• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Honestly it just looks like latest PPF green dial.
Probably. Afaik OMD refinish blue PPF 5711 dials for their custom dials. Or do they even produce dials for PPF?

Interestingly, I like the dial color even if it's not gen like. I think I'll never see the gen in person. :ROFLMAO:

Cloneforlife

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/22
Just got one. Any thoughts on this one guys?
Base 3K +buff dial + buff dw + buff hands + first link not movable.
In my opinion it has the wrong datewheel right?

Reactions: theREALgoat

Yug94

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/3/21
The center of the hands. It should not look like this. Once i receive a modded 5711 white dial and i send it back bcs of this same issue. It is very bad in real life

Cloneforlife

23/9/22
The center of the hands. It should not look like this. Once i receive a modded 5711 white dial and i send it back bcs of this same issue. It is very bad in real life
I have a PPF v4 with blue dial but I think they are look the same but the date look so bad when compare. I don’t know why. I read this topic from page 1 and see some modded watch from Buff looks nice so I decide to order once but not sure this time.

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
Just got one. Any thoughts on this one guys?
Base 3K +buff dial + buff dw + buff hands + first link not movable.
In my opinion it has the wrong datewheel right?

Looks fine to me, what exactly is the part you think not ok?
Again even gen datewheel may get 1mm off, it's torturing yourself for picking on it.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
@grillbrill how is ur thoughts friend. I saw you always recommend this seller on all the post on forum and I just got one from him.
I'm not familiar particularly with this model. Not comparing with the gen I'd say I like the watch as a whole. The sunburst of the dial and the crown are just fine for me. The date number seems a bit big for this date window, otherwise the date font looks good to me.

Reactions: Cloneforlife

Cloneforlife

23/9/22
Looks fine to me, what exactly is the part you think not ok?
Again even gen datewheel may get 1mm off, it's torturing yourself for picking on it.
The date on the gen look thinner and smaller than this one. And I think the window date should have the lighter gold color.

Cloneforlife

23/9/22
I'm not familiar particularly with this model. Not comparing with the gen I'd say I like the watch as a whole. The sunburst of the dial and the crown are just fine for me. The date number seems a bit big for this date window, otherwise the date font looks good to me.
You are right about the date number. Is it because of the date number or the date window? How to fix it? The “swiss” logo is to close to the edge. Is there anyway to fix it too?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
You are right about the date number. Is it because of the date number or the date window? How to fix it? The “swiss” logo is to close to the edge. Is there anyway to fix it too?
Hehe, to tell the truth, I could live with these possible imperfections. Anyway, your watch, not mine.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Anyone have the info on the latest batch of Buff dials, aka the ones you would get if you ordered right now? Per this reddit post the other day, the new batch is different. The blue dial looks way too blue, almost 5811 blue? Old batch on left, new batch on right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/11158xb
Yes, I noticed exactly the same thing. Fortunately I already own an older greenish blue Buff dial and I'm waiting for the release of the full 5811 rep for which the Buff 5811 dial would be a good option.

Paolo1966

Renowned Member
22/7/21
the new buff is more blue than the previous version but is very close to a batch of gen dials that are much more blue than the previous productions.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
the new buff is more blue than the previous version but is very close to a batch of gen dials that are much more blue than the previous productions.
The new gen blue attracts me not in 5711 but 5811. 🙂