• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLF "Tribute" Reverso Releasing Soon - Looks Promising

jaspaghetti

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
5/4/24
thanks for this awesome review 😍

For me, it’s still a bit off for my trigger point. it looks a bit blocky and it’s too big. The sense of timeless elegance is lost
Yeah you're not wrong to be honest. I definitely would prefer it smaller but would say its probably JUST within a nice size (for me at least), especially if you pair with a very thin strap.

Would definitely look fine on a bigger guy/wrist. My wrist is 17cm - so not particularly big at all but think i can just get away with it - a few millimetres bigger and i'm not so sure. Just gutted they don't make smaller versions - fingers crossed they will soon.

Reactions: Karbon74

jaspaghetti

Supporter
Certified
5/4/24
Thank you!
Does the watchcase losen itself if worn?
Or does the wiggling only occur when moving the case by hand?
Correct. It does not loosen itself just with regular wear. It needs to be nudged by hand to be loosened.

Reactions: Fabian.

mrwizzz

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/1/22
Thanks for the great review @jaspaghetti. The videos are very helpful.

Indeed, the crown protrudes out - it's more noticeable in the vid than the pics.

re: straight case back and not sloping, is the watch still comfortable to wear thru the day?
I know it's early days still :ROFLMAO:, but does the dial still sit firmly in place when it's clicked in?

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Ah man, thanks for the review, very helpful indeed. They're nearly there!

jaspaghetti

Supporter
Certified
5/4/24
Thanks for the great review @jaspaghetti. The videos are very helpful.

Indeed, the crown protrudes out - it's more noticeable in the vid than the pics.

re: straight case back and not sloping, is the watch still comfortable to wear thru the day?
I know it's early days still :ROFLMAO:, but does the dial still sit firmly in place when it's clicked in?
It is comfortable to wear to be honest. As long as you change out the awful stock strap - but i guess that's standard practice with any rep really.

It stays in place pretty much 90% of the time. Every now and again if you're thumbling about putting a jacket on, hand in a backpack etc then it comes loose but its fairly good.

F4lfil

15/4/24
TOW just reverted that this is a new release from the factory ANF (well, never heard of before) but it does not have any detail nor prior QA picture to share. However it can be ordered now.

Anyone has been given QA pictures or has one on hand ?
Yes
Here you go
This QC send by TOW to some one ordered the watch b4 me
It’s a quartz watch
I think the mono face with a white dial is the best for now
And I don’t know if the AN factory made a duoface variation but I hope so

jaspaghetti

Supporter
Certified
5/4/24
Yes
Here you go
This QC send by TOW to some one ordered the watch b4 me
It’s a quartz watch
I think the mono face with a white dial is the best for now
And I don’t know if the AN factory made a duoface variation but I hope so
Definitely not quartz. - Wish it was then it could be thinner.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
I don't wanna open another thread, anyway JLC has just relased the Reverso Tribute Enamel Monet, with three different Enamel Dials...it is very unlikely these will be repped (14 enamel layers, 70 hours for each dial ) , but they're still a delight to see !!

79fbbe6b8e12b605293384c42a533f02575c5937.jpg

Last edited:

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Indeed outstanding, just like the earlier releases featuring masterpieces from Gustave Courbet, Vincent Van Gogh and Gustav Klimt.

I have a chance to take a look at the Great Wave of Kanagawa in the boutique years ago and has yet to recover from the shock of its sticker price ! I would not dare to ask how much these enamel Monet cost.

Keitime

7/3/24
I don't wanna open another thread, anyway JLC has just relased the Reverso Tribute Enamel Monet, with three different Enamel Dials...it is very unlikely these will be repped (14 enamel layers, 70 hours for each dial ) , but they're still a delight to see !!

Just something someone might find interesting. The Monet of Venice at night in these, is the painting stolen at the start of The Thomas Crown Affair (1999). The thief wears a Reverso (with names removed).

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada

I wonder if art like this could be rendered on the SS caseback using a MOPA fiber laser to the oxide colors to approximate the colors of the painting? @xZeroCoolx is your fiber laser source MOPA or q-switch?