• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NCchef banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
I think the concern is he has likely been passing off rep parts as gen and claiming to be franken. some parts like the dial and movements etc can easily be determined if gen or rep. but others including case, CGs, crowns, crystals are much more difficult especially if refinished well by someone.
That's one reason why I avoid sales where people claim gen parts which are pretty difficult to verify.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Wow, Seeing how I had acquired 2 Franken pieces at a great combo price literally about few days ago, I was really thinking it would have been too good to be true but I received them and they are in fact great! If only I wouldn't have received them and found about this now, that would have been a damn shame.

But thank you so much Mods for keeping the forums safe & clean! We really appreciate your hard work!

Here:

I think the concern is he has likely been passing off rep parts as gen and claiming to be franken. some parts like the dial and movements etc can easily be determined if gen or rep. but others including case, CGs, crowns, crystals are much more difficult especially if refinished well by someone. That's one reason why I avoid sales where people claim gen parts which are pretty difficult to verify.

Honestly,IF you have no idea how a gen part look like, don't even get a franken from M2M. I'm not saying that everyone is trying to scam and i've seen alot of extremely beautiful modded frankens on m2m sales. Personally, i'm interested in most of the main stream Brands and their super reps so i tend to study them thus i have some idea of how some gen parts should look like due to my OCD. If you are uncertain, try PM-ing senior members who have more experience and seek guidance. I shoot PM's to members who i regard them with more experience all the time, hoping to seek advice. Don't jump directly into the worship bandwagon and risk getting yourself a fake franken/sub-standard modded watch.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Lots of good pointers mentioned above. Bottom line is, try your best to get a 'gut feeling' on the guy you are transacting with. If you have the slightest if if feeling, walk. And on Gen parts of any kind, if you cant tell, then why the hell are you believing it. Some stuff is so close to a Gen, it takes a bit of skill and experience to tell. Are you nuts ? Ask for advise with those who know the real thing. Everyone is here to help. Jumping in blindly may not be amusing if it bites you later. Be vigilant too, if only to help others out. A good deed goes a long way.

Grom1987

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/9/14
What a shame and complete waste of talent, and all for a small amount of money!. Thank you to the mods for keeping the waters as shark free as possible.

I am the un rooted vine that grew despite its fate,
and learned a serpent in a tie and suite is still a snake.

D

d4m.test

Another sad tale. We are lucky that there are so many of the good guys in our membership. There are a whole number of people that have spotted the unusual, escalated it to the mods / admin and they in turn have served us all well by keeping this place as harmless as possible. I d'off my cap to you all. With great respect I am pleased to be part of this community.

Watch-er

17/7/14
Wow, crazy stuff. I sold a few pieces to him. He never left feedback and always shorted me a few bucks on the payment. I never made a fuss because it wasn't worth it over a few dollars, but makes a lot of sense now.

Major thank you to Mods and folks that keep things solid.

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Sorry to hear this..chef did some work for me and was really fast and decent job to boot...I guess you never really know what's in someone else's mind.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
This is Bullshit. A Witch-Hunt. Almost seems like someone (with a little pull) got their feelings hurt outside of this forum, and figured this was a good way to get back at Chef.

I personally think its messed up that a forum like this will ban a member before giving them a chance to explain their side of the story, and at least defend themselves. Of course that's why I don't spend much time on forums. I am only reading this now because a good friend brought it to my attention. Some of these posts by people who have probably never even exchanged an email with him are ridiculous.

I literally have Thousands of dollars worth of Modded, Franken, & Gen Panerai Watches. I honestly cant think of one that Chef hasn't worked on, or will work on in the near future. He will always be my go to guy for working on pams.

D

d4m.test

True on the telling his side of the story, but I got sold a "modded" PAM from his that was BS so either way its true

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
True on the telling his side of the story, but I got sold a "modded" PAM from his that was BS so either way its true

What is you definition of BS? One thing we need to remember is that these are rep watches we are dealing with. No matter how much we mod them, that fact doesn't change. I think some people in this hobby have unrealistic expectations of what a modded watch should look like, or how it should perform. You have any idea how many watches he works on? Chevy puts out a lemon every once in a while. Does that make every car they sell "BS", or Chevy as a company Crooks?

D

d4m.test

Yea when they sell watches with "gen parts" that aren't gen parts, thats not unrealistic expectations, thats called ripping people off.

That and the fact he has been banned multiple times on multiple websites, but I doubt you will be convinced

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
And they aren't gen parts because another "Pm Expert" Looked at pics to determine that? There is always 2 sides to every story. Unless its a flame thread on a forum.

D

d4m.test

Where theres smoke theres fire. Multiple accounts on mutiple sites over many years. And yea comparative pics where posted and I consulted many "pam experts" who all said the same thing

But you're just a little fanboy defender so you wont be convinced

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
What is you definition of BS? One thing we need to remember is that these are rep watches we are dealing with. No matter how much we mod them, that fact doesn't change. I think some people in this hobby have unrealistic expectations of what a modded watch should look like, or how it should perform. You have any idea how many watches he works on? Chevy puts out a lemon every once in a while. Does that make every car they sell "BS", or Chevy as a company Crooks?

Please read this thread. (http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=207982)
And try to defend your "friend". He made away with my $1000+ watch. And kept on making false promises. If he is not a crook I would say he is a lying sack of shit and that's a fact.
He replied to my PM me few days before getting band that he was working on a replacement (with another lame a$$ excuse) for my 127. But no communication since then. I have even emailed him after he got banned from here and so far no reply. I am pretty sure the mods here did not ban your "good hearted" gentleman of a "friend" from his email service as well.
If he was such an honest person he would have replied to my email and tried to sort out my issue or any other pending issues he might have.
So I without a doubt I support the admin and the moderators decision to kick his a$$ out of here. Filth like him does not belong here. If you are not happy with how things are run/done here I am sure there are other places in the world wide web where you can hang around with your "buddies".

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Where theres smoke theres fire. Multiple accounts on mutiple sites over many years. And yea comparative pics where posted and I consulted many "pam experts" who all said the same thing

But you're just a little fanboy defender so you wont be convinced

Now your calling me out? Little Fan Boy? That's the thing about these forums. People get all brave behind their computer screen or their phone app. Come to Dallas, We'll see who gets treated like a Little Boy.

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Please read this thread. (http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=207982)
And try to defend your "friend". He made away with my $1000+ watch. And kept on making false promises. If he is not a crook I would say he is a lying sack of shit and that's a fact.
He replied to my PM me few days before getting band that he was working on a replacement (with another lame a$$ excuse) for my 127. But no communication since then. I have even emailed him after he got banned from here and so far no reply. I am pretty sure the mods here did not ban your "good hearted" gentleman of a "friend" from his email service as well.
If he was such an honest person he would have replied to my email and tried to sort out my issue or any other pending issues he might have.
So I without a doubt I support the admin and the moderators decision to kick his a$$ out of here. Filth like him does not belong here. If you are not happy with how things are run/done here I am sure there are other places in the world wide web where you can hang around with your "buddies".

Douche

D

d4m.test

Now your calling me out? Little Fan Boy? That's the thing about these forums. People get all brave behind their computer screen or their phone app. Come to Dallas, We'll see who gets treated like a Little Boy.

Haha although the shithole that is the state of Texas sounds nice, Ill pass. Its a fake watch forum, calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.