• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New C+ Factory Pepsi

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Sorry bro just my opinion :) because it is my favorite watch.

for most guys the rep inserts will do just fine ;-)
I agree with you and don’t own a gen pepsi bezel franken :)

Would be great to have the comparison between a xing-patrick / new chinese insert and a gen Mk1 (feels like the Mk1 insert is rarer than Mk3 due to being much less popular…)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
feels like the Mk1 insert is rarer than Mk3 due to being much less popular…)
It's not so much a question of less popular as a question of having had a shorter production run. It was only manufactured for like a year, similarly to the MK2, when the mk3 has been around for several.

Also apparently the MK1 is more fragile and when broken it is replaced by an mk3

Reactions: big_polarbear

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
It's not so much a question of less popular as a question of having had a shorter production run. It was only manufactured for like a year, similarly to the MK2, when the mk3 has been around for several.

Also apparently the MK1 is more fragile and when broken it is replaced by an mk3
yes. Rolex found the colors of the MK1 unsatisfactory as too purple/strawberry. The beauty of MK3 is that it goes from blue/red to the strawberry colors of MK1, and these variations are beautiful!

Reactions: Tobel and AG91

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15

Actually, speaking just about inserts, it was not a short run in time, as the white gold BLRO's released in 2014 had the MK1 insert.

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Xing just produces inserts right? I don't have a watch Smith that I know who could replace it for me... Not sure or could I replace it myself?

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Xing just produces inserts right? I don't have a watch Smith that I know who could replace it for me... Not sure or could I replace it myself?
I am not by any means anything near to a watchmaker and replaced mine myself, the bezel just pops and then you need to click in back in, it is not extremely difficult but you need to be careful with the insert.

Powerfluff

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/21
Can someone explain the platinum mod and who can do it?
gen has a platinum metal sprayed inside the engraving's on the bezel. I used to be super active on here years ago with another username but once I changed my name all my posts disappeared. I forgot who did it but there was a guy people sent their bezels to and paid 75 bucks and he did the platinium pvd coating spray for them inside their bezel inserts.

Tobel

6/7/17
gen has a platinum metal sprayed inside the engraving's on the bezel. I used to be super active on here years ago with another username but once I changed my name all my posts disappeared. I forgot who did it but there was a guy people sent their bezels to and paid 75 bucks and he did the platinium pvd coating spray for them inside their bezel inserts.
I believe @Spongebob and @ussdassein can do it