• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

ohmy

AAAAA+++++
Certified
23/1/19
Germany
5bc12e40997cbeddc23c8d4789688cb9.jpg

dc3cd1cdb855e2beb16ea6edf93307fe.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

deecee78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/21
Leeds, UK
Sead - was with me in a week. I’m not sure he’s got any UK stock of this atm though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fujisan

Horology Curious
27/3/18
Is there any thickness measurement or casing difference of the watch since there are 904 / 316 and 3 types of movements (2836/2824/3132) available? Thanks in advance.

Tete

4/11/16
Is there any thickness measurement or casing difference of the watch since there are 904 / 316 and 3 types of movements (2836/2824/3132) available? Thanks in advance.

possibly the height of the crown will vary with each movement. And keep in mind, not everyone is realizing, the latest cases come with a lug shape closer to Gen, it could be called V2, the V1 have a wrong tilt and angle. It is important to acquire the last lots.

CK_223

Horology Curious
6/11/19
This one pic of my QC for the BP Exp1 - to me the lume on the 3, 6 and 9 looks not to be fully filled and having a different shade. Second opinion would be appreciated...

fujisan

Horology Curious
27/3/18
possibly the height of the crown will vary with each movement. And keep in mind, not everyone is realizing, the latest cases come with a lug shape closer to Gen, it could be called V2, the V1 have a wrong tilt and angle. It is important to acquire the last lots.

Thanks for the note. How to tell whether it's a V1 or V2?
Any idea which movement has the "correct" crown height.

fujisan

Horology Curious
27/3/18
This one pic of my QC for the BP Exp1 - to me the lume on the 3, 6 and 9 looks not to be fully filled and having a different shade. Second opinion would be appreciated...

From the photo quite obvious it's hollow.

Tete

4/11/16

This Explorer is V2, the case and lugs are very similar to gen, the hour markers are now also thicker as gen. Congratulations!!

Garygarykun

Horology Curious
21/6/21
Tokyo, Japan
This is my QC pic I received yesterday after 1st rejection.

Now that [mention]CK_223 [/mention] mentioned about the lume being hollow, I think mine has the same problem too.

Then again, I checked at local watch stores (Not AD, some reseller), the lume is not as “filled” as I thought it should have been.

I can’t tell whether it is a V1 or V2 though.

b4c30517d614a27111681d441125f7a2.jpg

Tete

4/11/16

Now that [mention]CK_223 [/mention] mentioned about the lume being hollow, I think mine has the same problem too.

Then again, I checked at local watch stores (Not AD, some reseller), the lume is not as “filled” as I thought it should have been.

it's a nice V2, the lugs continue straight with the SEL and bracelet

fujisan

Horology Curious
27/3/18
Tete could you please show side-by-side photos of V1 and V2 and highlight the difference?

I looked through and compared old and latest photos in this thread but can't spot the any difference.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

CK_223

Horology Curious
6/11/19

Hope this is not a batch issue. Here is a comparison of my QC against pics from trustytime of the same watch - difference is quite noticable (beside the color which can be connected to lightning):

Garygarykun

Horology Curious
21/6/21
Tokyo, Japan
Hope this is not a batch issue. Here is a comparison of my QC against pics from trustytime of the same watch - difference is quite noticable (beside the color which can be connected to lightning):

I think the pic in TrustyTime, lighting is a bit over-exposed. I have a few gens and my brother owns a 214270. plus, I checked many gens at actual stores. In comparison, the lume are not as white and bright.

QC pics do appear dark and hollow but have a feeling that it’s due to the angle and lighting. Many of these pics were taken in a rush and using a phone (you can sometimes see it from the reflection).

Of course, let us hope that it’s not a lot problem and watch arrive in our hand safe and sound!

fujisan

Horology Curious
27/3/18
QC pics do appear dark and hollow but have a feeling that it’s due to the angle and lighting.

I don't think it's due to angle or lighting because only recent QC photos have this hollow effect. And there's no hollow effect on the hour markers other than 3, 6 and 9 of the same watch.

Last edited:

CK_223

Horology Curious
6/11/19
Lana sent me another set of pics with better lightning and it seems to be much better than it appeared in the first pics.

Superkenz46

Horology Curious
31/7/21

Hello to all. after reading all the possible pages about explorer 1. I intended to take the arf, but after reading you convinced me to take the 316bp. both for the dial and for the more reliable and possibly replaceable movement. I got eh qc, but comparing them with those in this section, I have strong doubts about the minute indices. they seem to me more often than they should. here is your opinion! thanks a lot

fujisan

Horology Curious
27/3/18

Hello to all. after reading all the possible pages about explorer 1. I intended to take the arf, but after reading you convinced me to take the 316bp. both for the dial and for the more reliable and possibly replaceable movement. I got eh qc, but comparing them with those in this section, I have strong doubts about the minute indices. they seem to me more often than they should. here is your opinion! thanks a lot

Looks like some "snow flakes" around the edges of the numerals especially 9. In comparison, the hour markers have clean edges.