• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Master Ultra Thin Réserve de Marche

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Hi!

I believe this is a new product. What are the views about it in terms of accuracy to the gen?

Master Ultra Thin Réserve de Marche RG Silver Dial on Brown Leather Strap A938
http://www.puretime.watch/product/m...e-rg-silver-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a938/

Video:
http://www.replicawatchvideo.com/jlc2015090801_48b821ba7.html

Rep:
JLC2015090901-01_enl.JPG

JLC2015090901-02_enl.JPG

JLC2015090901-07_enl.JPG

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
How 'ultra thin' is it?

Better n' Reverse

Known Member
18/8/15
Just from some quick comparison I would say it has a few little things that are off... The Date Dial is not at the right rotation since the 2 Oclock marker is pointed at the 4th and not the 5th. The 2 Oclock and 3 Oclock markers are too short and stubby unlike the Gen's that are almost as long as the the rest. The angle on Power Reserve Indicator is also slightly off since the R in "Reserve" should start directly under the 0 in the dial and the E in "Marche" should be almost underneath the 4 on the dial. There is a few more tiny things like the font boldness but I dont think anyone notice that or even the things I pointed out more then likely...

Farslayer

Known Member
19/4/13
new version is out:

[h=1]Master Ultra Thin Réserve de Marche SS ZF Best Edition Silver Dial on Black Leather Strap A938[/h]http://www.puretime.watch/product/master-ultra-thin-rserve-de-marche-ss-zf-best-edition-silver-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a938/

Fixed the Reserve de Marche starting point, but the dial placements and 2/3 hour hands are still very bad... Would have loved this watch though...

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
if you mean the hour markers of 2 and 3 o clock, that will not be fixed unless they come out with a new movement.

supertweet

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/6/08
Does anyone know the lug widths? I've just ordered this watch, and would love having a decent strap arrive when it does. I'd assume perhaps 20mm or 18mm...?

miniatureone

Renowned Member
16/7/14
Despite the flaws identified above in this thread, I like the look of this watch and just pulled the trigger. I'll give you my impressions once I receive it.

BTW, it looks like the hour marker at 3 is a bit longer with the Dec 15 version. Per the pics anyway:
http://www.intime.co/jaeger-lecoult...-silver-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a938.html

Looking forward to pictures and your thoughts. Honestly, when I first look at the watch it seem like a great product. It's not going to fool anyone looking at pictures side to side but I'm thinking it'll pass the basic eye test in real life.

terry777

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/15
Great looking watch, considering the rose gold version, hope you post some pics. Exceptional design.

rearwheeldrive

5/12/15
Just got the QC pics which I'm posting here not in an attempt to get feedback but rather to answer the call to post pics:

IMG_6065.jpg

supertweet

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/6/08
Lovely wrist shot Iceman, and congrats RWD. I too ordered one, a few weeks ago. Due to an ordering snafu, delivery's TBD, but I'm eagerly anticipating it.

I've admired the RDM since it's previous generation, for some years now, and found the 2012 redesign even more attractive. I'm so excited, having re-entered this hobby a few months back, and to see this rep.

Iceman, how's the wrist "presence"? Does it come across as subdued yet elegant as the originals? Any observations/complaints/quirks?

Thanks.

iceman767

Known Member
20/10/12
The one I have on is a gen.
Wrist presence is awesome. Stealthy classy and 70s retro look to it. Difficult to dress down so I'll recommend a nato strap if worn with jeans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rearwheeldrive

5/12/15
On iceman's gen, I notice what others have been talking about: the hour marker at 2 is pointed at 5, not at 4 as in my QC pic. Also, both 2 and 3 markers appear stubbier in the rep. This seems to be caused by the sub-dial being too far right on the rep, which as someone indicated, may be a side effect of the underlying movement's physical characteristics.

supertweet

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/6/08
For those considering this piece, my TD informed that lug width is 21mm. I don't yet know the deployment width for replacing the strap, but hopefully someone shares.

Once I receive mine, I'll post.

terry777

6/12/15
Thanks for the QC pics, I ordered the rose gold best edition last week, waiting for QC pics. This piece is very close to the GEN, unless you look very close only minor differences.
Im hoping the strap is decent. Gen has deeper engraving also.