• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Looks decent to me.

I'd love to see that claimed "white gold plated" bezel in person.

Placing order with Li now. Will do a comparison with my vsf franken.

btrizzy1

Known Member
26/12/09
I have a gen and a VSF, the difference is minimal at best. I'll post some pictures for you tomorrow. My gen is a DJ II, but still comparable imo
I don't think it's worth doing, buying the white gold bezel that is.

What you can do instead is get a white gold / platinum coating on the steel bezel from some of the vendors here, Nikz

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...nikz’s-watch-service-modding-and-gold-plating

I have a gen too but latest model and ARF V3. It is definitely noticeable to me.

orangegrünlila

Known Member
1/12/18
EU
Hmmm. Am I the only one who has doubts about the quality? ;-)

j5iUZY.jpg

Definitely not!! This made my appetite for that watch go away right away…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: JayBee0815

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Definitely not!! This made my appetite for that watch go away right away…

Ok I thought I was a bit too much with the flaws I saw (appearance-wise) but I wouldn't react like this on the movement picture as long as it's working fine lol

It's not that someone will have a rubber ball to open the case back and check on the movement (even if they didn't notice ANYthing on its appearance) . You won't even be seeing the back of the watch while it's in your hand ;)

Reactions: Akilles

orangegrünlila

Known Member
1/12/18
EU
Ok I thought I was a bit too much with the flaws I saw (appearance-wise) but I wouldn't react like this on the movement picture as long as it's working fine lol

It's not that someone will have a rubber ball to open the case back and check on the movement (even if they didn't notice ANYthing on its appearance) . You won't even be seeing the back of the watch while it's in your hand ;)

Yes, you‘re of course right, but what kinda company would release the first pictures of it‘s new watch to the public with these kinda flaws? Additionally, CF is known for being sketchy and doing various things which aren‘t considered gentleman moves in the rep game… Not a good look at all to me, and I was really really hyped about this release

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
As you said, it's a rep game mate! Keep your expectations low! CF is trying to gain ground after the raids and they're obviously rushing things after noob and vs being closed.. Is it overpriced for what they offer? Probably yes.. But as it has been numerously stated in tons of threads over this forum, don't expect a gen quality for (at least) a tenth of the price... It's a "take it or leave it" game from each factory, always leaving you the option to go the franken way

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
I think it's quite poor... it initially looks quite good on first glance. But it's certainly worse than VSF and ARF imo. Plus the movement does not look great either... Clean Factory are trolling with their name at this point, looks like rust/dirt city. What's worse is that's their display model... the best of the bunch.

But I'll reserve judgement for now, lets wait and get some QC's or other TD's pictures. One set of pictures isn't enough to fully tell... it could just be a bad model or a protype... who knows with clean.

Yes totally agree I am so glad I sold my CF GMT and will never buy CF again it is the worst factory upping so much from Li at Jtime dhgate quality with a lube. And CNN propaganda……………….

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Yes totally agree I am so glad I sold my CF GMT and will never buy CF again it is the worst factory

Clean/ZZF as a full rep makers has always been a joke and always some scandals.
ZZF fucked everyone with their 904L claims and now they're fucking everyone under the Clean brand. First with that travesty of a GMT Pepsi in the wrong case, bezel that is glopping with lubricant, bezel that does't properly rotate, and a wrongly colored insert held in place with double sided tape!! And since people were stupid enough to buy that travesty, Clean is pushing anything they can because they know the idiots don't have the patience to wait till something better comes along. As the old saying goes: There's a sucker born every minute."

Dretrin233

Horology Curious
23/11/19
Personally, I also have reservations about ZZF/Clean and probably will never touch their stuff in the future. ZZF is very much about the old rep game - over promised marketing and under deliver, and putting out "updated" versions to milk your money. For them to put out anything close to the quality of VSF? Highly doubt that.

But if you like what you see, then buy and wear what makes you happy. Just make sure to do your home work and not get fooled by marketing.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
To be honest. I don't own any Clean so I'm not a fanboy but based on the pics on Li's site I think it looks good compared to VSF (my daily). Take in mind that QC varies on VS too. My dial have small dents from the markers and the crown threads arent the best. The jubilee bracelet is kind of wiggly. Clasp snaps too easy as well compared to gen. Believe it or not, VSF is not a factory from heaven :)

If the hands are too long/short on the Clean I dont know. The lugs, dont know, just dont have eyes for that as some of you hawk eyes. I just view over the watch with my eyes and I think it looks promising.

The rehaut.. I see the crown on top, I see RolexRolexRolex and some serials. I'm happy :) Don't care that much for macro pics as my eyes are getting too old to see things like that irl anyway.

DW and cyclops looks very good based on the few pictures. The black hole effect it's hard to comment now.

When it comes to the dial color I think that Clean looks very good so far. We need more irl pictures of course but VSF have a slight lack of the dark blue/black in the sunburst. On the pics here from Li the Clean has slightly more of that but once again, more pics will be needed.

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
It's hard to be impartial with ZZF/Clean releases regarding their weird business policy and the scandals of the past, because of which we tend to be more defensive than with any other factory (even latest Noob productions were not under so much anticipated critics).

I'd say let's give them the benefit of the doubt, knowing their watches will be even more scrutinized than ever.
Li will do a "gen vs rep" battle of this, so wait and see.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
I took a quick DW-photo of my VSF (with a bad camera and camera man). Clean appears to have slightly thicker typo. However it looks very clear.

ohhhhhh….finally someone who look the watch for what it is….eagle eyes are a good impressive plus in the real life…where the things or people are REAL…..here we play in a FAKE world…where all is repped…copyed…or else.
we have to look at this toys from about 50 cm without lupe or glasses…this is what the persons see in real life.
contrary….will be obvious that everyone here could find flaws….so….if you expose them for our knowledge it s ok……if you do it only for denying a factory or a watch…..beh…it is poor for me……
enjoy the game like it is…..noone factory will never make a perfect rep…. Because they simply DON T WANT.

For the rest ….there are the AD

JayRoc

Horology Curious
12/12/17
I think it's quite poor... it initially looks quite good on first glance. But it's certainly worse than VSF and ARF imo. Plus the movement does not look great either... Clean Factory are trolling with their name at this point, looks like rust/dirt city. What's worse is that's their display model... the best of the bunch.

But I'll reserve judgement for now, lets wait and get some QC's or other TD's pictures. One set of pictures isn't enough to fully tell... it could just be a bad model or a protype... who knows with clean.

Worse than VSF I agree but why worse than ARF?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Robi01 You have been very quite with your insightful DJ comments bro. Are you too busy looking att your Noob Daytona these days or did the "rounded" lugs simply turn you off completely? :)

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Btw bezel looks genlike and thats very nice move from cf… but is it durable time will tell,if it starts to fade it will look even worse than pure steel… we cant see how is the dial compared to gen or vsf and jiro will tell us,from this pictures vsf looks closer to gen.. on the sels gaps are everywhere,especially on oyster bracelet,looks very bad,crystal and DW are not bad,case shape,many people say they are soft but they are not bad to me,they looks even better than vsf,they are little slimmer and little more shaper than vsf but we will all see when we see real life samples… the movement i like vsf movement after full service and looks reliable to me,it is true clone… this new vr3235 we still dont know the quality
My opinion,clean have better bezel and case (we still dont know is it case fault because of sel gaps) ,dial,hands,movement,crystal and DW and sels looks better on vsf
cheers

JayRoc

Horology Curious
12/12/17
Btw bezel looks genlike and thats very nice move from cf… but is it durable time will tell,if it starts to fade it will look even worse than pure steel… we cant see how is the dial compared to gen or vsf and jiro will tell us,from this pictures vsf looks closer to gen.. on the sels gaps are everywhere,especially on oyster bracelet,looks very bad,crystal and DW are not bad,case shape,many people say they are soft but they are not bad to me,they looks even better than vsf,they are little slimmer and little more shaper than vsf but we will all see when we see real life samples… the movement i like vsf movement after full service and looks reliable to me,it is true clone… this new vr3235 we still dont know the quality
My opinion,clean have better bezel and case (we still dont know is it case fault because of sel gaps) ,dial,hands,movement,crystal and DW and sels looks better on vsf
cheers

where does ARF sit in all this, since VSF seems to be a thing of the past now

Reactions: Legitimatemonth

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
How easy of difficult to Franken a DJ 41 126xxx with a 3235 movement anyway.....are things like gen crystals,DW, and hands readily available, or like hens teeth?