• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New factory release Deep sea lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
This is the new ROLEX DEEP SEA Lite from the makers of the ETA version
These are factory pictures I received yesterday the sample with be with me physical later today
Basically it's the same case and band as the ETA watch I think with Asian movement it will be priced at less than $170 so a bout $100 less than current model
ResizeWizard-34-1.jpg

Mike29983

8/7/07
looks very nice especially the clasp.
maybe i`ll buy one of these :)

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
jarpo said:
What do you guys think about the bezel??
:?:

Bezel numbers are REALLY fat on this one....completely different from the other version presented here at the forum...and very off.

Cheers,
Spirit.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
@Spirit, you are correct, but I was commenting on the bezel itself and not the insert. While we're at it, Rolex, Rolex looks to match ok with the minute markers but RING LOCK SYSTEM seems a bit poor, could be the photos though...better images perhaps T4D?

Time4Direct

Gold Patron
25/3/08
These were not actually my pictures they were sent from factory on Monday to see if the basic item was ok for me I have since had an actual watch and the bezel insert is fine on the finished product it's actually listed here at $169

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Real nice offering T4D. Could you get pics of when you receive the final product. I am very interested in this

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
T4D, I think you've done the right thing posting a 'preview' of the watch here, as we can give our views on the watch, you can gauge potential interest from buyers and maybe report back to the factories any glaring faults which may affect it's sales. :)

Time4Direct

Gold Patron
25/3/08
sconehead that was my idea !! But what has happened is I have sold all the 1st run already as the pictures they actually arrived yesterday evening and will be being shipped the early part of next week to buyers. I have asked that they use grey as opposed to black on the rear case but apart from that 99% of people have been happy at the price point. I think any future developments will be on the 2836 watch and not on the cheaper Asian watch

juyaku

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/07
Looks pretty bad. Here are some gen pics.

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

Deepsea in front :

IMG_5229.jpg

Also, don't forget, the lume is blue on the gen Deepsea as opposed to normal Rolex green.

IMG_5218.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
So this:
resizewizard341tg9.jpg

Is meant to be exactly the same as this:
resizewizard310rj4.jpg

The only difference being the movement?

Time4Direct

Gold Patron
25/3/08
Is it? Where have you got that idea from? The 1st picture is a factory pre production picture the second is the finished item. Did you not read that?

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
You said yourself that it was from the same factory as the ETA version at the begining of this thread. The ETA version is for sale and already available, so why would the factory need a "sample", just to swap an Asian movement in, instead of the ETA?

It bears no resemblance whatsoever to the ETA version, different dial, hands, bezel, insert, crown and rehaut engravings etc.....

Cheers! 8)

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
fakemaster said:
STOP IT!! SUPPORT YOUR DEALERS!!!

This is not the dealer section, I understand we are not meant to discuss the watches there, but this is the Rolex area, no?

Time4Direct

Gold Patron
25/3/08
Mickey Padge said:
You said yourself that it was from the same factory as the ETA version at the begining of this thread. The ETA version is for sale and already available, so why would the factory need a "sample", just to swap an Asian movement in, instead of the ETA?

It bears no resemblance whatsoever to the ETA version, different dial, hands, bezel, insert, crown and rehaut engravings etc.....

Cheers! 8)
Here is the actual post verbatim please highlight where I say same dial/hands/bezel/crown/rehaut are the same as the ETA and only the movement is different. Also where do i say they all they are doing is swapping a movement .Please if you are going to use my words use them as they are written not as you imagine them
"This is the new ROLEX DEEP SEA Lite from the makers of the ETA version
These are factory pictures I received yesterday the sample with be with me physical later today
Basically it's the same case and band as the ETA watch I think with Asian movement it will be priced at less than $170 so a bout $100 less than current model"

Also why would you use a picture of a different watch when there are pictures of the actual watch referred to in the samples

Time4Direct

Gold Patron
25/3/08
Mickey Padge said:
fakemaster said:
STOP IT!! SUPPORT YOUR DEALERS!!!

This is not the dealer section, I understand we are not meant to discuss the watches there, but this is the Rolex area, no?

Yes but incorrect is just as incorrect in either section if you are going to be making wrong assumptions you must be prepared to be corrected so you are then aware. Otherwise you will only be making a fool of yourself and misleading people I think you will find there is no section here that covers specifically that contingent.

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
That picture I posted is from the first page of this thread, and the ETA picture is from your ETA sales thread....

The case is different, the case back, HE valve, crown and the cut on the bezel too....

Why would one factory go to all the trouble of creating a nice ETA DeepSea replica, and then create another, when all they have to do is drop in an Asian movement? They have all the parts already, why make another sample with a different dial, hands, insert etc...

Why mention the ETA version at all? It has no bearing on this new watch, only the bracelet looks similar....

Status
Not open for further replies.