• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KRF is back making BB 36

WatchThisWrist

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/8/22
Just received the QC pics. On first glance the watch looks really good to me. The blue color is a bit dark but I think it’s because of the lighting, as seen on the photos posted above the blue looks a lot lighter.

On the previous release by KRF, I know there were some SEL gap issues. They don’t seem to have this issue, at least on my watch.

Please see the photos below :)

1675lover

Known Member
23/7/22
as expected, the lume color of the hands and plots dont match
hands - white
plots - off-white

i'll get it relumed if i'm buying :/

dancraig

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/18
That QC looks great, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking ? I just ordered one from Hont and I want to make sure it's the latest version as well. I think I saw some lume shots too, it looked clean.

WatchThisWrist

INMATE
2/8/22
I’ve paid $348 + shipping costs for the watch

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
It’s a shame, the same issue with the white lume… pending of seeing the black one, but I suppose it will have the same issue.

Relume is the solution

mien

Horology Curious
19/2/22
All QC pictures that I have seen since the KRF re-launch show a shorter black crown tube. This was supposed to be a feature of the V3, but I had not seen it before. To my eye, they overdid it though in comparison to gen. It's slightly too short now, and kinda breaks one of the most recognizable features of the BB line.
Some would say this fixes the biggest flaw of the genuine BB36.

Regarding the hands: not only is the lume color off, the minute hand is also too slim. it should have the same width as the 3, 6 and 9 markers. Does anybody have experience with sourcing correct hands? Or maybe the dial markers are too thick.

A beautiful watch nonetheless.

dancraig

1/8/18
All QC pictures that I have seen since the KRF re-launch show a shorter black crown tube. This was supposed to be a feature of the V3, but I had not seen it before. To my eye, they overdid it though in comparison to gen. It's slightly too short now, and kinda breaks one of the most recognizable features of the BB line.
Some would say this fixes the biggest flaw of the genuine BB36.

Regarding the hands: not only is the lume color off, the minute hand is also too slim. it should have the same width as the 3, 6 and 9 markers. Does anybody have experience with sourcing correct hands? Or maybe the dial markers are too thick.

A beautiful watch nonetheless.

Honestly, I think it does fix the flaw from the gen and looks better. I tried on a gen BB36 last week and I asked the seller if the crown was pushed in or not because it was really sticking out.

dancraig

1/8/18
I received the QC !
I'm not sure what you guys meant by wrong lume color but it looks fixed :
z1A9Sk.jpg

Here is a comparison shot with a gen one (sorry for the flash through glass picture, I'm dumb)
z1ABHW.png

I'm greenlighting this baby, cheers !

mien

Horology Curious
19/2/22
Sweet! The color difference is very subtle under artificial light. No big deal at all, but to each their own. The rep has the perfect case shape and I think that matters the most. That short crown tube tho :c I'd prefer too long but easy to mod.

Reactions: dancraig

dancraig

1/8/18
Yes in a regular lighting I see the slight difference now, hope it’s not too much in person, but it should be fine. I’m really excited about seeing it because the gen was the perfect fit on my wrist.

Also the gen dial print looks sharper but it might also be the QC pic quality that’s not as good as mine.

Oeilvert

Certified
20/1/22
UK
Looks pretty good, shame about the crown stem being too short now though? I get some actually prefer it that way but it's an instant tell. May have to go gen on this one.

Reactions: mien

FaintOrGloch

10/7/22
On the Jtime site, the crown looks to be about the right length. very tempted by this - couldn’t get a good BB36 rep so I ended up with a BP Explorer which I love, but still want to scratch the BB36 itch. Can’t wait to see some user pics.

WatchThisWrist

INMATE
2/8/22
On the Jtime site, the crown looks to be about the right length. very tempted by this - couldn’t get a good BB36 rep so I ended up with a BP Explorer which I love, but still want to scratch the BB36 itch. Can’t wait to see some user pics.

Here you go, a little video showing the blue variant.

Reactions: FaintOrGloch

WatchThisWrist

INMATE
2/8/22

Here you go, a little video showing the blue variant.

dancraig

1/8/18
Thanks for posting that up - how do you reckon the blue stands up to gen?
I think I'll pull the trigger. Probably blue, as black would be practically the same as my Explorer.
I had both gen and my rep in hand and the blue dial is clearly spot on. Some members here were worried it might look too bright but it's clearly dark/royal blue most of the day and it turns dark navy/black in lower lights conditions. It's really good.