• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MyShittyRep (lemons only)

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
tkingjr thank you! :) great examples! Great to hear that you used your Breitling daily. Also the two others - truly unique pieces. Those lemons many of us have are collectibles in their own hilarious way.

I for myself consider it great fun to laugh about my early questionable purchases :D I mean I have liked the design when I bought them and have used them a lot, so 'no regrets'. I consider them 'homages' and they are still running flawlessly and strong.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
tkingjr I love the roulette dial Panerai! A truly unique piece. Thanks for sharing!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
This horror story was a $10 or $20 rep in New York about 15 years ago.
533b39e747759ff9fa14e0836d7b534f.jpg
a9166ba8ba03be44609717ccee94c025.jpg
aff50961d9ca4bbfc396022204968b73.jpg
7d02652b9f27f97a267469f4b24eb0b5.jpg
3f1ecaecb98909b96d8e77c5dcd90958.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

is it just me or is the coronet giving me the finger?

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
tkingjr thank you! :) great examples! Great to hear that you used your Breitling daily. Also the two others - truly unique pieces. Those lemons many of us have are collectibles in their own hilarious way.

I for myself consider it great fun to laugh about my early questionable purchases :D I mean I have liked the design when I bought them and have used them a lot, so 'no regrets'. I consider them 'homages' and they are still running flawlessly and strong.

This! Exactly my sentiments… and some have hilarious stories. I’ll go back to my Folex story in a bit to tell the extended version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plaasbaas

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
is it just me or is the coronet giving me the finger?
That watch is so bad. I'm going to add the one I got from my grandfather at some point. It's a laugher, too.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California

OK for those who like the story behind the lemon. A reminder on this one... looks kinda pretty but runs oh... several hours off in a day! Lol

It’s the year 2002 and I’m in BeiJing China studying abroad. I like to go out into town and haggle to practice the Mandarin I’m learning. Mind you certain places in BeiJing are worse than NYC or Philly in regards to dudes standing on street corners with jackets full of watches they want to sell you. This time though, I’m in a street market called “Silk Alley” where all sorts of fake goods abound.. dudes hold cigarette lighters under “Louis Vouttin” hand bags as if that’s the big tell that they’re real.. every merchant grabs at your elbow to get you to stop and look at their “genuine wares”. I’m a broke college student looking for a watch as I’ve seen them about... I know NOTHING about watches at this point except Rolex is an impressive name. I stop by a guy with a table under what could only be described as a “lean to”... a tattered tent half strewn on some wood poles. He has a bunch of Rolex.. MY LORD they’re automatic even!! They look stunning to me and they appear to work marvelously. “Wu bai kuai!” He says (500 RMB)... “Tai gui le!” (Too expensive!) I proclaim, all proud of my newly found haggling skills in Chinese. He says “San bai!” (300 RMB)... I start to walk off.. I’m not even converting in my head yet that he’s offering me a watch for roughly $24 USD. I just know I’m taught to walk away from everything.. He calls out a few more prices then shouts “FUCK YOU!!”. I ignore him and keep walking.. I’ll find another watch guy in this Silk Alley for sure... In fact, I can see one in the distance so I keep walking, peeking in at other little tables of shit I don’t really care about. “Mister!... “Shien Shung” (Mr).. “Mister! OK OK”... I turn back.. the guy is running after me with a watch I had been particularly eyeballing. He runs up and says “OK OK.. Yi Bai Kuai” (100 RMB... or roughly $8). This is what I was waiting for as I neatly had a $100 RMB bill tucked in my travel wallet. I give him the bill, he hands me the watch and runs back to his stand. A guy appears at my side and says in very good English “I would have sold that to you for 50”.

Never mind I just bought a watch for $8USD... it says ROLEX and (appears to) works! I’m ecstatic! I proceed to buy three more in varying color ways. By the time I got home to the states (about a month), the other three has completely broke.. as in hands dangling at the 6 mark, crowns popping off... all but disintegrating. But this little pearl is still ticking and.. at the time... could keep time within 5 minutes on the day. So I kept it... but it’s also SO bad that any AD could spot it before you even enter their shop.. and any half witted civilian could tell as well. So into the vault of bad decisions it went, only to come out on days I feel so confident, I. Give zero f#ck$ who sees that I have the worst fake of all time on my wrist.

and that... is the story behind by favorite LEMON

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
and that... is the story behind by favorite LEMON

I don't know what your profession is, but if it has to do with story telling and writing: You're in the right place! If it's not: You can always start writing and maybe become the female J.K.Rowling. I enjoyed that! Cool story, and so well told. I want you to tell me stories when I go to bed haha :) Honestly, I felt completely drawn into the scenery. With direct speech and everything. LOVE IT!

THANK YOU :thumbsup:

edit: Can't get over it haha. This could be part of a random scene of a Konsalik novel. So much detail - love the "Louis Vouttin" hand bags :D

Last edited:
Reactions: WolfKissed

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
I don't know what your profession is, but if it has to do with story telling and writing: You're in the right place! If it's not: You can always start writing and maybe become the female J.K.Rowling. I enjoyed that! Cool story, and so well told. I want you to tell me stories when I go to bed haha :) Honestly, I felt completely drawn into the scenery. With direct speech and everything. LOVE IT!

edit: Can't get over it haha. This could be part of a random scene of a Konsalik novel. So much detail - love the "Louis Vouttin" hand bags :D

Either you are very generous with your words or I have no sarcasm meter at all. Hahah. But I’ll thank you all the same. In full disclosure, my profession is in Finance and I’ve normally not a single writing bone in my body. Haha. Perhaps I’ve mustered all the creativity I have in me for this short story because... we’ll damnit, I love a good watch story.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl

I need to put some batteries on this. I don’t recall when was the last time i wear it, but sure had it’s moments.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21

I second this notion.

I'm mostly curious if he said fuck you in Mandarin or English. :p

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
My Fifty Fathoms from DHGate has some non-hacking movement you flick your wrist hard the second hand stopps for a bit till the winder stops and continues again. But its one of my 1st reps. I cant wait until im able to order better ones. I really want this one and the blue titanium.

jHURCY.jpg
jHUfSD.jpg

Last edited: