• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Are you sure my friend? What do you think about this one?
0e12941151402ace35561615661f13b3.jpg

PS: mech500 please check the color of the hands, it seems like they don’t match lume dial’s indices

Congratulations for your build
one question

You have gen movement also or 3kf? If 3kf the gen hands were plug and play or some modding was needed?

Thank you

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
No. That’s a sample. He is building me a similar one. Also, there is no “buff”. Instead there are many China modders that sell “buff” parts and/or do complete builds

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

You're right sir.

I think many people have the misconception because of someone who named himself buff has been promoting BUFF factory parts and that particular dealer made his way to this forum.

the seller that named himself buff do not in any way produce the parts.

Reactions: mech500

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

​​​​​
will you reject this lume?

in general the lume on the 5711 is very poorly matching even on the genuine watches. PPF is doing a good job in my opinion on his white 5711, 3k is super Crap, (non wearable imo) ....
To reply to your question if you are not disturbed by the mismatch, no reason to panic, photos are always showing worse thing than real life on the wrist....each his own concerns, even on vintage stuff i am concern by the lume mismatch, and on your watch, it must be seen in real life, but if the difference is like this, personally i wouldn't wear it...

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
I've had a few buffs mods on hand before sending them out and I've realized that if you got the watch fully indoors without exposing it to direct light to get the lume up and running. The mismatch is not very visible. But once you have it exposed to direct light, it becomes much more obvious.

I don't know for sure, might it be the difference in surface area that causes this "mismatched" lume to be so glaringly obvious?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Watchbuff (98 Studio) haven't replied to me on WeChat since 11 May. Have you heard something about them?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I've had a few buffs mods on hand before sending them out and I've realized that if you got the watch fully indoors without exposing it to direct light to get the lume up and running. The mismatch is not very visible. But once you have it exposed to direct light, it becomes much more obvious.

Yep. That’s right. We’ve seen the same issue on many reps in the past (JF diver was like that at one point, noob LMPO, some tudors etc).

Lume is fine when the watch has just been taken out of a dark box and hasn’t had much UV exposure. But go next to a bright window for a few seconds and the mismatch becomes apparent...a relume will fix the issue. Might take a few goes to get it right. Doesn’t help that light can get around the back of hands and pass through the lume. It’s irrelevant that some gens have whiter or greener hands. What’s ugly is ugly.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
....What’s ugly is ugly.

I am surprise here sometime people are nitpicking for some very tiny details on a dial you will hardly notice with a *20 lens, but accepts some ugly lume mismatch on a modern watch, like a nautilus or aquanauts or AP....:idontno:

Reactions: gilrob

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
OK chaps, below is a stock 3Kf v2 and then the Buff (98 Studio) dial I received has been swapped in, on the wrist shots. I did have the binone datewheel, but sadly that did not work out, so date wheel is stock.

z3rZ5c.md.jpg

z38gbI.md.jpg

z38cT4.md.jpg

z3rjBX.md.jpg

z3rzRi.md.jpg

z3rLqt.md.jpg

z3r5bE.md.jpg

z3reX2.md.jpg

z3rWUn.md.jpg

Wrist shot video:

https://vimeo.com/715572266

Buff comms was fast, short and direct. I have to admit IM not a fan as he was very contradictory In what he said. For example, when I pointed out issues with the dial he showed me in the QC pic, and asked him to change it, he said too late it's been posted and he has no more, then a few hours later says OK and shows me another dial.

There is a difference in lume colour of the 3K hands, being whiter and maybe going for the Buff hands would have been a better option, but as I don't know if this will be a keeper, I did not want to invest too much in it at this point.

The cost of the dial shipped to UK was £245, ouch...

Last edited:
Reactions: j21 and grillbrill

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
I totally agree with him being very contradictory!
this is my recent story.
I place my second order from him . (Got my first watch a few months earlier)
this time he confirmed me he has stock of 3k watch and all buff parts on hand. And said it will be done within 15 days.
after a few days I paid , he then said the 3k watch is still at factory and cant ship to him yet due to convid lock down.
Another few days i checked with him, he said the factory tried to ship out again but unsuccessful.
Again a week or so after, he said 3k factory release a batch but his dealer didnt successfully got it.
now for another month , he said 3k pp are all out of stock. And dont know when he will finish the watch.

For 3 months now still nothing. I feel so bullshit.
he confirmed he got all the parts and watch. But end up all lies. He never got anything on hand.
Anyone else ordered a full watch from him recently??

Reactions: vanzhulik

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I totally agree with him being very contradictory!
this is my recent story.
I place my second order from him . (Got my first watch a few months earlier)
this time he confirmed me he has stock of 3k watch and all buff parts on hand. And said it will be done within 15 days.
after a few days I paid , he then said the 3k watch is still at factory and cant ship to him yet due to convid lock down.
Another few days i checked with him, he said the factory tried to ship out again but unsuccessful.
Again a week or so after, he said 3k factory release a batch but his dealer didnt successfully got it.
now for another month , he said 3k pp are all out of stock. And dont know when he will finish the watch.

For 3 months now still nothing. I feel so bullshit.
he confirmed he got all the parts and watch. But end up all lies. He never got anything on hand.
Anyone else ordered a full watch from him recently??

Are you talking about WeChat ID watchbuff (98 Studio)? They haven't answered me since 11 May.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
​​​​​​Anyone knows if SpongeBob can source parts(Buff hands dw dial particularly) except the modding job he is doing for a build? Or everything must be send to him?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
​​​​​​Anyone knows if SpongeBob can source parts(Buff hands dw dial particularly) except the modding job he is doing for a build? Or everything must be send to him?

Ask him, he will know the answer for sure. :p

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
The response they gave me was that they are on lockdowns still. Probably true.

They are not under lock down as i know. but which 3k watch seems to be out of stock due to the over load need of btf daytona. They thing is he lie about stock. Convid just become an excuse most recently

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I thought the eagle-eyed amongst you would have noticed the case pin sticking out on the case lug, I guess to busy starting at the mismatched lume :)

This case pin works its way out just a little over the course of wearing, and despite pushing it back in it comes out.

Any suggestions to resolve would be very welcome

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I thought the eagle-eyed amongst you would have noticed the case pin sticking out on the case lug, I guess to busy starting at the mismatched lume :)

This case pin works its way out just a little over the course of wearing, and despite pushing it back in it comes out.

Any suggestions to resolve would be very welcome

A drop of super glue?