• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Exilimx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/22
Germany
I have had in hand, or currently have in hand, 8-10 VS3235 and VR3235 movements. All of which I have seen no odd noises nor gritty feeling in manual function and auto function. (Meaning setting, winding, and when the rotor spins)

4-5 recent VR3135’s as well and no issues I can report.

I suppose the take away here is this: when someone has a negative experience they tell an average of 10 people. When someone has a positive experience they tell an average of 3 people. Meaning it’s more likely you’ll hear negative feedback and much less likely you hear positive. But I assure you there are far more positive experiences that are yet unheard.
So movement feeling (of rotor, when „shaking“ in hand) should be almost identical to gen and the other reps?

-If everthing is all right with the movement.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I will be doing the same for sure. If I could find a gen one for 1000-1500 I’d just go that route, but they are 2k+ and I can’t justify that. Not saying they aren’t worth it, just not for me.
Yea same. I've had discussions about gen shape dadada but tbh the gold bezel on Gen isn't as sharp anymore after a year of wear or two so idc😂

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
So movement feeling (of rotor, when „shaking“ in hand) should be almost identical to gen and the other reps?

Rotor always needs to be fattened/oiled.

Movement should always be checked.

Reactions: Exilimx

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified

Honestly if you expect the same silence and smoothness from a Chinese copy of an in-house Swiss made (of different actual materials and with different tolerances, etc) you’d be disappointed.

If you expect CLOSE TO that, you’ll be happy. They are close, but will not be identical in any measurable way (from sound/decibels of the rotor and escapement to resistance/grit in turning the crown and hands).

It’s 1/20th the cost (or whatever) so reality should lead you to 1/20th the experience. The fact that we are at 90% of the experience for so 5% the cost, all should be impressed.

Reactions: Meicmo84

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Honestly if you expect the same silence and smoothness from a Chinese copy of an in-house Swiss made (of different actual materials and with different tolerances, etc) you’d be disappointed.

If you expect CLOSE TO that, you’ll be happy. They are close, but will not be identical in any measurable way (from sound/decibels of the rotor and escapement to resistance/grit in turning the crown and hands).

It’s 1/20th the cost (or whatever) so reality should lead you to 1/20th the experience. The fact that we are at 90% of the experience for so 5% the cost, all should be impressed.
Absolutely.

A gen movement is always solid but smooth, be it winding or setting time.

With my revisioned noob movement it is wayyyyyy different than my small service btf.

My cf Datejust sometimes feels very smooth and solid, sometimes it feels like I'm gonna break the movement 😂😂😂

Exilimx

4/10/22
Germany

My expectation is not gen identical :)

Just wanted to figure out if movement feels like a normal eta entry level movement.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
My expectation is not gen identical :)

Just wanted to figure out if movement feels like a normal eta entry level movement.
If comparing a CLONE Rolex 3235 to a GEN ETA28xx for instance, yes the clone 3235 will feel smoother to the user, but that is because it’s different mechanically, not built better. The ETA in that comparison is built better (arguably)

If comparing a gen 3235 to a clone 28xxx, there is no comparison other than they both tell time. (IMHO)

Reactions: Storm. and Exilimx

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

What do you think on this QC - GL? , hands looks V1
Please read the QC rules, we can't GL for you. You have one specific issue, then ask about that. But asking if it's overall OK and even for GL is a big no-no.

Rollingbatman

Looking Around
7/12/19
Please read the QC rules, we can't GL for you. You have one specific issue, then ask about that. But asking if it's overall OK and even for GL is a big no-no.
Understood , I should have put a question regarding the hands. Look like V1 to me, bezel and the crystal seem V2 to me. What you guys think of the hands and cyclops?

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hands are V1. For the rest, I'll leave the stage for the members with keener eyes.

Exilimx

4/10/22
Germany
If comparing a CLONE Rolex 3235 to a GEN ETA28xx for instance, yes the clone 3235 will feel smoother to the user, but that is because it’s different mechanically, not built better. The ETA in that comparison is built better (arguably)

If comparing a gen 3235 to a clone 28xxx, there is no comparison other than they both tell time. (IMHO)
I spend the last days reading trough couple of info-pages. What I get from several explanations is that 3235 seems to be louder in general.
Also compared to 28xx, due to the additonal bearing.

So loud 3235 movement seems to be normal, even if it feels unexpected if you never had a 3235 in hand before.