• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
This model is the dream watch of almost every dude i've ever met in my life, and we ain't no exception mate ;) no doubt why this Thread has so many comments...

I would rather take the risk than regretting it in next few months. Who know when will be the next raid in the far far east country :)

Reactions: leo6929

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
may be ZF 5712 is now again in production. I've odered since 2 days from Trusty and still no QCs ;) Lucky members got their QCs just after 1-2 days since 2 weeks ago

zenmaster

Known Member
21/8/09
I just got my 5712 with ZF tag on it.

Watch looks great. Second hand does not stop when the crown is pulled out to set the time. I guess this is how it is?

I tried to remove some bracelet links but I've been having trouble removing the pins (like, all of them). Looks like it'll require some force... I might need to go to a local watchsmith for that. Bummer.

Last edited:

patekcollector

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/21
Italy
Guys I'm extremely undecided weather to pay the PPF 5712 or the PPF 5726 Blue dial... I already own a 5711 v4, what would you suggest?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Received QC pics a moment ago. Accepted despite the slanted marker at six. Do you think this is an easy fix or too small to notice?

57e25233900f6d63c0319126cfe3419c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: LebronXiJames

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Guys I'm extremely undecided weather to pay the PPF 5712 or the PPF 5726 Blue dial... I already own a 5711 v4, what would you suggest?

I’d personally get both, but I’d first get the the 5712 while TD’s can get them relatively quick. The dial is top notch and it has full functionality minus the PR. There have been a lot of delays on the 5726 if I recall correctly. So it may be better to wait a bit for those to start flowing out. My 2 cents but I’m also not as knot the 5726 as I am with the 5712

Reactions: patekcollector

zenmaster

Known Member
21/8/09
I’d personally get both, but I’d first get the the 5712 while TD’s can get them relatively quick. The dial is top notch and it has full functionality minus the PR. There have been a lot of delays on the 5726 if I recall correctly. So it may be better to wait a bit for those to start flowing out. My 2 cents but I’m also not as knot the 5726 as I am with the 5712

when i adjust date moon phase doesn't move. is it normal?
and the second hand does not pause when adjusting time.

so far just these 2 issues. well, if it's how it's supposed to be, then it's good.

passedaway

28/6/20
when i adjust date moon phase doesn't move. is it normal?
and the second hand does not pause when adjusting time.

so far just these 2 issues. well, if it's how it's supposed to be, then it's good.

Moonphase has a separate pusher and it moves with the hour hand. movement is non-hacking (same as gen). so both are working as intended

Meicmo84

14/11/20
Asia

5712 for sure. I bought both and the 5712 is much slimmer and looks way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I received the watch a week ago and I found out the first bracelet connection link is too fat.
If you look at gen 5712 the first link is as wide as all other links. On this PPF / ZF whatever factory rep it's wider.

What I also don't like is the sunken moonphase as you can see the teeth when looking from some angles.
The crown is too long as everybody knows and the hand pinions are also not 1:1 as per gen.

Movement works great for me. I didn't set the moonphase tho as I heard the moonphase isn't very reliable and I don't want to break it.

The dial is nothing but stunning!

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
I received the watch a week ago and I found out the first bracelet connection link is too fat.
If you look at gen 5712 the first link is as wide as all other links. On this PPF / ZF whatever factory rep it's wider.

What I also don't like is the sunken moonphase as you can see the teeth when looking from some angles.
The crown is too long as everybody knows and the hand pinions are also not 1:1 as per gen.

Movement works great for me. I didn't set the moonphase tho as I heard the moonphase isn't very reliable and I don't want to break it.

The dial is nothing but stunning!

If you'd go to patek official website, there is a 360 view for this model in the galerry, then there you could see that the first link is much fatter than the others...

Reactions: JimmyBobby

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
If you'd go to patek official website, there is a 360 view for this model in the galerry, then there you could see that the first link is much fatter than the others...

You misunderstood me, sorry for my bad english.
The gen first link is longer, yes. But it is not wider aka fatter.

On the rep it is both: longer and wider/fatter. You can see it on the patek website and also on several gen sales on chrono24.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
You misunderstood me, sorry for my bad english.
The gen first link is longer, yes. But it is not wider aka fatter.

On the rep it is both: longer and wider/fatter. You can see it on the patek website and also on several gen sales on chrono24.

I didn't find the first links of my 5712 bracelet annoyingly fat.

Reactions: leo6929