• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I love what Kurono and Kuoe do in Japan. Being a big fan of Japan in general, I love purchasing their watches. High quality without Switzerland's snobism but much more innovative for the last 20 years. And when it comes to microbrand, they are good in the game too.

https://clickpix.org/image/IMG-3631-1-JPG.K4VRGJ https://clickpix.org/image/HMPG-C3.K4VNCo https://clickpix.org/image/34mm-202...n-d381bc3a-bde8-45bc-aa11-6b52a14f71a5.K4VEik
Nice ones, although Kurono doesn't really qualify for the "under a grand" category. While I do love the craftsmanship of their dials, the generic specification of the movement barely is on par with it.

jetsby1

Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
NYC
I absolutely life microbrands! I wish they were already around or that I just simply discovered or learned more about them while I was still in college. I really like Furlan Marri, Kuoe, Baltic and Brew right now.

DJ16013

Bettarini Case Fanatic
Supporter
Certified
8/8/11
EU - Italy
I like this trend. I think it is driven by the swiss mafia keeping on increasing prices out of pure "status" and I hope Microbrands will suck enough money to create something akin to what happened in the 80s.
Fingers crossed.

Moucrade

Lord Moucrade
19/5/24
Paris
Nice ones, although Kurono doesn't really qualify for the "under a grand" category. While I do love the craftsmanship of their dials, the generic specification of the movement barely is on par with it.
Unfortunately, Kurono is getting more and more expensive. But quality is there. Yema as well if I have to speak about my country. Their model under a grand are charming, and the most expensive ones are surprisingly great. For the same quality, you pay 10x if it's Swiss

Gadster

Getting To Know The Place
30/10/23
USA
Bought a helson. The watch couldn’t keep time out of the box. Tried contacting and no reply after nearly a week. I’d rather take my chances with a rep. Cool watch tho. Buyer beware.
helson finally reached out and is shipping a replacement watch. Took a long time for them to respond and I still haven’t recieved. With that said, I wanted to update my previous post where I mentioned buyer beware. They appear to stand by their product.

APlover_JFbankaccount

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/1/23
New York

Nerd at heart and have been mesmerized by meteorite dials, came across this watch from Selten, newer company that had a kickstarter going and I decided to give the little guy a chance. Meteorite dial, miyota movement, day night indicator on dial. I’m impressed and love the dial obviously, it’s why I bought the watch.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I want it so bad

seconde_francaise_specs.webp

mouvement_16b7cb75-c8b8-4775-b52b-9d8b1de3a3cd.webp

Last edited:

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I must admit, at first I was put off by Beaubleu's hands design, but slowly I start appreciating their hypnotizing beauty.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
And this flying seconds hand...
I have their initial model, time is longer to read, but who cares ? This grace in the hands movement...

• Love
Reactions: Karbon74 and Feefo

nickelodeon

DIY and vintage enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
5/4/22
I don't always like the designs but they have a very fair price point.
Yes, I see your point, the design has literally a few corners and edges and is a bit controversial. For me, this makes it interesting.

Reactions: Feefo