• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Dear colleagues, I welcome everyone! Firstly, I want to thank all those who participated in the development and creation of the DW project for the work. Keylog74, BIONONE, @Spongebob
You have done a great and painstaking job. I read the whole thread in 2 days first) I have a few questions. I would ask you to take some time to answer. I want to tackle project 5711. Read about working out of the box ppf model. but I prefer the 3k because of the mechanism and the whiter lume on the hands and on the dial. but there is a moment with regards to lume at 12 o'clock and it is important about the clarity of the font on the dial. What do you recommend, get the 3k and ppf v4 watch face and send them to the modder for matching? but in this case the lume of the hands will be different from the lume of the dial? Then just order a couple of hours and build one out of two?) Thanks and Respect for the community!

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Dear colleagues, I welcome everyone! Firstly, I want to thank all those who participated in the development and creation of the DW project for the work. Keylog74, BIONONE, @Spongebob
You have done a great and painstaking job. I read the whole thread in 2 days first) I have a few questions. I would ask you to take some time to answer. I want to tackle project 5711. Read about working out of the box ppf model. but I prefer the 3k because of the mechanism and the whiter lume on the hands and on the dial. but there is a moment with regards to lume at 12 o'clock and it is important about the clarity of the font on the dial. What do you recommend, get the 3k and ppf v4 watch face and send them to the modder for matching? but in this case the lume of the hands will be different from the lume of the dial? Then just order a couple of hours and build one out of two?) Thanks and Respect for the community!

The PPF dial is the winner over the 3K dial. You would need a new date wheel if you use the PPF dial on a 3KF movement as the measurements are different. Even different from the gen specs.

Unfortunately it is not a direct swap - your modder has to do a bit of work of course. Think about the wrong end links on the 3KF case.

For me it is - PF base watch, (optional) PPF Bracelet, PPF dial, 3KF Movement and a lot of experimentation regarding the date wheel. Keep in mind that the clone date wheel spins in the opposite direction compared to the miyota base movement.

If you are lucky enough to find a gen DW you could experiment a bit together with a PPF dial.

Good luck.

Horology Curious
13/2/19
The PPF dial is the winner over the 3K dial. You would need a new date wheel if you use the PPF dial on a 3KF movement as the measurements are different. Even different from the gen specs.

Unfortunately it is not a direct swap - your modder has to do a bit of work of course. Think about the wrong end links on the 3KF case.

For me it is - PF base watch, (optional) PPF Bracelet, PPF dial, 3KF Movement and a lot of experimentation regarding the date wheel. Keep in mind that the clone date wheel spins in the opposite direction compared to the miyota base movement.

If you are lucky enough to find a gen DW you could experiment a bit together with a PPF dial.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the more than detailed answer! I'll go to think and give feedback.

Regards

Horology Curious
13/2/19

BIONONE

28/4/17
Hi,
I already tuned in to buy ppf v4 and 3k for experimenting, but yesterday discovered new 3k v2 with 2 dials, gray and blue. I understand that while there is little information, could you comment on your professional view? would owe you! Thank you again!

https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324-super-clone-v2.html
https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324-super-clone-v2.html

Please check the dedicated thread, mate! Everything you need to know is already written :)

Reactions: 1231

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Is this ever coming back or has it officially died? I need a date wheel for the latest PPF fingers crossed thanks

Keylog74

14/6/13
Is this ever coming back or has it officially died? I need a date wheel for the latest PPF fingers crossed thanks

This one was specific for the miyota movement that has a different number orientation/ rotation different to the clone movement. Focus as for now is on bringing the 3kf disk.

As far as I know this overlay is the only one ever made for such movement and for now is out of stock.