• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW! 1675 GMT case set offering from Raffles.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
What are the bezel and insert options available for this case?

Freqflyer

Do not accept unsolicited offers
25/3/24
What is their website? When I google I see several different sites with similar names.

Thank you.

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
What are the bezel and insert options available for this case?
The bezel that comes with it is only two pieces, so it doesn't have a friction washer or function like a regular vintage bezel. The only friction would be if you mounted it low enough to rub the case. The insert is also very thin and sized more like a 16710 inserts. The entire bezel assembly is not something I've ever seen before and is only useful as a temporary solution while the replacement is in the mail.

Reactions: 1016_idiot_savant

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Cool, any decent options for the replacement other than the very expensive Vietnam ones?

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
Cool, any decent options for the replacement other than the very expensive Vietnam ones?
There are some on Ebay and also check out regular online vendors. I can't remember if the WSO bezel was incorrect or just their crystal was. I know they didn't work together, go figure. I haven't heard issues with other vendors except for a random one I bought at discount.
The rehaut is genuine sized so any crystals and bezels used for Vietnam and Milk builds will work. Final piece of advice assuming WSO is usually sized, make sure the bezel comes with the retaing ring. Some vendors sell the bezel and retaining ring separately.

Reactions: Danza1813

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
What’s the general consensus on the raffles gmt dial? I like the white version but am unsure which mark gmt dial it best represents, any ideas?

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
There are some on Ebay and also check out regular online vendors. I can't remember if the WSO bezel was incorrect or just their crystal was. I know they didn't work together, go figure. I haven't heard issues with other vendors except for a random one I bought at discount.
The rehaut is genuine sized so any crystals and bezels used for Vietnam and Milk builds will work. Final piece of advice assuming WSO is usually sized, make sure the bezel comes with the retaing ring. Some vendors sell the bezel and retaining ring separately.
WSO assembly is not very good, if you want a good thing you have to go to a Viet bezel assembly.

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
What’s the general consensus on the raffles gmt dial? I like the white version but am unsure which mark gmt dial it best represents, any ideas?
My dial is Raffles, the Mark is similar to the IV, good but not perfect, I tell you this because the Mark IV has a small difference, it is still very good and can only be noticed by an expert eye.
What would the white version be?

Reactions: 369mafia

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
My dial is Raffles, the Mark is similar to the IV, good but not perfect, I tell you this because the Mark IV has a small difference, it is still very good and can only be noticed by an expert eye.
What would the white version be?
He does a white lume version and yellow lume version of the same dial.

Reactions: EnryDJ36

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
He does a white lume version and yellow lume version of the same dial.
Ah ok, yes it's true I didn't understand you :)
I mounted the one with white indexes, the yellow ones seemed too fake to me. If you want you can make them yellow like the hands anyway. I didn't want them to turn yellow because I was replicating a 1978/1979 model so the latest products and some could fit the dial with Luminova instead of Tritium which didn't yellow over time or at least almost nothing...

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I mounted the one with white indexes, the yellow ones seemed too fake to me. If you want you can make them yellow like the hands anyway. I didn't want them to turn yellow because I was replicating a 1978/1979 model so the latest products and some could fit the dial with Luminova instead of Tritium which didn't yellow over time or at least almost nothing...
Yeah mine will be a similar era build. Like the first 16570s in 1979.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Yours looks great by the way. Mine will likely be same specs, Raffles dial, hands and case. Sternkreuz 116, Athaya 530 and Vietnam bezel

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
Yours looks great by the way. Mine will likely be same specs, Raffles dial, hands and case. Sternkreuz 116, Athaya 530 and Vietnam bezel
Perfect! You won't go wrong with this combination of pieces. If I can give some advice for the 16750, look carefully at the photos and videos because it had a little narrower CG than in the 1675, this is a photo of a first series 16750 👍

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
One more question for now giys

Which Sternkreuz 116 crystal is best for for this case

300 or 302?

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
One more question for now giys

Which Sternkreuz 116 crystal is best for for this case

300 or 302?
I tried the XS300.158 and it fitted very nicely. Correct chamfer on the side as well. But the cyclops is not in the gen spec position…
If someone knows which one is the same spec but with the cyclops at the gen position that would be nice to know.

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
I tried the XS300.158 and it fitted very nicely. Correct chamfer on the side as well. But the cyclops is not in the gen spec position…
If someone knows which one is the same spec but with the cyclops at the gen position that would be nice to know.
Try the seller "sabaec" on Ebay, I think he ships all over the world, the crystal is 25.116 the same as the original at a very low cost