• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NCchef banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Col. posted this thread in the first post of this thread but I will post it again. Please read my initial post from 2007 here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...med-Brian-(Base)-and-all-this-talk-of-Banning
and you will see what we are talking about.

I saw - and i completely understand why you guys took the necessary actions - i am shocked because he 'seemed' like a well respected member and even asset to our community, not by the actions you guys took. I applaud you all for keeping us safe. I am well aware that there is a plethora of things going on behind closed doors that we as general members dont see too often, and that behind the aesthetics of this awesome forum, we have a great group of people doing their best to keep us safe.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Sad to say, it was ugly when his supporters backed him up blindly back in the days where certain members called him out on his builds.
And I'm sad to say I have seen this time and time again, not for the last time I'm sure.
Problem is that people become afraid to speak out when they see people shot down in flames for passing on legitimate bad experiences with members. If people do not do so we (the staff) do not sometimes realise there is a problem until it's too late.

The classic example from the past was an AR guy in Germany whose name escapes me right now but time and time again folk complained, got shot down and gave up. In the end this guy vanished with a few grand in cash and around 10k in members property little of which was recovered.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
[MENTION=52234]Ruski91[/MENTION] I was highlighting your response and anticipating similar reactions by others so I took the opportunity to hammer it home for others who might think we somehow made a mistake. Thanks for helping. Lol :)

-It places the watch in the winder. It does what its told.

D

d4m.test

This and many other things that have happened since I joined 2 months ago are just sad. Sad to see people do this, sad to see people be victims, and sad to see talent/experience go to waste.

I have been here 2 months and about 3 years worth of shit has happened haha

Anyone do Panerai CG modding? HA

watch this

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
Ty to RWI staff for keeping a jerk like that away from us normal folk as a fore warning to those that would like to screw us there are members here who if provoked will find you in real life and extract their money back by any means nessessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
That's incredible ... in the past I've had some problems with Chef and his friends after raising doubts about some of his builds, but I didnt think there was such a situation behind this guy... I am astonished and perplexed. Great investigation work TB

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I had to read the first post and the link to ensure I was thinking of the right guy in NCchef (instantly associated the name with Franken PAMs) and the couple of "rogue" names he was being associated with...

I'm staggered and can't help wondering what he was building up to this time, in terms of a mega-scam, or if he has just been happily ripping people off a little bit at a time with "fake Franken" builds.

As others have said, excellent detective work by the Staff and I'm sure this is one of many we never see.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
From my late friend, the Ambassador, Offshore: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...l-compromised?p=642188&viewfull=1#post-642188

Dunno about that Col.
The biggest and the best was Bryan Pannell (Parnell) who worked as a dealer, called himself "Base" amongst other names. He was banned more times and had more re appearances than Dame Nellie Melba, on a number of fora.
The most amazing fact is he still trades at RG as Sub24G or some similar nick...the site operators are aware of him, and allow him to continue to trade.
If ever there was a setup for a major sting, this guy is it, as he is now being given credibility simply by his longevity on 1 forum.
A leopard never changes its spots!

Offshore

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
NChef had it coming. There was few sales of his watches that created doubts, especially in the secondary resale market. You can see most of his "creations" being re-dumped back into the community. Not to mention one or two of his own sales that have been doubted by seasoned members and then extinguished quickly by a small crowd of his supporters. Just look at latest sales threads.
Cudos to all mods involved in the process, thank you for lookin out for the community.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
I wont be surprised if he has proxies to help him sell his watches. What i am actually surprised at is the scale of the scam that ive just read from the history of his hanky pankies. I hope his 'supporters' have something to say.

Sent from my Super Rep iPhone using Tapatalk.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
TB, I have to apologize as I'm not able to recall all the notes on the guy. I just know it was always a shell game with with him.

To the point of others coming to the defense of these type of rip off artists it can be very difficult to sift through all the shit. Some of you know very well these things have happened many times over the years, others of you may assume if its a board sponsered dealer, seller, or modder then your safe, that's not always the case. Now sure the board will do everything to protect and help you if things go bad but its not nor ever has been a guarantee.

We've had many modders make off with funds, watches, and parts to never be seen again. Lots of excuses as to why like to much work, lost packages, you name it. Some of the most respected modders of the past have in the end ripped off members and then when exposed we get a line of members saying he's the greatest guy ever, there must be some mistake, he would never do that, he fixed my watch fast, he's the best, and blah, blah, blah. There's also dealers who have done the same, took funds and vanished and we still had some who say no couldn't be, he's the best dealer around, I bought ten watches from him, and just refuse to believe their favorite dealer would do that.

Now you also have to understand some people who get ripped off or get a crappy watch just chalk it up as a loss, never post about, and move on. Theres also those that are afraid to post negative reviews because their scared of others doubting them, or flaming them for posting about a dealer. The entire concept of this board is to help each other not get ripped off when buying a replica. So if you get bad service, a shitty watch, or the bait and switch speak up. Dont be afraid to tell everyone here whats going on. Dont worry about talking about everyones so called favorite dealer who can do no wrong. Keeping quiet not only hurts you it hurts every member here. Dont be afraid of a dealer or modder, they have a privledge to sell here and you the member have the right to voice your opinion.

Daddyoftoo

Known Member
6/2/15
Same over on RG recently (as many no doubt already know).
Scammers just seem to be targeting reps at the moment.
:(

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Base, I remember him from a long time ago. Wow crazy stuff from him but kudos to all the eyes and ears out there and our own staff for giving him the boot.

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
WOW i am stunned - this guy has been around for a long time, and lots of his modding work was praised by many. This is sad to see. So much BS going on lately. Thanks for keeping us all safe guys.

I was surprised as well to hear this but oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.