• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My perfect franken Patek 5711 Nautilus build

UmpaHimself

7/6/12
This is unreal. I won't even ask what it cost you. Very interesting how different the gen dial is to the others. I am glad to know the BUFF dial isn't worth the hype. I appreciate the rounded corners on the indices of the BUFF but the color/look of the dial is much more important IMO.

The sad part to me is that someone in your position, who is able and willing to purchase the gen, is unable to get it. November will mark 10 years at my job, along with a new promotion I just received, I would love to commemorate with the Rolex I have always wanted. It's unbelievably frustrating that a stainless tool watch is unobtainable. I wouldn't even mind waiting on a list if I knew that meant in 2-3 months I would be able to secure the watch. I decided to purchase an Omega instead. It's arguably better value for the money and is obtainable. I wonder how long these companies can sustain this hype before they start loosing market share and people actually opt for other brands instead of "settle."

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Maybe the best rep of 5711 I've ever seen. Now I am happier but also sadder because the others seem to me even more reps! Lol.

Appreciate it, that was what we where going for :)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
This is unreal. I won't even ask what it cost you. Very interesting how different the gen dial is to the others. I am glad to know the BUFF dial isn't worth the hype. I appreciate the rounded corners on the indices of the BUFF but the color/look of the dial is much more important IMO.

The sad part to me is that someone in your position, who is able and willing to purchase the gen, is unable to get it. November will mark 10 years at my job, along with a new promotion I just received, I would love to commemorate with the Rolex I have always wanted. It's unbelievably frustrating that a stainless tool watch is unobtainable. I wouldn't even mind waiting on a list if I knew that meant in 2-3 months I would be able to secure the watch. I decided to purchase an Omega instead. It's arguably better value for the money and is obtainable. I wonder how long these companies can sustain this hype before they start loosing market share and people actually opt for other brands instead of "settle."

When the buff dials showed up, we where very disappointed as well (Well it was already obvious in QC) The hands with a bit of work, are very good though.

I agree, watch collection atm can be frustrating. I’ve been fortunate to get my hands on most of the Rolex sports models that I wanted, but the Patek was just a different story, so this was the only viable solution for me :)

Reactions: UmpaHimself

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Awesome work!

jGSuUt.gif

Reactions: 2841

UmpaHimself

7/6/12
When the buff dials showed up, we where very disappointed as well (Well it was already obvious in QC) The hands with a bit of work, are very good though.

I agree, watch collection atm can be frustrating. I’ve been fortunate to get my hands on most of the Rolex sports models that I wanted, but the Patek was just a different story, so this was the only viable solution for me :)

I am just getting started on collecting gens. I have on OG Smiley Black Bay I bought back when they were cheap. Now I'm ready to take the next step but I have no established relationship with any AD. It's tough.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I am just getting started on collecting gens. I have on OG Smiley Black Bay I bought back when they were cheap. Now I'm ready to take the next step but I have no established relationship with any AD. It's tough.

Yeah, i was lucky enough to start a couple of years ago, before the watchworld went absolutely mad :)

Reactions: UmpaHimself

mjmj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
3/11/09
This is amazing! Well done on your journey and hard work

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Amazing build, as usual mate, congrats, it looks awesome

Zingari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/19
It's amazing how the dial varies across the years the Gen Nautilus was in production. They seem to have had the blue/grey, deep blue and then a matt finish? All said this build is an impressive watch. well done

davkra

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/22
That’s one of the most thorough rep frankens I have seen lately. Wear in good health

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I am in awe. Really very great build, hats off!

Is it possible to fit ppf dial on 324 clone movement?

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Thanks bud

yep, you can use the PPF dial without issues

Alright, thanks that is excellent! Your project has inspired me to do a little remodeling of my 3kf blue dial..!
I saw your ad, and missed grabbing the Buff dial. Do you still got the PPF dial available and want to sell?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you go about to purchase these items from Buff?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Alright, thanks that is excellent! Your project has inspired me to do a little remodeling of my 3kf blue dial..!
I saw your ad, and missed grabbing the Buff dial. Do you still got the PPF dial available and want to sell?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you go about to purchase these items from Buff?

Well like i write in the review, the Buff dial is not good, i would go with the PPF dial instead :)

Sorry, all the leftover parts are sold (Have your TD source you one)

I got in touch with Buff on wechat (There is a tread about this) But just be aware, the quality control is bs, and out of all the parts we got, the only thing worth using was the hands.

Reactions: Wacht

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Well like i write in the review, the Buff dial is not good, i would go with the PPF dial instead :)

Sorry, all the leftover parts are sold (Have your TD source you one)

I got in touch with Buff on wechat (There is a tread about this) But just be aware, the quality control is bs, and out of all the parts we got, the only thing worth using was the hands.

Alright, I see! I'll try source a PPF dial and perhaps Buff hands then. Thanks for your input.