• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

Kinty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/19
UK
I like the look of the new Christopher Ward 'Twelve'. Quite similar to the new IWC Ingenieur for around a tenth of the price! I have been thinking about putting a pre-order in but still unsure. If a factory would make a good rep of the new Ingenieur it would certainly be something to consider too!

OI812

17/3/06
What do you guys think of Ginault? I think they'd be very interesting at +/- $700/$800....pretty overpriced at retail IMOP.

phelan771

1/2/14
What do you guys think of Ginault? I think they'd be very interesting at +/- $700/$800....pretty overpriced at retail IMOP.
You can consider the Davosa Ternos Ceramic. Its cheaper than Ginault and is a good homage to the submariner

phelan771

1/2/14
Check out SAS watch Company especially their new 1919 Anniversary watch but unfortunately this model is totally sold out

AggressiveTiger

Supporter
28/4/23
USA
Haven't seen Zelos come up here yet. They are (and have been) doing some really interesting thing with unique materials, including tantalum, crystallized titanium, and timascus.
2021-05-03_ZelosSwordfish40andBronzeBracelet26185MR_1200x.jpg

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Stumbled on this.......

Steinharts apparently are super solid watches. Especially considering how they are priced. Never owned one, but over on the German forums they keep raving about them.

Reactions: OI812

OI812

17/3/06
Steinharts apparently are super solid watches. Especially considering how they are priced. Never owned one, but over on the German forums they keep raving about them.
I've had a couple before, still have the 44mm GMT. They're very nice for the $ invested....Seleta or ETA movements, etc. My 44 has actually increased in value as I bought it right.

This one just spoke to me 😉..... good deal as well. Seleta GMT movement (big plus) and apparently it's a rare watch made especially for OLKO watch. I just bought it yesterday so I haven't done much due diligence.

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I've had a couple before, still have the 44mm GMT. They're very nice for the $ invested....Seleta or ETA movements, etc. My 44 has actually increased in value as I bought it right.

This one just spoke to me 😉..... good deal as well. Seleta GMT movement (big plus) and apparently it's a rare watch made especially for OLKO watch. I just bought it yesterday so I haven't done much due diligence.
I have to say, what they really have mastered is the art of building homages that totally capture the essence of the original while keeping their own brand's identity. Anyone who is somewhat familiar with Steinhart's models would be able to pick them out in a line up with homages from other brands with the logos removed. Not easy...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
yeah, I'm not a huge Steinhart fan but they do make a solid watch.

OI812

17/3/06
yeah, I'm not a huge Steinhart fan but they do make a solid watch.
I really am not either, very rarely wear the 44mm GMT. I've owned a couple of others and quickly flipped em.

However, the combo of the lighter blue dial/bezel/GMT plus a quality gmt movement swayed me to try again.... will report back upon receiving the watch.

Nebari

Excuse me, do you have the time?
Supporter
Certified
3/5/23
Colorado
I like the look of the new Christopher Ward 'Twelve'. Quite similar to the new IWC Ingenieur for around a tenth of the price! I have been thinking about putting a pre-order in but still unsure. If a factory would make a good rep of the new Ingenieur it would certainly be something to consider too!
I think a Christopher Ward is going to have to be my next gen purchase. The C60 Trident Bronze has such a cool dial and based on the specs, should wear close to my Railmaster which is a great size. Technically this is a tad over $1k so I'm breaking the rules here, but just look at it...:love:

Reactions: kidcreole

phelan771

1/2/14
I think a Christopher Ward is going to have to be my next gen purchase. The C60 Trident Bronze has such a cool dial and based on the specs, should wear close to my Railmaster which is a great size. Technically this is a tad over $1k so I'm breaking the rules here, but just look at it...:love:

Wow. This is a watch worth looking at. What kind of material did they use for th dial or is it just a print?

phelan771

1/2/14
Haven't seen Zelos come up here yet. They are (and have been) doing some really interesting thing with unique materials, including tantalum, crystallized titanium, and timascus.
2021-05-03_ZelosSwordfish40andBronzeBracelet26185MR_1200x.jpg
This Zelos watch is singing to me....if it was in rose gold my order would have been placed alreaady.

Reactions: AggressiveTiger

Nebari

Excuse me, do you have the time?
Supporter
Certified
3/5/23
Colorado
Wow. This is a watch worth looking at. What kind of material did they use for th dial or is it just a print?
They don't state the material, only that each dial is hand distressed for uniqueness, so def not a print. I've been itching for a bronze case watch, IMO the bronze/blue combo is bigtime classy

OI812

17/3/06
Here's the 44mm GMT....

Haven't worn it much or in years. I think if it had a taller and slightly domed crystal and a more modern Rolex style ceramic bezel insert I would really like it.

As is the crystal sits too flat to the bezel for such a wide case. "Pancakes" the watch IMOP. The original insert is "reflective" and I'm not crazy about it.

It is a pretty high quality watch, especially for the $$. I haven't worn it in a looooong time and it's not been on a winder. Cranked right up and is keeping excellent time.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I think a Christopher Ward is going to have to be my next gen purchase.
Can't go wrong there, CW have never made a bad watch in their lives. The World Timer is probably the best value watch on the market right now.