• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KRF is back making BB 36

FaintOrGloch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/22
Don’t think you would have any regrets going for the blue variant ;)
I think I'm convinced.
Couple of Qs - what's the winding like? My only complaint with my BP Explorer (same 2824 copy, I think) is the winding is rough as a badger's arsehole, and the screw down threads don't feel great.

Also - Which TD for buying a KRF rep with PP Gift or Wise? Hont thread says "PP under certain conditions"

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
I had both gen and my rep in hand and the blue dial is clearly spot on. Some members here were worried it might look too bright but it's clearly dark/royal blue most of the day and it turns dark navy/black in lower lights conditions. It's really good.

what do you think about the crown tube? is it too short on the krf?

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Does someone know if there is a jubilee bracelet thats fits the KRF case?

I have seen the Uncle Seiko Jubilee bracelet for the 36.
BB36Jubilee_12.jpg

Does someone know if this fits the KRF case? I saw in the KRF vs gen topic that the case rounding at the lugs is a little different. And this one has SEL's so the room van margin is VERY low probably.

Would appreciate if someone has some experience with a jubilee!

FaintOrGloch

10/7/22
Damn that looks good. And in blue, it'd justify me keeping my BP Explorer 36, as they're, erm, slightly different!
Can't help with the strap. I've looked at Uncle Seikos, and just assumed even if the width worked, the holes wouldn't line up or something.

Reactions: mien and Voo-doo

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Damn that looks good. And in blue, it'd justify me keeping my BP Explorer 36, as they're, erm, slightly different!
Can't help with the strap. I've looked at Uncle Seikos, and just assumed even if the width worked, the holes wouldn't line up or something.
Definitely! i think they can live together.

Although i have to say my collection is made up of random watches which I like and some are almost the same xD

Yeah, thats my fear with the SELS' but i guess it would look CRAZY on this one haha :p

Reactions: FaintOrGloch

mien

Horology Curious
19/2/22
No one no one one oneeeeeee 🎶

Damn, looks great. And much better than any Chinese 36mm Explorer-type watch. How is the crown tube and when did you order? I dearly hope that short tube was just the batch at the time 😃

Reactions: Voo-doo

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Haha thanks! I need to say that I really enjoy the watch. Im even thinking of buying the gen but I think it's not worth the money with a rep this good haha! Schizophrenic.

About the crown tube. Ive seen alot of KRF's with short tubes. I think its their major tell? Which i don't understand when the rest of the rep is SO good. This seems like an obvious (and easy?) thing to get right ..

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Haha thanks! I need to say that I really enjoy the watch. Im even thinking of buying the gen but I think it's not worth the money with a rep this good haha! Schizophrenic.

About the crown tube. Ive seen alot of KRF's with short tubes. I think its their major tell? Which i don't understand when the rest of the rep is SO good. This seems like an obvious (and easy?) thing to get right ..
There are a lot of "obvious and easy" things to get right that aren't among most reps.

roco-ono

Horology Curious
14/9/21
Surely there will be a version soon with at least one of the errors fixed (the two being the crown tube and lume issue). Does anyone on the ground have an idea when we can expect it?

Reactions: Oeilvert

soliloqueen

17/7/21

Oeilvert

Certified
20/1/22
UK
trusty added a v3 thursday...
old news?
I attempted to purchase one, this is what you get:

Same faults still present, It's so frustrating as this must be one of the easiest watches to replicate 1:1.

centrum

27/7/14
I got the latest version of KRF BB 36 Black. I don't know how accurate it is to the gen, but the build quality is fantastic. I was worried since KRF is a new name, but it looks like quality is their priority. I am ordering a blue one after CNY. I can't wait to see KRF's future offerings.

jp3007_1

Supporter
Certified
17/10/18
Looks amazing!! I had the gen and it was the most comfortable, stylish and understated luxury watch I had!