• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Liquidmetal PO

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Ok, here's what I've gathered:

1) The Zr02 designation apparently was on the first Liquidmetal gen run. The 2012 watch, which I tried on last week does not have that.

2) The 2012 version has a highly polished gloss dial. Available in both Blue and Black. I'm not sure what the first run Liquidmetal Zr02 had, since I've never seen one in the flesh. Also, I'm not sure if the Zr02 had raised numerals.

3) The 2012 version is available in both Chrono and 45mm, but I believe this larger model is only available in blue. I tried all three watches on in the Venice Italy boutique last week. They are fantastic and look a million times better than the regular PO.

4) All the Liquidmetal watches weigh considerably less than their PO counterparts due to the titanium. I'd say that they weigh half as much. It's quite noticeable.

5) Hont's version isn't that far off, but the bezel tick marks are too close to the white inner stripe. They almost touch. Apart from this, and the pearl I'm not sure how far off this rep really is. It's by far their best effort.

Good points bomba, I think there are lots of people mixing up liquid metal releases of the new PO with the ceramic offerings, they are different beasts, the ceramic PO has nothing to do with liquid metal and vice versa. The original 2500 LM PO had a very glossy charcoal coloured dial.

Honts version is pretty good, I have one on the way to have a look at it, you're right the bezel is horrendous, on the flip side the dial is excellent!

...also not sure that the new PO's look a million times better than the old PO's, they certainly look more stunning and striking and have much better attention to detail in finish, the movement is cool also but new omega models are a little more 'blingy' at the same time overall....definitely a more toolish look to the old PO and that is not a bad thing! Both great watches though!

;)

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Just to clarify, my "million times better comment" is comparing the 2012 PO and the 2012 Liquid Metal. Not the old version of the PO.

In fact, I think I like the old PO chrono better than the new one. (apart from the amazing movement, of course).

Side by side, the new liquid metal next to the standard new PO is like putting a canal street special next to a super rep of the same watch.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Cool, they are a couple of thousand dearer but would love to try one, the titanium would make it a nice weight also. If that's how it compares to the new POs it will be interesting to see the actual reps :D

poti4.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yeah I don't like the ZrO2 but guess is does stand for zirconium dioxide, can't wait for an accurate 45mm version

Scarface

1/3/11
Guys i have the gen liquid metal PO and the rep is very shoddily made
0bf4676e.jpg

Firstly the hour indices are raised , the dial in the gen shines like glass as its a ceramic dial hence the ZRO2 on the dial , the bezel is also very shiny as its a ceramic with liquid metal fillings of the numbers and markers , this watch has to be seen in real to appreciate its beauty
Imo this model is going to be very hard to replicate correctly as the dial in the rep is matt, the bezel is way off only the caseback seems to be nice

Sent from my ?

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Damn Right!

Guys i have the gen liquid metal PO and the rep is very shoddily made
0bf4676e.jpg

Firstly the hour indices are raised , the dial in the gen shines like glass as its a ceramic dial hence the ZRO2 on the dial , the bezel is also very shiny as its a ceramic with liquid metal fillings of the numbers and markers , this watch has to be seen in real to appreciate its beauty
Imo this model is going to be very hard to replicate correctly as the dial in the rep is matt, the bezel is way off only the caseback seems to be nice

Sent from my ?
\

^^True DAT
You nailed it bro!
Nice timepiece wear in good health!

clkgtr37

Known Member
14/7/10
I'm sorry to say it, but Omega has stepped up their game in the AR department so much that the rep factories have little chance of catching up any time soon. I have never seen glass like it on any timepiece before and if you haven't had a chance go check one out in person and try not to buy it.

lear2003

13/8/12
2 Pieces? You've got to be kidding me. Lol
615c5ee5-f9b9-cceb.jpg

I keep mine on 8 and I struggle to do that, usually around 10-12.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Awsome set-up R2D4, are those units modular or is it a complete unit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD