• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Off topic but makes me question CF's intention. Did they have any hand in VSF/Noob shutdown? Right when they are down, Clean is releasing models frequently. Given the CF Pepsi experience (and the fact that I have a VSF DJ), I would probably wait for a quick v2 release with flaws fixed :rolleyes: I do like the fact that Clran is using ARF bracelets.

VSF and Noob were targeted specifically because of the scale of their operations.

The VSF group includes VSF itself, V6F, V9F, XF and perhaps some more sub units.

As for Noob, it was producing so many relatively good replicas of so many brands that its factory name took on unprecedented levels of notoriety.
Moreover, Noob's Daytonas were so good they could easily be used to scam buyers without enough knowledge. Police must have known about this too.

Clean is primarily a parts maker who transitioned into producing watches. It's not as big as VSF or Noob at all. If they were so big, they wouldn't have resorted to scammish tactics like passing off 316L for 904L and doing what they did with the ZZF-Clean sub saga.

But I hope they get the DJ41 right because the supply from VSF broke just after I got a single DJ41 and I need at least 2 more to build what I want.

5hiny1967

Horology Curious
2/8/21
If they bring out a Daytona to match a NF put me down for one. LI keep us updated cheers.

wachnoob007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/17
Would be interesting to see VSF & ARF comparison once on hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: walla65

plonker

11/3/21
giphy.gif

But before that, remove corrosion and do not overtighten the screws.

Last edited:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Wonder how good the movement is, but it looks like it has soft lugs on the right side like previous factory reps.

Gen for comparison;

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
I'm very far from being an expert but from the pics I just saw on Li's site I can list few flaws

- Jubilee sel midlinks look like the ones in their GMT releases i.e. not well rounded
- Oyster endlinks gap is big
- case is not sharp as already mentioned
- serial number spacing is off
- rehaut spacing is funny
- lume is off on the hands
- 6 o'clock marker looks crooked (on jubilee bracelet)
- minute hand is shorter
- seconds hand is longer
- cyclops not well positioned (on oyster bracelet)
- movement looks dirty on both

I believe CF could have done much better on this release.. Hope experts can dissect the watch more!

Also hope this thread doesn't end up like the CF BLRO lol

Nassim

16/2/20
And that’s the model they chosed for promotion, imagine what it would be for serial production....

Reactions: JayBee0815

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Movement looks like the same "next-gen" VR3235 many factories are using now. It's a hybrid having some 3135 dial side parts except the date indicator seating and the date indicator (DW). It should take a 126x gen dial, and also has dial feet holes at about 7 and 35 minutes (though I can't imagine why). The date indicator seating and DW on the DJ41 movements are wider than the ones on the same movement for the 126x 41mm Subs.

Last edited:
Reactions: saucin

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I mostly reacted on the blue dial being very beautiful and genlike (based on the pics). However the markers on the dial appears a bit wider than gen and VSF. A bit bulkier so to speak.

Edit: Might have been wrong about the markers. Some gen pics "looks" just as wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I think it's quite poor... it initially looks quite good on first glance. But it's certainly worse than VSF and ARF imo. Plus the movement does not look great either... Clean Factory are trolling with their name at this point, looks like rust/dirt city. What's worse is that's their display model... the best of the bunch.

But I'll reserve judgement for now, lets wait and get some QC's or other TD's pictures. One set of pictures isn't enough to fully tell... it could just be a bad model or a protype... who knows with clean.

btrizzy1

Known Member
26/12/09
I am interested in the white gold plated bezel. Stainless steel fluted bezel just doesn't look right compared to gen.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I am interested in the white gold plated bezel. Stainless steel fluted bezel just doesn't look right compared to gen.

I have a gen and a VSF, the difference is minimal at best. I'll post some pictures for you tomorrow. My gen is a DJ II, but still comparable imo
I don't think it's worth doing, buying the white gold bezel that is.

What you can do instead is get a white gold / platinum coating on the steel bezel from some of the vendors here, Nikz

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...nikz’s-watch-service-modding-and-gold-plating

Reactions: leo6929