• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
How easy of difficult to Franken a DJ 41 126xxx with a 3235 movement anyway.....are things like gen crystals,DW, and hands readily available, or like hens teeth?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Here are few QC pictures I got yesterday. Already GL.

j5XAP5.jpg

j5XLSF.jpg

j5X5et.jpg

And here's a Comparison QC shot between Clean and VSF

j5XUt2.jpg

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thanks for the pics jiro Whats your initial thoughts? I believe you a own gen as well? Are the markers on VSF or Clean closest to gen?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
But the case lugs looks perfect to me,better than vsf
also the sel fitment is perfect without gaps,better than on pictures from jtime site

Reactions: Akilles

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I viewed some DJ41 on chrono24 now. It looks to me that sometimes the markers appears a bit thicker, or it's just the chamfered edges that are playing a trick. I borrowed Jiros pics and added a gen one that I think looks more like Clean than VSF on the marker. Disregard the dial colors as this pic is taken in another studio.

Could it be that that marker has grown like 0,2mm in mid 2021 or is that just crazy thinking? Gen to the left

Reactions: extrememike

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Here are few QC pictures I got yesterday. Already GL.

j5XAP5.jpg

j5XLSF.jpg

j5X5et.jpg

And here's a Comparison QC shot between Clean and VSF

j5XUt2.jpg

number 55 is out of place.

even the 12 o'clock crown .. it doesn't seem to me that it follows a perfect circle with all the indicators, it seems lower to me.

at first glance I would say large indicators, large bezel, apparent poor quality. as usual CF preaches good and scratches badly ..

VSF is the top.

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
As you said, it's a rep game mate! Keep your expectations low!
don't expect a gen quality for (at least) a tenth of the price

This makes me laugh so much every time i read it since it's almost always used in the wrong context.

No one is expecting gen quality, we are AT LEAST expecting the same or comparable quality of last year's releases.

No one wants to pay more for something that's poorer than before.

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
This makes me laugh so much every time i read it since it's almost always used in the wrong context.

No one is expecting gen quality, we are AT LEAST expecting the same or comparable quality of last year's releases.

No one wants to pay more for something that's poorer than before.

Agree mate but it's simple. You either take it and live with it or you don't. There's always the option not to spend money on something that you don't like. No one is forcing you to get one :)

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
j5w5ev.png

The date window cutout and the thick markers are a bit of a turnoff, on the plus side the lugs look a bit sharper than the previous promo pictures.

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
This clean datejust is almost a downgrade in every way to the vsf datejust. On those qc pics markers look all over the place, 6 o'clock looks crooked, xtal is garbage like all the other of clean watches. Will wait a bit before ordering one, really wanna see their take on the Wimbledon.

Bobi01

2/2/19
This clean datejust is almost a downgrade in every way to the vsf datejust. On those qc pics markers look all over the place, 6 o'clock looks crooked, xtal is garbage like all the other of clean watches. Will wait a bit before ordering one, really wanna see their take on the Wimbledon.

But the case is amazing bro,case lugs are genlike,dial color also look more deeper blue than vsf but we will wait jiro comparison

Reactions: Akilles

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
But the case is amazing bro,case lugs are genlike,dial color also look more deeper blue than vsf but we will wait jiro comparison

Besides the case i do not see anything promising or superior than vsf, perhaps the bracelet will be better quality, thats something yet to hear about.. A lot of people in here search the best ootb and not the best franken base. Blue dial pics on a studio are pretty much useless but we already know that i will wait to see the blue dial in different type of lightings. Not really good to see the first examples with some many dial flaws. I remembered when people were doing such a big deal of bad spacing on the vsf dial (25) and here no one is saying anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929 and Star70

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Besides the case i do not see anything promising or superior than vsf, perhaps the bracelet will be better quality, thats something yet to hear about.. A lot of people in here search the best ootb and not the best franken base. Blue dial pics on a studio are pretty much useless but we already know that i will wait to see the blue dial in different type of lightings. Not really good to see the first examples with some many dial flaws. I remembered when people were doing such a big deal of bad spacing on the vsf dial (25) and here no one is saying anything.

Bracelet is supposed to be ARF... which is good news for me since I need ARF links :D Someone buy one <3
In related news, if anyone has any ARF links for a Jubilee bracelet / or a whole bracelet / whole watch. I will happily buy them off you!