• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Awesome, my datewheel arrived today, now off to the modder to install.
abc2737c6deec072d0d29f822ff18ab1.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
sorry cant help further i have't open the watch myself. Im sure your modder/watchsmilth will have no issue in fitting it.

Do you know anyone in the thread that would know? Is the modder who installed the DW listening in her?

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Do you know anyone in the thread that would know? Is the modder who installed the DW listening in her?

So far all the pictures you seen in this thread of watches with the DWO have been installed by Spongebob

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
So far all the pictures you seen in this thread of watches with the DWO have been installed by Spongebob

Awesome, thanks! :)

Spongebob do you remember how the dial is assembled on the MKF Aquanaut? Would it be a task for a 'somewhat' noob to install the new DW on his own, assuming he has the right tools?

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Awesome, thanks! :)

Spongebob do you remember how the dial is assembled on the MKF Aquanaut? Would it be a task for a 'somewhat' noob to install the new DW on his own, assuming he has the right tools?

if this will be your first time, the real issue will be the hands. Chances to damage the pinion or the hands itself are relatively high. Removing the dial is the easy part, Double tape or screws doesnt matter.

Gen pateks with dial attached to the movement ring have side screw very easy visible. So its easy to see the tape if any. Once you have the movment and dial removed looking at it sideway you will find the way to do it.

Anyway ill clear this for you sir tomorrow.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18

Not sure about mkf, but should be similar to PF.
The dial is glued by two double sticky tape, so get like 2 thin paper on each side and pull out the dial.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
With tape/glue/feet?

If it’s on the movement holder, you may need to open the case back > take out the stem > unscrew the movement metal holding ring > take out the movement > unscrew the screw on the side to release the dial > done!

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
if this will be your first time, the real issue will be the hands. Chances to damage the pinion or the hands itself are relatively high. Removing the dial is the easy part, Double tape or screws doesnt matter.

Gen pateks with dial attached to the movement ring have side screw very easy visible. So its easy to see the tape if any. Once you have the movment and dial removed looking at it sideway you will find the way to do it.

I agree, I’ve spent more than 3 hours on the second hand (hour and minute hand is done), still couldn’t install the second hand properly :(

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Not sure about mkf, but should be similar to PF.
The dial is glued by two double sticky tape, so get like 2 thin paper on each side and pull out the dial.

I meant the Aquanaut, not Naut :)

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU

That would be awesome, thanks mate!

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
One quick question: for the minute hand, which side faces upward?

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Just install the datewheel, 10/10 (I have overlay on top of the overlay lol)
but still can’t install the second hand onto the watch haha (better get a modded if you have never work on watches before, as you can easily bend the second hand or the pinions)
712-CCBB4-7-BD1-4804-894-C-A0-A12-B8-A05-C1.jpg