• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New factory release Deep sea lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

d4m.test

I am just tired of certain things that dealers do.....

But as someone who has been in the rep world for sometime now, I am to the point where I DO demand some measure of perfection. Every dealer is selling the same rehashed crap from the same factory, this one being no different.

And as someone who has been here on this site since the beginning, and having a reputation as a good guy, I feel that I am allowed to express myself and vent once in awhile without editing...software be damned.

And this ain't even close to my two cents worth...

More later.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
BoD, just out of interest, what happened to your original RWI acct? Is this a new one you're using now?

cheers,
babola

*edit*
Cool, got it, thanks! :wink:

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
Acuracy in the watches description is a must. It is the most important thing on a watch forum where dealers and members are selling watches 8)

Like the "pre-2000" Daytona listing by this very same dealer: viewtopic.php?f=196&t=45044

It is not a pre-2000 Daytona at all, but a post 2000 Daytona, which should only ever have the seconds running at 6. The seconds running at 9 is totally wrong for this model, as this version was released by Rolex well after the year 2000.....

This is what a pre-2000 Daytona looks like, note the seconds running at 9:
rolexssdaytonazenithew1.jpg

If a dealer is going to give information about a watch, it should be accurate, if it is not, or the dealer is unsure, then simply don't add it to the sales listing. It only creates confusion and misleads potential buyers when the wrong info is added...

Cheers! :D

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
@bigdaddy- everyone is allowed to, and encouraged to express themselves here on the forum. All we ask is that its kept civil and family/work safe :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I will say this: T4D, Robert, aka PrestigeWatchco is:
1: From a wholesale area of this business. There is embellishment yes but there is also a willingness to get better.
2: Doing everything we (Admin based on Members suggestions) we have asked him to do and continues to show up here and discuss these things with us.
3: Still under the new dealer probational section.

I do also see the members view here. If a description needs clarification please PM him and remember that he is a potential vendor but he is human too. The same rules apply here for the buyer..but, you have other choices too. My advice is to start with one listing and state your exact case and lets get these things fixed together.

Honestly the last thing we as a community want to do is:
1: be mislead and channel anger.
2: have admin edit posts or referee.

Now what exactly needs to be done here to fix this if anything?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
and just a little side note... :)

as R2D4 said, we dont ever want to have to edit posts and we wont for the most part but if we do, its done VERY clearly so its very obvious what was done. hence my bright yellow text. the ONLY edit i did on Bigdaddys post was remove the two offensive words and replaced them with the word EDIT. Anyways enough about that.. nobodys in trouble here and i dont want this to go in the wrong direction. i just wanted to let everyone know how we do things thats all.

This thread is obviously a concern amongst the members. The staff has been discussing this situation, and we're always working with dealers to make sure descriptions are accurate. We'll see how this turns out.

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
I am glad things are being discussed :)

It has been a struggle over the last year or more in fact, to get the dealers to list things correctly, without misleading potential customers. It would be a shame to let standards slide, as all that effort would be for nought. Hold the dealers to the highest standard, why should we have to accept anything less? 8)

If one dealer starts listing ambiguous sales posts, with small (or big) white lies, other dealers might try the same, and then over time standards will drop, and we will all be worse off because of it....

We have come from having a few small forum boards, where we had to order off of photobucket albums with passwords and virtually no descriptions, and certainly no website stores. To being able to use very professional websites, with many more styles of watches, with full descriptions, drop down menus, real QC controls and integrated payment options etc....

Always move things forwards, never backards :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Dizzy said:
and just a little side note... :)

This thread is obviously a concern amongst the members. The staff has been discussing this situation, and we're always working with dealers to make sure descriptions are accurate. We'll see how this turns out.

AND, members should feel free to chip in, this is fraggin hard work! So Mickey, would you like to PM T4D and kindly show him the difference in those Daytona listings? If not PM me.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
Mickey Padge said:
Acuracy in the watches description is a must. It is the most important thing on a watch forum where dealers and members are selling watches 8)

Like the "pre-2000" Daytona listing by this very same dealer: http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/vi ... 96&t=45044

It is not a pre-2000 Daytona at all, but a post 2000 Daytona, which should only ever have the seconds running at 6. The seconds running at 9 is totally wrong for this model, as this version was released by Rolex well after the year 2000.....

The only thing I can figure out from what you said is that the dial may be incorrect for a pre-2000 Daytona.... I don't know my Rolex's that well but that's what I think you are referring to...

If that is so, then I would tell you to remember it is a rep.... and therefore may have flaws.... i didn't see any claim to 1:1 or "gen in hand" for this listing.... and I believe the pre-2000 comment had to do with the secs @ 9.... if you're going to get into accuracy then don't even bother with this model as, someone intimately familiar with the pre2000 Dayona knows, has completely incorrect subdial spacing in regards to the El Primero Daytona....

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
If the "pre-2000" was removed, there would be no issue would there? :)

That Daytona was made well after 2000. If the dealer does not know, then he should just call it secs at 9, or modified secs at 6, really simple and more importantly, true....

I am not saying he should point out all the flaws, like subdial spacing etc.... just list the watch for what it is, don't try to dress it up, or make it out to be something its not, that only clouds the issue and causes unnessasery problems with the sales listings, where people have to start posting in his sales thread to try and figure things out....

His prices seem to be good as is, so why the need to muddy the water? Just be as transparent as possible...

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
wouldn't you say that secs @ 9 Daytonas are pre2000? wouldn't you say that the modern Dayona is secs @ 6?

It seems more correct to make the determination based upon the seconds location that the accuracy of the dial...

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
yeah i think it would be better to list it as sec@9 and new model sec@6 or soemthing. Most people wouldnt know what the pre/post2000 means

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
but then people are going to ask why there is a secs @ 6 and a secs @ 9.... i don't see the point in being upset about pre2000 vs post 2000..... if he had said it was 1:1 with a pre2000 then ok.... but he didn't... the pre2000 comment was in regards to the seconds positioning...

i mean, I could pick apart a lot of dealer's listings if i wanted to....

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
LOS. I think the confusion is we're talking dial here. One that wasn't made for the seconds @9 model. We should not be using the term 1:1 to describe anything but I agree this is just semantics. I mean jeez, how would you title it to make it right.....a post2000seconds@6pre9model? :p

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
One description is true (the seconds are running at 9), the current description is not (it isn't a pre-2000 Daytona) :p

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Padge. Even if you took out the pre-2000 the description still wouldn't be right because it's running seconds @9. So the only way it could be titled that would satisfy you would be to take pre and post out of it completely and title it 'Fantasy Seconds @9 Daytona'.

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
This watch is a post-2000 (2005-2006) Daytona, seconds @ 9 Daytona, or even just a seconds @ 9 Daytona, that is the correct description. That is all I am saying, I am not suggesting that he should have to explain why the running seconds are at 9 or anything else. How can you call it pre-2000 when it isn't? :)

All the other dealers seem to have no problems listing Daytonas, none of them describe the 2005-2006 Daytona that is being discussed here as pre-2000, because it isn't....

Would you call a modern Submariner "vintage" because it had a vintage date font? No you would call it what it was, a modern Submariner, and if people didn't mind the wrong date font, then that is cool, you make your choice...

Anyway this is all secondary really, have you not seen the "lite" Rolex DeepSea from the same factory as the ETA version? :roll:

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
haha this sounds like a losing battle lol

I would LOVE to have a sec@9 daytona with proper subdial spacing... im done with the sec@6 timebombs anyways.. they shouldnt even be allowed to sell them :)

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
LOL. I love this crap. :D

The next eveolution is to discuss WHAT component makes a watch a particular model. Is it the Engine? The case? Fat hands?

On that note...is my 69' Chevelle a gen anymore since I bored it out?

Oh and one other thing. I wouldn't worry about the dial. No one will ever spot that. They will spot those subdials though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.