• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

gtaight

Horology Curious
23/4/22
Just for Fun info, I have a CF 41 blue (i believe is V2).

took it to my (friendly) local rolex second hand dealer. Asked him to pull out a gen for sale. Compared it side by side.

He couldn't even tell it was a rep. Until he winded it. But even then he was still looking at it for a good 5 mins. and kept winding it. took him a while but then he realised it wasn't.

Then he said. looking at it, he wouldn't be able to tell. Even side by side to a gen.

So unless someone plans on bringing a microscope to check yours out. they highly unlikely are gonna know its a rep.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
If you were going to do a Franken DJ41 with gen dial, hands, xtal, and DW, would you use a CF as a base or VSF?

Any thoughts? @KJ2020 or @Storm.
In my opinion the VSF has better case in for example @Bobi01 s opinion the cf is better, as the edges on the case are more pronounced.

As you will replace almost all parts one can see, i believe the clean would be the better choice for you, as the bracelet and clasp on it are better.

NPD

7/2/22
EU
If you were going to do a Franken DJ41 with gen dial, hands, xtal, and DW, would you use a CF as a base or VSF?

Any thoughts? @KJ2020 or @Storm.

I got my super franken DJ41 built with CF base. Then again, it's all gen except for midcase, bracelet, movement, and bezel.

Momo666

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/22
Canada
Hi guys! Pretty sure I got an all V2 badboy right here! No milky ring (I think!?) and the cyclops and hands look V2. I'm a little unsure of the bezel. Can someone please confirm for me that it's V2 also? Much appreciated! 🙏

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi guys! Pretty sure I got an all V2 badboy right here! No milky ring (I think!?) and the cyclops and hands look V2. I'm a little unsure of the bezel. Can someone please confirm for me that it's V2 also? Much appreciated! 🙏

Two pages earlier:

Momo666

17/9/22
Canada
If you can't see it, does it matter?

Not a great deal no, but it is always nice to have the opinion/confirmation from someone who's more knowledgable than me or has a better eye for these particular details. I've done my comparisons with the info and pictures here and made my assumptions and simply seek a second opinion like many others on this very thread. In the time it took you for your reply and to send me that link, you could have just answered my question. I'm sure back before you were some sort of rep god you would have appreciated a little help sometimes from people on here too.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Not a great deal no, but it is always nice to have the opinion/confirmation from someone who's more knowledgable than me or has a better eye for these particular details. I've done my comparisons with the info and pictures here and made my assumptions and simply seek a second opinion like many others on this very thread. In the time it took you for your reply and to send me that link, you could have just answered my question. I'm sure back before you were some sort of rep god you would have appreciated a little help sometimes from people on here too.
You must have misunderstood my post. I'm no rep god, not at all, never pretended to be. I just sent you the link because I myself would be unsure if all the little details are V1 or V2, except maybe for the minute hand. And this is because I do not care that much, have a DJ myself with V1 hand and I still love it. I was genuinely trying to give you help to the best of my - limited - knowledge.
I'm not sure why some members always react on the assumption that a nonjudgmental/non-opinionated post should somehow hide malice, malevolence, arrogance or meanness. That was not my intention at all. On the contrary, I was about to get out to work and was browsing RWI as usual, that's why the responses are brief, and by pure chance I had just forwarded the same link, so it was readily available. The second post is a genuine question to simply understand your views - sheer curiosity; I myself are pretty easily satisfied, with almost no OCD at all, you may be different, which is something that I respect and, by the way, understand. Each has his own preferences and that's what actually makes this place a great place to be.
Bottom line, I did not mean to be patronizing or judgemental. Not in the least.

Momo666

17/9/22
Canada
You must have misunderstood my post. I'm no rep god, not at all, never pretended to be. I just sent you the link because I myself would be unsure if all the little details are V1 or V2, except maybe for the minute hand. And this is because I do not care that much, have a DJ myself with V1 hand and I still love it. I was genuinely trying to give you help to the best of my - limited - knowledge.
I'm not sure why some members always react on the assumption that a nonjudgmental/non-opinionated post should somehow hide malice, malevolence, arrogance or meanness. That was not my intention at all. On the contrary, I was about to get out to work and was browsing RWI as usual, that's why the responses are brief, and by pure chance I had just forwarded the same link, so it was readily available. The second post is a genuine question to simply understand your views - sheer curiosity; I myself are pretty easily satisfied, with almost no OCD at all, you may be different, which is something that I respect and, by the way, understand. Each has his own preferences and that's what actually makes this place a great place to be.
Bottom line, I did not mean to be patronizing or judgemental. Not in the least.
Thank you for clearing that up, sorry to misread your intention. You do sound genuine and like a nice human!
It's easy to assume people are being sarcastic or acting like know-it-alls with that comment 'if you cant see it does it matter'. From what i've seen that's the new cool-kid comment from people just trying to be difficult. These people writing this definitely at some point requested help or opinions on here when they were new or needed it, and now somehow think they are total pros and shoot down people asking for help!

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Thank you for clearing that up, sorry to misread your intention. You do sound genuine and like a nice human!
It's easy to assume people are being sarcastic or acting like know-it-alls with that comment 'if you cant see it does it matter'. From what i've seen that's the new cool-kid comment from people just trying to be difficult. These people writing this definitely at some point requested help or opinions on here when they were new or needed it, and now somehow think they are total pros and shoot down people asking for help!
Always difficult to judge from just the written word.
You are right there often is all kinds of responses here, some, as a matter of fact, maybe not that friendly, but most people here like to help each other. And even when you get a dubious/ambiguous answer, often it's just for jest and have a laugh at someone's expense. In those cases, just laugh in yourself and you'll even get patted on your back. Best practice is just give the benefit of the doubt and move on, otherwise things can escalate quite quickly for no reason at all (again, the written word is prone to interpretation). Sometimes people are harsh because that's just how they are, matter-of-factly.
In the end, don't take it personally, this is a forum, I made real good friends here in just a few months.

Momo666

17/9/22
Canada
Always difficult to judge from just the written word.
You are right there often is all kinds of responses here, some, as a matter of fact, maybe not that friendly, but most people here like to help each other. And even when you get a dubious/ambiguous answer, often it's just for jest and have a laugh at someone's expense. In those cases, just laugh in yourself and you'll even get patted on your back. Best practice is just give the benefit of the doubt and move on, otherwise things can escalate quite quickly for no reason at all (again, the written word is prone to interpretation). Sometimes people are harsh because that's just how they are, matter-of-factly.
In the end, don't take it personally, this is a forum, I made real good friends here in just a few months.
For sure, most people are awesome on here! We are lucky to be part of such an awesome forum for our rep hobby ✌️ 🌟

Reactions: Feefo

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
I believe it is a v2 crystal because of the halo around cyclops. My v1 does not have the halo that pronounced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Momo666

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Hi,

I have a CF Dj 41 clasp that is making clicking noise whenever it touches a surface.

Does anyone here experience it or know how to fix it?

Would you say bending the butterfly on the clasp to tighten the clasp be a good solution? I tried to bend it with my finger but I am not sure if it is bending at all, or I will destroy the clasp…