• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

NightShot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/20
no one received the white dial, friends? happy holidays to all

PeterHenlein

Horology Curious
9/10/21
Netherlands
For members interest, here is my Wimbledon, already approved and should be in my hands in a couple of weeks.

j9IrvE.jpg

j9I882.jpg

I just placed an order for DJ41 with the Wimbeldon dial and I was wonder if the date flips exactly at 12 or does it slowlly turn?

Reactions: NightShot

polandonion

Horology Curious
20/6/21
anyone have a picture of the CF black dial, or link to the topic of comparison between vsf?

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
so the consesus is this is the best DJ rep on the market right now? does it beat the VSF, even with the crown issue?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
so the consesus is this is the best DJ rep on the market right now? does it beat the VSF, even with the crown issue?

The crown issue? I mean there is no issue, it's slightly bigger than gen.
Would you notice it in real life? No. It's a tiny crown about 10% larger than gen. People get so hysterical about these things, if you viewed them together with a gen watch next to it then you would spot it. But chances are you'd also spot other flaws so what's the point? The crown size does not detract from this being a good release.

The CF DJ is great. You can't get VSF so it's someone of a moot point.

Reactions: Akilles

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Thanks mate!

Here's my CF Wimbledon next to the VSF with whitegold plated bezel by Nik. Definitely well done by CF. Not sure what they did, but it looks nice. Can't say that about the crystal though.

jlhZR2.jpg

jlhzKE.jpg

The crown issue? I mean there is no issue, it's slightly bigger than gen.
Would you notice it in real life? No. It's a tiny crown about 10% larger than gen. People get so hysterical about these things, if you viewed them together with a gen watch next to it then you would spot it.
The blue dial on my pics is gen. Even at that magnification the difference between the crowns is barely visible, IMHO not an issue in real life.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Here's my CF Wimbledon next to the VSF with whitegold plated bezel by Nik. Definitely well done by CF. Not sure what they did, but it looks nice. Can't say that about the crystal though.

jlhZR2.jpg

Thanks for sharing. It's always hard to tell whether the color is coming from the metal or from the reflection, but I think I see what you mean.

Great looking watches in any case, congrats.

Since you have both, another question: do you see any difference in the gasket color / opacity? From some pics it looked like the CF had a somewhat white gasket, bit again there's many things that can give that impression so I'd be interested in your opinion. Thanks

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Since you have both, another question: do you see any difference in the gasket color / opacity? From some pics it looked like the CF had a somewhat white gasket, bit again there's many things that can give that impression so I'd be interested in your opinion. Thanks

With that pathetic cyclops, the gasket colour is your smallest issue on the CF Datejust.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
With that pathetic cyclops, the gasket colour is your smallest issue on the CF Datejust.

Sure but even with another crystal you may have to reuse the rep gasket. Hence my question, how is the gasket in real life? Is it good or does it have a white shade to it?

Thanks

Reactions: Sonofalich

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
How are the hands on the CF compared to VSF or Gen? Worthy upgrade or leave it alone? Some pics they seem fine, others seem really flat?!?

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I just placed an order for DJ41 with the Wimbeldon dial and I was wonder if the date flips exactly at 12 or does it slowlly turn?

It flips, but not bang on 12, about 5 mins to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk