• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

made "The Decision" - pics

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
Once I saw that Lebron James was wearing this baby on his ESPN primetime decision special ( http://www.luxist.com/2010/07/09/lebron-james-wearing-his-audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-volc/ ) I had to have one. (well a rep at least...)

Got this from Hont, and I really like it. Probably my new favorite watch. It has a really solid/heavy feel to it, and I think it looks great. Much bigger than I thought it would be too. I always end up reaching for watches with steel bracelets, so I went with that instead of the leather. Hont was great about getting that for me.

My only complaint is that the sec @ 12 is pretty "jumpy". I've read here that it's pretty common, and actually seems to keep getting better the more I wear it....

Anyway, I'm "taking my talents to the camera". What do the experts think?

DSC_0441-001.jpg

DSC_0443-003.jpg

DSC_0442-002.jpg

DSC_0444-004.jpg

DSC_0445-005.jpg

D

d4m.test

That's one "heavy-lookin'" watch you have acquired, BigDeal. Looks nice & heavy, as you described. Beautiful, too! Congrats and good luck with it!!

dave

INeedaWatch2

Renowned Member
5/11/09
Now you need the Lebron James croc strap to go with it lol. Looks great wear it well!

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/10
Nice watch!

Does it have the silver outlines around the numerals?

Imaknockov

18/1/11
Hi bigdeal.

First off, congratulations on your new acquisition; the Volcano is one of the nicest APs out there. If your seconds hand is jumpy, I'd have it serviced by one of the resident experts on the forum. This way you're assured of having your watch in good working condition for a long time to come.

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
Thanks for the compliments everyone

Now you need the Lebron James croc strap to go with it lol. Looks great wear it well!

I would, but I just know I'd wouldn't wear it as much...
Congrats!! welcome to the Volcano club!! Here is a pic of mine:

How do you guys get such nice wristshots? When I try to do that it comes out horrible. Do you have someone else taking the picture?

Nice watch!

Does it have the silver outlines around the numerals?

Yup, hard to see in the pics, but it does...

Hi bigdeal.

First off, congratulations on your new acquisition; the Volcano is one of the nicest APs out there. If your seconds hand is jumpy, I'd have it serviced by one of the resident experts on the forum. This way you're assured of having your watch in good working condition for a long time to come.

Yeah, probably will do that eventually. Once the newness wears off and I won't miss it for a while...

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Great looking watch, big. I wish I could talk myself into getting an AP, they're just too small for me. But it's a damn fine timepiece.

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
Great looking watch, big. I wish I could talk myself into getting an AP, they're just too small for me. But it's a damn fine timepiece.

I thought they looked small in the pics too, but this thing wears big... I'd say bigger than a DSSD...

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
:facepalm: don't tell me that... now I'll have to try one!!! :lol1:
BTW, the bracelet was the right choice... I think if I get one, it'll definitely be on one as well.

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
very nice watch ... I need one for sure ...

But is it the latest model with the correct Orange Dial Tachy color ?...

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
I've been on the fence about one of these for a while too... Nice choice BD - looks great!

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
One of my favourite AP's, great choice on the SS band! You'll enjoy this beast :)

skipow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/10
I have had one for a few months now and i love it! Also was inspired by LBJ.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
enjoy your new watch, it is nice....get AR on it and it will even be nicer..just look at Fitis vulcano.