• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MyShittyRep (lemons only)

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Anyone ever bought a rep that looked great (or terrible and you bought it anyway).. until you got it? Would love to see everyone’s “lemons” as comical relief…. I’ll start with my most beloved lemon.

Bought it while in China in 2002. It still works today but terribly so! Has so much wrong with it, it’s just hilarious and you know what? I still wear it now and
5f01a34e0adaf9b63cb8b02ab2204b61.jpg

then because sadly 99% of people have no care or no idea what you’re wearing.
0a923af134ba54e28f81a6d4f15812fe.jpg

56313344c7ebacf6b1851c1ea87f068a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtra-Crispy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/21
I had one even worse than that years ago...it's long gone now so sadly, no pics.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Cool story bro.

Here's one that my mother gave me, in the hope that she'd found a gen in a charity shop:

jZJvRF.jpg

This one belongs to a colleague of mine. I'm trying to convince him to sell it to me, but he really likes it...

ZTmMWD.png

Is the Bellini a quartz movement?

Lol why do you want that dwarf hunk? It's not even a hulk at this rate.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

I like the story behind this one Sir and kinda looks like a baby 5711 hybrid that has yet to spread it's wings out :D

Was it working when she picked it up, or did you have to do some work on it, and the main question is, is it still working :thumbsup:

Also subscribing to this thread (cool idea btw WolfKissed) in the hope to see one of the long lost POFEX models I keep reading about, someone surely has to have one in the flesh ;)

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
This horror story was a $10 or $20 rep in New York about 15 years ago.
533b39e747759ff9fa14e0836d7b534f.jpg
a9166ba8ba03be44609717ccee94c025.jpg
aff50961d9ca4bbfc396022204968b73.jpg
7d02652b9f27f97a267469f4b24eb0b5.jpg
3f1ecaecb98909b96d8e77c5dcd90958.jpg

Oh boy the NYC watches are gems of Reps Past! Haha. I almost feel like I love a bad Rep as much as a nearly perfect clone because the stories are usually better!

Reactions: DryRun

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Cool story bro.

Here's one that my mother gave me, in the hope that she'd found a gen in a charity shop:

jZJvRF.jpg

This one belongs to a colleague of mine. I'm trying to convince him to sell it to me, but he really likes it...

ZTmMWD.png

Hahaha. YES!!! Love this… there’s a weird appreciation for the truly ridiculous I have that I’m pleased others may have as well. The stories always seem better with cheep/bad reps! Thanks for sharing! Would love to know if it still works?
* I set this Date Just this morning… it’s now 2:21pm PST and it says 1:19pm. Hahaha. It’s running… just a little over an hour behind after only a few hours.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
I like the story behind this one Sir and kinda looks like a baby 5711 hybrid that has yet to spread it's wings out :D

Was it working when she picked it up, or did you have to do some work on it, and the main question is, is it still working :thumbsup:

Also subscribing to this thread (cool idea btw WolfKissed) in the hope to see one of the long lost POFEX models I keep reading about, someone surely has to have one in the flesh ;)
I like this story, too.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Oh boy the NYC watches are gems of Reps Past! Haha. I almost feel like I love a bad Rep as much as a nearly perfect clone because the stories are usually better!

This one is a gem, I bought this POS out of a suitcase on Ellis Island, I think. It's so atrociously bad. Nothing like a New York shitter.

I just acquired another terrible rep that was apparently my grandfather's, and I had no idea that he even had it. I'll post pictures of it shortly, I think it's about the same quality, lol.

Last edited:

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Hahaha. YES!!! Love this… there’s a weird appreciation for the truly ridiculous I have that I’m pleased others may have as well. The stories always seem better with cheep/bad reps! Thanks for sharing! Would love to know if it still works?
* I set this Date Just this morning… it’s now 2:21pm PST and it says 1:19pm. Hahaha. It’s running… just a little over an hour behind after only a few hours.

Lol, what movement does your DJ have in it?

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
My very first rep: I proudly present the IWC Pilot Double Chrono Top Gun!

Besides the crooked triangle at 12 o'clock and the non-functional rattrapante pusher at 10 o'clock,
the other pushers move the small hands of the chrono subdials in small increments with every push,
and my favourite feature - the 2 big seconds hands that are supposed to operate independantly
are not independant at all, it's a one-piece :D

That being said: The watch kept stopping until I realised that the seconds hand(s) were touching the
crystal from the inside. But this problem solved itself when the hand(s) just fell off a few weeks later,
and were falling around loose between crystal and dial.

A nearby watchmaker was so friendly to re-attach them and the watch runs flawlessly ever since,
and I still proudly wear it sometimes (smiling to myself)! In fact somehow I have a gut feeling that
this little Miyota movement would be one of the last to default.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
I thought it was a pretty good rep. Are there some obvious tells I didn't notice?
Give me a little time, and I might surprise you with something that will make this laughable. I'm not trying to be rude, I genuinely thought you wanted this for that reason.

Now, maybe I'm wrong and this is a version that I'm not aware of.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Date alignment seems a bit off, but might be the angle and lighting. Other than that it seems legit.
I might be wrong, but the color seems off, the crown guards are way high, the index markers are not correct, the date wheel and date window are poorly done, the bezel is t great and it's misaligned, and there's a healthy SEL gap on the bottom.

Look at the ones I attached.

fab041502885ed61d5474b64cf8c37a3.jpg
2adb0eb2ae20a7ee0b6286e36473870a.jpg
b853861c8d521a6737bccb1f0462c827.jpg

Last edited:

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Lol, what movement does your DJ have in it?

I think I can see a hamster in a wheel in there. Haha. Seriously though I’m not sure… I’ve never bothered to open her up. Makes me curious if I ever got it serviced… would it tell time within 10 seconds per day?

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
I think I can see a hamster in a wheel in there. Haha. Seriously though I’m not sure… I’ve never bothered to open her up. Makes me curious if I ever got it serviced… would it tell time within 10 seconds per day?

LMFO!!! Better start feeding him, he's running a little weak.

If you had a decent movement, I might consider service, but if the service cost more than the movement. Then, I'd just replace the movement all together and not bother with the service. I'd normally say upgrade the movement, but you don't want to do that with this piece. Well, you might, but I wouldn't upgrade, just replace.

Now, I do love that piece for what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: WolfKissed