• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
same. Waiting for some before pulling the trigger, as one is more expensive. AMF does PF bezel, 3KF movement, +PPF/Buff parts. If both looks the same then...

well if AMF is using PF/PPF and 3k parts, they may be using two base watches to make one? for the premium do you get two watches and what is done with all the extra parts?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
well if AMF is using PF/PPF and 3k parts, they may be using two base watches to make one? for the premium do you get two watches and what is done with all the extra parts?

Afaik they use one watch base and the 3KF movement.

CLS

Watchsmith
Supporting Vendor
10/12/11
Los Angeles

AMF told me they use two cases. There was no discussion of extra parts, but you may want to email them.

wracks3

Horology Curious
18/10/21
Canada
AMF told me they use two cases. There was no discussion of extra parts, but you may want to email them.

PF base + 3kf movement + ppf/buff/gen dial

or 3KF base ppf/buff/gen dial

they said PF base is preferred

wracks3

Horology Curious
18/10/21
Canada

You only get that one modded watch, and nothing else. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Two watches would soften the deal up and I might just get on with it sooner than later.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
PF base + 3kf movement + ppf/buff/gen dial

or 3KF base ppf/buff/gen dial

they said PF base is preferred
PF base meaning case? If so how do you fit the clone movement from 3KF to the case? It doesn't work like that.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
it can be possible he won't do that mod anymore.

surely if someone delivers two watches and the money to create the hybrid, a modder will assemble it?
with 3k rolling out new models and updates, most people will be happy with OOTB or just install a buff/gen dial. the demand for these hybrids pf/3k builds will decrease and modders are not going to order two watches for modding unless all payment is taken upfront.

unless the other factories get the clone 324, the way forward is 3k OOTB or with buff mods. miyota clones and hybrids will end up in m2m, back of dusty drawer or beaters.

Reactions: KilltheDeath

hosusan6

Known Member
Certified
13/11/21
London UK
surely if someone delivers two watches and the money to create the hybrid, a modder will assemble it?
with 3k rolling out new models and updates, most people will be happy with OOTB or just install a buff/gen dial. the demand for these hybrids pf/3k builds will decrease and modders are not going to order two watches for modding unless all payment is taken upfront.

unless the other factories get the clone 324, the way forward is 3k OOTB or with buff mods. miyota clones and hybrids will end up in m2m, back of dusty drawer or beaters.

My understanding is that they are working directly with the factoreis to procure the parts. so its not so much a question of having 2 watches but then ordering the individual parts that they need. This is what they told me

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
If anyone can help me order a buff date disc for the 3kf aquanaut 5167-1a please let me know! Thx

Burbizia

29/8/20
If anyone can help me order a buff date disc for the 3kf aquanaut 5167-1a please let me know! Thx

it would be great to be able to source some DW for the 324 movement....
I wish a TD put these on his site..
It would do instant cash...

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Imagine if you could just order a clone movement. Or is that what’s already done and I just set myself up for a roasting.????????????