• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Liquidmetal PO

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Why this happens when I am cutting my collection to 2 pieces, why!

2 Pieces? You've got to be kidding me. Lol
615c5ee5-f9b9-cceb.jpg

I keep mine on 8 and I struggle to do that, usually around 10-12.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
I keep mine on 8 and I struggle to do that, usually around 10-12.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That behaviour can be called addicted, definitely !

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Aye, thems the ones! :D

God even looking at the pics again makes me shudder to think how they are going to pull a good rep of these out!

Like this?

6876789106_43b5160da1_b.jpg

I'd like to see them try and rep this:

preview_image_0_10425102x.jpg

=========================================================================================================================
Edit:

They're never gonna get something to match that awesome gen 8500 but
If they can decorate the ladys 'ladymatic' watch movement like this:

IMG_1069.JPG

Then surely they can do something passable with a displayback on a selitta or a2824?

Then get the dial quality and bezel quality to match that of the proplof i.e. Logos/Lettering/ etc:
232323232%7Ffp%3A98%3Enu%3D324%3B%3E873%3E994%3EWSNRCG%3D3458947246325nu0mrj

Add superlume and half decent pearl and stick them all in a half decent 1:1 sized case then it would be a very nice watch,
not quite 1:1 but certainly a very buyable watch. I still think I'd buy the gen eventually at a decent 2nd hand price if available
but they have the calibre in the factories atm to produce a bloody nice rep!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
any update on this?

No updates so far, still 'in production' atm, will be a while yet, there should be plenty of discussion when an announcement/prototype is sent to the dealers.

Let's hope its worth the wait!

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
If they rep this watch, the bezel is easy, just use aluminum or SS and print onto it. I know that is cheating and cheap but hey, do they have the machinery to do the liquid metal? Maybe but who knows until we see a rep. I see micro$oft is using liquid metal technology to make the Surface tablet as well. But since it is new technologies I kinda doubt that factories making reps of stuff have the tooling necessary to do it yet.

Clear casebacks have been done back and forth multiple times on various brands of rep watches that one is a no brainer. Same with detailed movements with or without clear casebacks.

The watch looks nice but the more I see this gen, the more I feel that I would prefer a 5th generation PO with the regular bezel. Why? Because I like how it looks better. Just because this is the "latest" thing doesn't mean that it is what everyone wants :p I would have to say the same for all the james bond edition watches. Those are hit and miss, especially in rep. The rep of the gun barrel one looked rather hideous to me but the gen looks very nice and high end. Then the gen later ones to me seemed a little bit more on the gaudy side.

the next rep I buy is probably going to be 5th gen black & white 42.5mm PO not waiting for the liquid metal one to show up or if it does I will take a look and pass on it anyway. I do, however, think this watch looks dramatically better than the ploprof which I hated because I thought they took that and made it take place of making the 5th gen. I'm so glad I was wrong :)

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
Different reps for different folks I guess. I for one am waiting on baited breath for this bad boy. I just hope that it is a product of the accumulated knowledge used to make PO and not just a quick knockoff with all the problems of the first PO reps.

Scarface

1/3/11
Only the titanium version in blue is liquimetal rest are normal ceramic but they look like liquidmetal with buttery smooth finish

Sent from my ?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well they keep improving it and that's good!

Pearl is off again but at least is straight
Lume markers are wrong
Hour markers are suppose to be raised. Are they? I cant tell.
What's the deal with that ZrO2 thing on the dial?
HE valve is off too
Insert is in good way too, but off again...

Lot of work to be done! Come on factories!!!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Photos...

omega-seamaster-liquidmetal-review-620x542.jpg

Omega-seamaster-22230422001001-liquidmetal-close.jpg
omegaseamaster42mmceramicbezel-1.jpg

Pearl is off again but at least is straight
Lume markers are wrong
Hour markers are suppose to be raised. Are they? I cant tell.
What's the deal with that ZrO2 thing on the dial?
HE valve is off too
Insert is in good way too, but off again...

-Pearl sucks. Looks like it was done in a barn during a tornado.
-Bezel is close, if you have cataracts.
-Not crazy about the endlink quality

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Maybe you could use this dial (relumed by Wiz) , insert(R2 gen pearl swap) and caseback on a 5GPO. Maybe.......:lol:

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
How did they think that pearl would be a good idea? Plus one of the coolest things about this watch is the raised hour markers.

Based on TBs photos is the case made of a different material on the LM? They look like different colors.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Ok, here's what I've gathered:

1) The Zr02 designation apparently was on the first Liquidmetal gen run. The 2012 watch, which I tried on last week does not have that.

2) The 2012 version has a highly polished gloss dial. Available in both Blue and Black. I'm not sure what the first run Liquidmetal Zr02 had, since I've never seen one in the flesh. Also, I'm not sure if the Zr02 had raised numerals.

3) The 2012 version is available in both Chrono and 45mm, but I believe this larger model is only available in blue. I tried all three watches on in the Venice Italy boutique last week. They are fantastic and look a million times better than the regular PO.

4) All the Liquidmetal watches weigh considerably less than their PO counterparts due to the titanium. I'd say that they weigh half as much. It's quite noticeable.

5) Hont's version isn't that far off, but the bezel tick marks are too close to the white inner stripe. They almost touch. Apart from this, and the pearl I'm not sure how far off this rep really is. It's by far their best effort.

thran

9/7/12
Ok, here's what I've gathered:

1) The Zr02 designation apparently was on the first Liquidmetal gen run. The 2012 watch, which I tried on last week does not have that.

2) The 2012 version has a highly polished gloss dial. Available in both Blue and Black. I'm not sure what the first run Liquidmetal Zr02 had, since I've never seen one in the flesh. Also, I'm not sure if the Zr02 had raised numerals.

3) The 2012 version is available in both Chrono and 45mm, but I believe this larger model is only available in blue. I tried all three watches on in the Venice Italy boutique last week. They are fantastic and look a million times better than the regular PO.

4) All the Liquidmetal watches weigh considerably less than their PO counterparts due to the titanium. I'd say that they weigh half as much. It's quite noticeable.

5) Hont's version isn't that far off, but the bezel tick marks are too close to the white inner stripe. They almost touch. Apart from this, and the pearl I'm not sure how far off this rep really is. It's by far their best effort.

wonder about the weight of the rep then compared to the gen