• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My concealed carry.. What's yours?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
My EDC (can't say CC, because I open carry) when I'm home.
IMG_3320_zpsc3785ab1.jpg

My EDC if I have to go to Gary, In.
IMG_3321_zps2c1b2b18.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
That's pretty small. What cal.?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
.38 spl +P. ;)

I've never seen a new pistol or revolver that wasn't capable of handling +P. That's not something people generally add when they talk about the chambering of a firearm, because pretty much anything made in the last few decades is rated for it.

idontknow

Respected Member
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I've never seen a new pistol or revolver that wasn't capable of handling +P. That's not something people generally add when they talk about the chambering of a firearm, because pretty much anything made in the last few decades is rated for it.

+1000

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Not really CC related, but I'm getting a new Shotgun today! Will post a thread with pics when it arrives.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

What is +P ?

Not really CC related, but I'm getting a new Shotgun today! Will post a thread with pics when it arrives.

Congrats!

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Does +P stand for + power or +propellant? Either way +p is the designation given to ammunition that is "hotter," or loaded with more gunpowder to increase the speed, and resulting force on impact, of the bullet.

Edit: never mind, I looked it up. It actually stands for "+pressure" or "overpressure" ammunition. And also I'm not sure it involves the use of more propellant than standard loads. I'm not as smart as I think I am.

idontknow

Respected Member
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
As a rule....

Per SAAMI (IIRC)-

+P is 10% over SAAMI spec

+P+ is greater than 10% over SAAMI spec (though I don't think SAAMI recognizes +P+)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpressure_ammunition"]Overpressure ammunition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Got my new shotty. It has it's own thread, but here's a pic. It's not done being accessorized yet:

2usegenu.jpg

a4a2u5y5.jpg