• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

OI812

17/3/06
Can't go wrong there, CW have never made a bad watch in their lives. The World Timer is probably the best value watch on the market right now.
Promised I'd report back regarding the "Olko" Steinhart.....

Not exactly what I thought I was buying (dial/bezel color is a dark royal blue...see pics) However, I really like the watch. The Seleta GMT elabore is flawless so far..... close to COSC and the jump
GMT/movement feels rock solid.

Had to modify it a bit to my liking. Added a cyclops for obvious reasons and modified a small caseback and glued it to the existing caseback to thicken the case. Keeps the crown from rubbing my wrist and ends the "pancake" feeling. I will install a 22mm SEL Oyster shortly. I plan on using the existing Steinhart clasp or possibly a Glide-Lock.

This watch is by far my favorite Steinhart of the 4 I've owned/own. I've never seen a dial/bezel insert this deep of a blue color. The watch feels/wears like a 42mm 1675....

OI812

17/3/06
Promised I'd report back regarding the "Olko" Steinhart.....

Not exactly what I thought I was buying (dial/bezel color is a dark royal blue...see pics) However, I really like the watch. The Seleta GMT elabore is flawless so far..... close to COSC and the jump
GMT/movement feels rock solid.

Had to modify it a bit to my liking. Added a cyclops for obvious reasons and modified a small caseback and glued it to the existing caseback to thicken the case. Keeps the crown from rubbing my wrist and ends the "pancake" feeling. I will install a 22mm SEL Oyster shortly. I plan on using the existing Steinhart clasp or possibly a Glide-Lock.

This watch is by far my favorite Steinhart of the 4 I've owned/own. I've never seen a dial/bezel insert this deep of a blue color. The watch feels/wears like a 42mm 1675....

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17
So glad to see this thread thriving haha. I have been impressed with a lot of these new releases in the last couple seasons.

The Lorier Falcon v3 doesn’t disappoint, the Helm Vanuatu Titanium is sweet too. @daytona4me i hope you get one soon!

The only brand I think missed a little bit this season is Unimatic; nothing new except some rehashed colorways.

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17
I'm not really sure if Zodiak watches qualify for a micro brand. They certainly have huge history but seem to be one of the often overlooked Swiss manufacturers. So I present this as my current object of obsession.
I am sitting on my hands as i really cant afford one at this moment in time 🙃.
The Zodiak Olympos Field, i particularly like the green dial.
I’d say new Zodiac kinda flies as a micro since they’re distinct from og Zodiac (and can’t make the og sea wolf anymore). I checked out their ceramic SSW and really liked it.

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17
I like the look of the new Christopher Ward 'Twelve'. Quite similar to the new IWC Ingenieur for around a tenth of the price! I have been thinking about putting a pre-order in but still unsure. If a factory would make a good rep of the new Ingenieur it would certainly be something to consider too!
Yeah the Cward 12 is kinda growing on me… just like the new ingenieur 😅😅 I might have a good amount of explaining to do to the wife if I keep staring for too long

Scotchlover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/17
Sorry for the double post, not sure what I did. Mod please delete if possible.

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17
So I’ve been thinking about a 1016 build for a little bit, but I’m also leaning towards just keeping it simple and going with the Lorier Falcon S3. I’ve been on the fence about getting it for a while. Decisions, decisions…

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
So I’ve been thinking about a 1016 build for a little bit, but I’m also leaning towards just keeping it simple and going with the Lorier Falcon S3. I’ve been on the fence about getting it for a while. Decisions, decisions…

That Falcon looks neat...

GMT+9Tokyo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/20
Germany

That salmon dial is looking 🔥
Very nice release! Does anyone know more about the Yema "in house" movements yema2000? On the website, it only says designed and assembled by yema. Would you say that's actually in house if they actually produce the parts in China or wherever?