• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MyShittyRep (lemons only)

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Ok everybody, buckle up for the shit show I’m about to show off here. How I came into this gem is a long story, but as this is one of my most favorite RWI threads, I simply couldn’t not share this with the world.

My favorite features are the SELs of course, the bezel pip is pretty amazing, but the beautiful dial clearly takes the cake. Enjoy!

zsbQGJ.jpg

zsbBCo.jpg

zsbpLP.jpg

zsbtik.jpg

zsbCrW.jpg

zsbP7S.jpg

zsbX3Q.jpg

Last edited:

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Ok everybody, buckle up for the shit show I’m about to show off here. How I came into this gem is a long story, but as this is one of my most favorite RWI threads, I simply couldn’t not share this with the world.

My favorite features are the SELs of course, the bezel pip is pretty amazing, but the beautiful dial clearly takes the cake. Enjoy!

zsbQGJ.jpg

zsbBCo.jpg

zsbpLP.jpg

zsbtik.jpg

zsbCrW.jpg

zsbP7S.jpg

zsbX3Q.jpg

The placement on the watch pillow is just...

Reactions: RepIseek

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California

zsbQGJ.jpg

zsbBCo.jpg

zsbpLP.jpg

zsbtik.jpg

zsbCrW.jpg

zsbP7S.jpg

zsbX3Q.jpg
Holy cow… there’s just so much to enjoy with this one… wow wow wow! Thank for sharing! Lol

Love to hear the whole story some time!

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
Oh man, I wish I had some pics to contribute to this thread. I bought a lot of junk on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles back in the early 2000s.

I had an Omega Seamaster with a display caseback and a tinpot rattly clasp which promptly flooded as soon as I put my toe in the pool. I had the audacity to demand the seller repair or replace it because it had “1000ft” written on the dial.

Then I bought a 16610 Sub, and paid an extra $10 for the “stainless steel version” (which brought the total cost to $90). I guess it really was SS because the Seamaster and all the others eventually tarnished and corroded.

Much later I had one of those Winner 24hrs Daytonas and a 5-digit bluesy Sub. I remember the bluesy had lugholes and a plain navy blue dial, no sunburst. They both got tarnished and corroded.

I wish I still had pics of those old watches for a good laugh.

SoMad

Horology Curious
4/11/22

zsbQGJ.jpg

zsbBCo.jpg

zsbpLP.jpg

zsbtik.jpg

zsbCrW.jpg

zsbP7S.jpg

zsbX3Q.jpg
The end link gaps are dead giveaways...

• Haha

TheSilentSinger

I shall sing you the song of my people
Supporter
Certified
31/5/22
Maple leaves and beavers
Great thread @WolfKissed. Love to hear the stories of the lemon reps from others, kind of like their first kiss experience 😁
Here is one from me, which I received almost 20 years ago. It was gifted to me and was my very first rep. I believe it came from a little store in Canal St in NYC.

zN25Gj.jpg

zN2WA4.jpg

The original rubber strap is around somewhere. The movement still ticks after winding up despite all these years of sitting in the shadows, neglected after water condensation formed and clouded inside the crystal. A decorative plate piece in the rear had fallen off, and you could still see the remnants of the glue left behind.

timekeeperz

Horology Curious
29/8/21
USA
Anyone ever bought a rep that looked great (or terrible and you bought it anyway).. until you got it? Would love to see everyone’s “lemons” as comical relief…. I’ll start with my most beloved lemon.

Bought it while in China in 2002. It still works today but terribly so! Has so much wrong with it, it’s just hilarious and you know what? I still wear it now and
5f01a34e0adaf9b63cb8b02ab2204b61.jpg

then because sadly 99% of people have no care or no idea what you’re wearing.
0a923af134ba54e28f81a6d4f15812fe.jpg

56313344c7ebacf6b1851c1ea87f068a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought my first in Hong Kong. I thought I would buy it from a storefront on the street but the guy took me into an apartment building. We rode up this tiny elevator and went to an apartment and sat on the sofa. I thought I was going to get robbed but they brought out cases of watches. They all looked terrible but I was too afraid not to buy something. It lasted about 10 years and finally broke.

Reactions: WolfKissed

MrMarket

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/21
Cool story bro.

Here's one that my mother gave me, in the hope that she'd found a gen in a charity shop:

jZJvRF.jpg

This one belongs to a colleague of mine. I'm trying to convince him to sell it to me, but he really likes it...

ZTmMWD.png
Looks legit 😂

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
I bought my first in Hong Kong. I thought I would buy it from a storefront on the street but the guy took me into an apartment building. We rode up this tiny elevator and went to an apartment and sat on the sofa. I thought I was going to get robbed but they brought out cases of watches. They all looked terrible but I was too afraid not to buy something. It lasted about 10 years and finally broke.
What a wonderful memory!!! I’d keep that broke ass Rep forever. Watches with memories are priceless! Lol

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
That movement. 😂

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
A friend of mine gifted me a cheapie white Daytona after I said I never had one.

The bezel rotates… i’ll post pics tomorrow

crashworkz

Gentleman
Certified
14/11/22
EU
I got this one for free from another RWI member, kind of as a joke I suppose. Not even sure what it's supposed to resemble. :ROFLMAO:

zRUto3.jpg

Train1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
You have to actually own it or at least have it in your possession.
A relative just bought it for me as a xmas gift and sent me those pics. I can't stop laughing. "Umm, well, I don't believe I've ever seen one like that before. Thanks?"

Reactions: Tucker