• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Master Ultra Thin Réserve de Marche

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Quick update. I hadn't been wearing my watch due to poor strap fitment. I was unable to locate an eXtra Small strap anywhere short of having it custom made for several 100s of dollars, which I didn't think made sense for a rep.

I reached out to Ryan of InTime where I got the watch and he told me what just the strap would cost me, which would be about $30 though I don't know if that would include shipping (probably not). In any case, that gave me the confidence to punch holes in my existing strap.

I procured this punch tool for about $10:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FXLNLES?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

The smallest hole is 2mm, which appears about 50-75% bigger than the stock holes, but it worked like a charm nonetheless. I punched two holes, but really needed only one. No biggie.

Point is, I can now wear my watch!

I find it weird when people wear their watches before the wrist bone :)

File_002.jpg

supertweet

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/6/08
Has anyone else replaced their straps yet? Did you purchase 21 or 22mm? As written before, my 21mm came in and was too short between the lugs. I think it was a manufacturing error or a bad company, as I measured and the lug width is indeed 21mm.

Should I go 22mm, or risk 21mm again?

rearwheeldrive

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/15

Thank you for sharing your preference.

I choose to wear my watches this way because I am both active and flexible. When the watch is too close to the hand, the crown can dig in the back of my hand when my wrist flexes.

KoDe

Looking Around
6/3/16
Hi there, I'm new to the forum.
Is self winding supposed charge the power reserve indicator in this watch?

rearwheeldrive

5/12/15
Is self winding supposed charge the power reserve indicator in this watch?

That is a great question. Would someone notice the power reserve go up solely through self-winding?

I guess I just assumed "yes". However, I ran an accidental experiment the other day that did not prove that conclusively. The other morning I decided to wear my JLC and the reserve was drained for several days of not wearing it. I pumped the reserve to 10 and strapped it on. By late afternoon that same day, the reserve was still at 10. Granted I work in an office and don't necessarily move that much. But it's a data point.

KoDe

Looking Around
6/3/16
I have mine for about two months but have not been wearing it much. Self winding does not move the power reserve indicator, but when completely unwound it can start the seconds dial. That's a bit strange isn't it?

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Guys, could someone enlighten me with some answers:

1. Does the Power indicator actually works as you manually wind / let your activities do the work?
2. Does the date system also works? :))
3. What is the purpose of the small-button-thing near the crown?
4. How reliable is A23J movement regarding power reserve and ticking noise?

Sorry if my questions sound silly due to lack of knowledge in "chrono-like" functions on dial.

Peter Pan

29/1/13
I can't answer all your questions but I know that the small button below the crown is for the date indicator. If you push it with a toothpick for example, you can set the date.

EddyG

4/3/15

But it's the "right" way to wear a watch ;) Just after the ulnar head to keep some flexibility when moving the wrist.
My 2 cts.

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
So the power reserve indicator is a dead thing aka useless?

Having just purchased this watch I can tell you that the PR indicator does move with automatic winding on the wrist as well as manual winding.

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
So the power reserve indicator is a dead thing aka useless?

Having just purchased this watch I can tell you that the PR indicator does move with automatic winding on the wrist as well as manual winding.

EddyG

4/3/15
I started poking around the interwebs in search for a shorter strap. I haven't struck gold yet. Any tips appreciated. Heck, I'm tempted to punch a couple of extra holes in my existing strap and see what happens.

For measurements, on my rep I see: 21mm wide at lugs, 18 mm wide at clasp. 119 mm long on holes side, and 75 mm long on the other side.

Hi Guys,
Most of you talk about 21mm lug size but seems weird...
My GEN was supplied with a 19mm as shown in the pic.
As they changed the dial from mine to current one, did JLC (and so the REP makers) change the lug width/case shape as well???

SkszO6F

8R5ERMj.jpg