• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 Grand Prix Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
The problem is the end links. It's not made to accept gen strap cos the shape of the gen strap insert and the end links result in the end link holes not aligned with the gen strap hole. So they must be redrilled, as all of you might have known, thus resulting in the gen strap not flush with the case. You'll be fine if you use the rep strap.

That's one of the irritating part that I hope not exist on JF version since the GP doesn't look very nice when the strap isn't flush. That's why I rarely wear mine.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I enlarged my plot holes, but, you are right, the gen strap sits above the case. I would love to get replacement plots that accept the gen strap. I was never really happy with the rep strap.

APGP89

Renowned Member
11/12/14
Asia
I enlarged my plot holes, but, you are right, the gen strap sits above the case. I would love to get replacement plots that accept the gen strap. I was never really happy with the rep strap.

I did enlarge the plot holes the first time, but the gen strap sits above the case. I tried to close all holes, and drill new holes, but still isn't flush. from my conclusion it's because that the shape of the endlink itself is not right.
hope j12 can get the endlinks right.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
If you do have the rep strap at hand, try to compare the inserts of the straps ... the little nose from the endlinks need to "grab" inside the inserts, if those puzzles won´t match, drilling new holes won´t help.

Dr. Theo
P.S.: Best way is to source 4 new plots. Those plots have a little nose that should fit the strap-inserts 1:1, like two pieces of a puzzle. If a strap does not fit, one of the reasons can be that little nose does NOT fit into the strap-inserts like it should and prevents the strap to sit correctly. Get replacment plots and mill down that little nose that needs to fit into the strap-inserts, this might allow the strap to sit where it should.

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
This looks great. Does anyone know when this will be available?

i was going to buy a panda as my first AP but I think I will wait for this one. That red dial looks stunning and the full carbon body also.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
This looks great. Does anyone know when this will be available?

i was going to buy a panda as my first AP but I think I will wait for this one. That red dial looks stunning and the full carbon body also.

To be honest I doubt it would be as close to the one you see in those pictures... It took our well Known GP soldier, 'Zorro'' almost 2 years of modding to get it to the stage it is... For your first AP I suggest you get something a bit more subtle , like the Panda you wanted to get or any of the Divers or depending on your wrist size if you prefer larger size 44mm AP, you can go for those as well... Just my opinion or you can wait for the GP after Chinese new year if thats what you really want. It's up to you haha

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
The photos Angus posted of the dials look great and will be good to see on the new j12 version after cny. I will wait. I'm sure it will be a good replica and equal to the panda which is also very good.

what is the best AP rep that's closest to the gen?

thanks

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
The photos Angus posted of the dials look great and will be good to see on the new j12 version after cny. I will wait. I'm sure it will be a good replica and equal to the panda which is also very good.

what is the best AP rep that's closest to the gen?

thanks

Keep reading young Jedi.... you will find Ap diver ss V7 as the closest...

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
The game is about to start
9ceef234f22c91f4720a27347c59c9c7.jpg

71b6f43cd77b82ed4a22bdb3173792c5.jpg

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
When will the madness begin I can wait for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Hmmm, decent enough ... I wonder if there any changes in the case back are, decorated or not haha :hehehe: ??

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
JF should be...

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Hopefully the forge carbon version will be the first one released keep them fingers crossed

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Hopefully the forge carbon version will be the first one released keep them fingers crossed

They all have some forged carbon ?? But I guess you mean the all FC version (Case and bezel)

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Correct

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Someone post a photo... I know they are lurking out there [emoji4]