• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which dealer's Sub/SD bracelet is the BEST?

seadweller3

Known Member
3/11/07
Wondering who's bracelet is the best quality. There seems to be a wide disparity in the quality of different bracelets from different dealers out there? Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. :D

yt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/06
People seem to like the Noobmariner bracelet...

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
I'd agree, the noob bracelet is nice. Has the hollow mid-links, nice fit and finish. There's nothing wrong w/ my solid mid-link rep bands, but the noob is more accurate.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
The noob is the best I've had my hands on. But with a little work you can make most the same. BTW I know I didn't vote but I'm choosing your avatar as "Best in Class" That girl is distractingly hot. Who is she? I'll take her over Higgy's smoking baby any day.

Sean K

pman

Known Member
28/6/06
I've had the Noob, VIPmarier, MBW and Super Sea Dweller. I personally think the Super Sea Dweller is the best. And it has hollow midlinks. I've got three guys in my office that have real Rolexs. I think the Super has the closest finish and tone.

DuDro

3/8/06
pman said:
I've had the Noob, VIPmarier, MBW and Super Sea Dweller. I personally think the Super Sea Dweller is the best. And it has hollow midlinks. I've got three guys in my office that have real Rolexs. I think the Super has the closest finish and tone.

Interesting...From most of the reviews that I've read about the SSD, it appears that the bracelet is the weakest part of the watch. Perhaps you lucked out on yours...

Bluey

Horology Curious
7/12/07
On a very slight tangent anyone know where I can get a folded link bracelet? I've not come across any reps, anywhere.

And who does the best riveted strap?

Cheers :)

GA400

6/6/07
DuDro said:
pman said:

Interesting...From most of the reviews that I've read about the SSD, it appears that the bracelet is the weakest part of the watch. Perhaps you lucked out on yours...

DuDro,

I lucked out too apparently. I got my SSD from Silix and asked Jay to make sure it didn't have clasp problems or stripped screws. The bracelet is the best looking oyster I have had and is extremely comfortable - has a nice "drape" to it, if you know what I mean. I have had Josh's beginmariner and several other reps on oysters, none of them were even close to this one.

Cheers

GA400

JohnnySac

10/9/06
I strongly concur.
I recently got a SSD from River and the bracelet is almost the centerpiece of the watch's beautiful brilliance.

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
I have the Ult-SD from Andrew and it's wonderful. Bracelet is fantastic. I bought another from Klinks friend which is exactly the same. Both a very nice and Bracelets are killer.

The finish on both is very nice. I cleaned both and wipped down with Mothers (Lux-brand) instand car wax and the finished product is spot on.

Matt

JohnnySac

10/9/06
Exactly. The best part of the SSD'd bracelet is the SEL. Look at it closely and you will know why this bracelet is the best.

gioarmani7428

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/06
From my experience, the newbmariner bracelet. But the clasp leaves something to be desired--old clasp ID markings & poor engraving--shows through too much on the other side. Put the clasp from Josh's sub on the Noobmariner bracelet--perfect. Newer clasp codes, better stamping, etc.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
I for one have always had great luck with the Silix bracelets.

And Silix offers a rivited on as well.

predfan2001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/07
Be carelful with the riveted. The screws are known to come loose. My personal favorites are the solid link oysters from Silix. Right or wrong I like the feel of the extra weight and they feel stronger.