• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
interesting, if prof is worth 5x then why not just buy a gen.?

Crossed my mind but where im not changing anything else on the watch I thought I would save the money. If I go gen I go gen crystal, hands, and dial. I’ve had a couple Clark’s and they’re def worth the money it’s just not at prof level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Clean Factory usually does pretty well in paying attention to detail. I highly doubt that it’ll be the same shade for both.

d8cc5fa0de16565f6a40877d65b82942.jpg

I’m pretty sure its different.

Tagrolex

Horology Curious
19/10/21
Have a CF DJ 41 order pending and patiently waiting for QC photos the past two months. I know it’s CNY season right now. Just seeing if anyone have received their QC lately or know when the next batch is expected to be provided to TDs.

Waiting for 2 months? who did you order from?

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
I had the same issue with no resolution until I reached out to puretime on RWI and ask for a refund.

Sorry to hear that, thanks for the info. Kind of hate to cancel the order being so far in the wait so might give it another 2-3 weeks. Hopefully they will start delivering soon after CNY.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Know Chinese New Year is February 1st.
Does anyone know the time frame the factory’s begin their normal operations again? Wasnt sure with number of weeks they take off to celebrate CNY over there.

Last edited:

DatejustFav

Horology Curious
1/10/19
DE
Hello guys,
Got this CF DJ41 now since a month, it was running perfectly and I just adjusted the time and date twice since I got it and never played around or something like that, a few days ago I tried to unscrew the crown to wind the watch because it was laying two days around, but it was really hard to screw and now it broken off... I opened the watch to pull the stem out and tried to assemble the crown to the stem, but it seems like there is no thread, you can only just put it on but of course it does not hold so well when you pull on it..

Did anyone had this problem? Or any ideas how to fix it? I already thought about to buy a GEN crown, but it seems impossible to get one..
I am grateful for any help!

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
jMmzcc.jpg

Hello guys,
Got this CF DJ41 now since a month, it was running perfectly and I just adjusted the time and date twice since I got it and never played around or something like that, a few days ago I tried to unscrew the crown to wind the watch because it was laying two days around, but it was really hard to screw and now it broken off... I opened the watch to pull the stem out and tried to assemble the crown to the stem, but it seems like there is no thread, you can only just put it on but of course it does not hold so well when you pull on it..

Did anyone had this problem? Or any ideas how to fix it? I already thought about to buy a GEN crown, but it seems impossible to get one..
I am grateful for any help!
jMifwS.png
jMiN3P.png
jMiRyW.png

I encountered the same issue on my CF 116500 Daytona a few weeks ago. Barely had the watch for 5 minutes then the crown broke. Received the package, opened the box, and took out the watch. The crown came apart as I went to go set the time. It's a pretty simple fix. The crown base and clutch on the Clean Factory are not threaded like how the gen crown are. It's just held on by tension with the tight tolerance. You'll have to put loctite between the clutch and crown base for it to hold in place together again....then everything can screwed back down like normal with the stem into the crown tube. The only downside..the watchmaker stated that once it comes off it’ll eventually fall off again with this temporary fix so you may want to consider replacing it with a gen crown down the road.

Last edited:

DatejustFav

Horology Curious
1/10/19
DE
jMmzcc.jpg

I encountered the same issue on my CF 116500 Daytona a few weeks ago. Barely had the watch for 5 minutes then the crown broke. Received the package, opened the box, and took out the watch. The crown came apart as I went to go set the time. It's a pretty simple fix. The crown base and clutch on the Clean Factory are not threaded like how the gen crown are. It's just held on by tension with the tight tolerance. You'll have to put loctite between the clutch and crown base for it to hold in place together again....then everything can screwed back down like normal with the stem into the crown tube. The only downside..the watchmaker stated that once it comes off it’ll eventually fall off again with this temporary fix so you may want to consider replacing it with a gen crown down the road.

Okay thanks for your help! I guess I will glue it like you said it and meanwhile I will try to get a gen crown ????
(If someone has a GEN crown (24-605-0) for the Datejust for sale, please slide in my dm`s!)

Reactions: Tiger4

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
I got a CF DJ 41 V1 with an extra vsf fluted bezel.
Would you say it is worth to put a gen crystal and datewheel on this one or find another base? How are you experience with the movement?

As far as I know, the index markers on the dial is slightly thicker (I think?), and it has wrong hands.