the new version of MUT moon. The moon still looks kinda flat to me. On the movement its engraving instead of prints. What do you guys think?

CeterisParibus

Supporter
13/5/22
UE
I already have a ZF V1 and I always get compliments about IRL.

May be something is better, and that’s great.

But one thing I regret is that clone movement. Hard to service because it works only in one direction, i had bad time disassembling the rotor.

A Miyota would have been way better. Normal people can’t tell between a clone or decorated Miyota.

Reactions: Pipicu and emitper

reppotato

5/10/22
I already have a ZF V1 and I always get compliments about IRL.

May be something is better, and that’s great.

But one thing I regret is that clone movement. Hard to service because it works only in one direction, i had bad time disassembling the rotor.

A Miyota would have been way better. Normal people can’t tell between a clone or decorated Miyota.
Yes ZF is also pretty good. I had a GFV4 with a Miyota 9015 white dial. I loved everything about it but it is SO LOUD. And its different from the 925 movement. I think 925 uses ceramic bearing and its close to gen but 9015 sounds very cheap.

CeterisParibus

Supporter
13/5/22
UE
Yes but the Miyota is reliable. This 925 clone is a cheap copy, and has some weak pieces that can break easily…

Never put it on an automatic winder because it will wind it in all the directions, and this movement (like the gen) only winds in a single direction. But the gen has great quality build.

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Seems like they used the old date fonts and moon. I believe the new JLC gen revised model especially the blue, uses the newly date font and moon disc. Although ZF did get the long 12 marker correct at least ..

drillerz

Horology Curious
25/3/22
Old moon and date is a no go for me. Basically this is a fantasy watch now? Doesn't resemble any gen

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Is it still possible to get the old dial version or is that gone? Does anyone know?

nardius

Horology Curious
16/5/22
London
Finally, the long 12! It's almost enough to forgive the lack of stars on the moonphase.

WBav

Horology Curious
14/4/22
Not sure I understand the comments above. Wasnt the ZF MUT supposed to be NWBIG?

Looking at gen pics and this one the first thing I notice is the amount of stars, way off. Or maybe we are not seeing the full dial and cant evaluate correctly?

nardius

Horology Curious
16/5/22
London
Not sure I understand the comments above. Wasnt the ZF MUT supposed to be NWBIG?

Looking at gen pics and this one the first thing I notice is the amount of stars, way off. Or maybe we are not seeing the full dial and cant evaluate correctly?
That's the old moonphase design before they changed it along with the hour markers

Reactions: WBav

JCBiver888

Horology Curious
6/7/22
Yes ZF is also pretty good. I had a GFV4 with a Miyota 9015 white dial. I loved everything about it but it is SO LOUD. And its different from the 925 movement. I think 925 uses ceramic bearing and its close to gen but 9015 sounds very cheap.
Hi,
I own the gen version of the JLC MUT, and the rotor is already pretty loud, so it not be too big of a deal.

WBav

Horology Curious
14/4/22
That's the old moonphase design before they changed it along with the hour markers
Right, I guess I get it now. So the discussion between BF and ZF different versions and which one is closer to gen, refers actually to the previous model of the gen?

From reading a couple of threads on this it seems there is no consensus, but most people tend to see the ZF v4 as the better rep

nardius

Horology Curious
16/5/22
London
Right, I guess I get it now. So the discussion between BF and ZF different versions and which one is closer to gen, refers actually to the previous model of the gen?

From reading a couple of threads on this it seems there is no consensus, but most people tend to see the ZF v4 as the better rep
You thinking of the GF v4? I have it and would say it's extremely close to gen.

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
Yes but the Miyota is reliable. This 925 clone is a cheap copy, and has some weak pieces that can break easily…

Never put it on an automatic winder because it will wind it in all the directions, and this movement (like the gen) only winds in a single direction. But the gen has great quality build.
winders can be set to rotate in one direction only, no?

El3

22/6/23
USA

I believe there were a few changes to the ultra thin moon after 2018. The 12 hour marker changed a bit and the stars in the sky r different now.

The reps r based off the old model with the old 12 hour marker and old stars.